eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

View Poll Results: When to announce the winner of the YDC competition

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Move YDC winner announcement to the 1st of the month

17 80.95%
  • Keep YDC winner announcement on the 29th of the month

0 0%
  • It doesn't matter when the announcement is made, just make sure I know when I win.

4 19.05%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: YDC Winner Announcement

Default YDC Winner Announcement

When I agreed to take on YDC (Your Donation Counts), I was told that one of my duties was to announce the winner of the YDC competition on the 29th of each month.

How do folks feel about this being moved to the 1st of the following month?

This would give YDC more exposure, since the YDC forum threads would be spread out during a longer period throughout the month.

The winner thread would be started after the tally thread is pretty much completed, so there is less chance of posting to the wrong YDC thread.

And last, but by no means least, I would have less stress on the 29th as I frantically try to pay all my YDC debts and post YDC packages.

What are your thoughts on the matter?

I humbly submit my request and will honor the decision of the masses.

Last edited by hurryb4itsgone; 1st November 2015 at 04:25 PM.

In A Butterfly House, Essex, United Kingdom
    View emmily121's Feedback (+310)
    All-About emmily121
    View emmily121's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: YDC Winner Announcement

As one of the YDCers who have accidentally posted my tally in the wrong thread when both the tally thread and the winner thread were at the top, completely my fault for not reading title correctly (thanks again to whom ever PM'd me re my error so I could quickly delete it from the wrong thread and post it in the correct thread hoping not too many people noticed my error) I think it would be a nice start of the month for the winner thread to be posted on the 1st of the following month, not that it would make much difference for February. except on leap years.
    May I make a small suggestion of putting 2 ** at the start and end of the winners thread, making it stand out differently from the tally thread.

ETA Have I boobed again, was I suppose to just vote without making a comment as to why...I just can't seem to do anything right with YDC

Honest, reliable seller looking for honest, reliable buyers.

Emmily's Pin Badges
    New and used pin badges

NAWT Charity Store
    Take a minute to take a look

End of the Rainbow
    Will you find treasure at the end of the rainbow.
    Cuddly puppies and kittens now available.

YDC Charity Auctions

Forum Saint
    Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom
    View meebo1's Feedback (+7886)
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

nothing wrong with a comment

Quote Originally Posted by emmily121 View Post
    As one of the YDCers who have accidentally posted my tally in the wrong thread when both the tally thread and the winner thread were at the top, completely my fault for not reading title correctly (thanks again to whom ever PM'd me re my error so I could quickly delete it from the wrong thread and post it in the correct thread hoping not too many people noticed my error) I think it would be a nice start of the month for the winner thread to be posted on the 1st of the following month, not that it would make much difference for February. except on leap years.
    May I make a small suggestion of putting 2 ** at the start and end of the winners thread, making it stand out differently from the tally thread.

ETA Have I boobed again, was I suppose to just vote without making a comment as to why...I just can't seem to do anything right with YDC
    You are welcome!

Thank you for your suggestion.

I did ask for thoughts as well as votes.
    Last edited by hurryb4itsgone; 9th November 2015 at 02:07 PM.

Hi there hurry, I have voted for the announcement to be made on the 1st of the following month.

We all very much appreciate your input to the YDC, ensuring that all the relevant notices are posted in a timely fashion, and everyone understands the YDC rules.

Getting all your packages ready for posting and seeing to the financial side of collecting and sending money is stressful enough, without having to worry about searching for and announcing a winner for the next YDC in such a short time.
    Seems a sensible idea to me.
    Visit my clothes store -here
    Look in my treasure in trove ! here
    For
    soy wax candles, tarts & melts click here
    For trading cards click here
    Visit my Tazo barhere

Quote Originally Posted by Tropical_Trish View Post
    Hi there hurry, I have voted for the announcement to be made on the 1st of the following month.

We all very much appreciate your input to the YDC, ensuring that all the relevant notices are posted in a timely fashion, and everyone understands the YDC rules.

Getting all your packages ready for posting and seeing to the financial side of collecting and sending money is stressful enough, without having to worry about searching for and announcing a winner for the next YDC in such a short time.
    Thank you so much! Your support is much appreciated.

Forum Saint
    View Anniemcc2's Feedback (+3934)
    All-About Anniemcc2
    View Anniemcc2's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tropical_Trish View Post

A *BIG* Ditto

Quote Originally Posted by Anniemcc2 View Post
    A *BIG* Ditto
    Thank you!

Anyone else have any comments or thoughts?

Don't forget to vote.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

I don't see why you have to lock yourself into hitting a particular date. You can have a target date that you aim for, but it is hardly the end of the world if you miss it.

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    I don't see why you have to lock yourself into hitting a particular date. You can have a target date that you aim for, but it is hardly the end of the world if you miss it.
    You're right ... it's not the end of the world. Moving the "target date" would just help my world spin a little smoother.

Thread Information