Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

View Poll Results: Do you think fireworks should be on general sale?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, current restrictions on sales are sufficient.

6 21.43%
  • No, sales should be restricted to licensed organised events.

21 75.00%
  • Other, see comments.

1 3.57%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fireworks

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Fireworks

Quote Originally Posted by madelaine View Post
    It was safer & more spectacular AND we didn't have to worry about our dogs & cats for weeks either side like we do today.
    Not 'safer' if you let RAF armourers come up with a spectacular way of lighting the bonfire. I think that bonfire is still in orbit, as all that was left was a hole in the ground. It may even possibly be what is designated WTF1190F heading back on Nov 13th.

View madelaine's Feedback (+5872)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    Not 'safer' if you let RAF armourers come up with a spectacular way of lighting the bonfire. I think that bonfire is still in orbit, as all that was left was a hole in the ground. It may even possibly be what is designated WTF1190F heading back on Nov 13th.
    No, I've no experience of the RAF... my experience is all large garrisons with their own firemen who do it very carefully.
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

Quote Originally Posted by sidthelamp View Post
    "your also capable of understanding theres a likely chance of fire works and noise on celebration nights across the uk
    Indeed I do take responsibility for my dogs 24 hours a day; I do not allow them to run around being a nuisance to others, and they are always under my control. However, the concept that those in the population who think it their "right" to make every night of the year a night of celebration and may do so without bothering about other citizens is ludicrous.

Anyway - do whatever you like, folks, so long as you are minding your own business! Now there's a civilised thought!

We don't usually bother with fireworks for Nov 5th these days as there are enough organised events but we have them on new years eve instead as we usually share with friends so I'm quite happy the way things are at the moment.

All-About astral276
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cambrensis View Post
    Anyway - do whatever you like, folks, so long as you are minding your own business! Now there's a civilised thought!
    Actually, an uncivilised one. If you live in a society then it is not ok just to 'do whatever you like'. You need an appreciation that what you do can impact on others and infringe their rights. Something those letting off fireworks locally at 03:40 today clearly didn't get.

[QUOTE=astral276;1659870]Actually, an uncivilised one. If you live in a society then it is not ok just to 'do whatever you like'. You need an appreciation that what you do can impact on others and infringe their rights. Something those letting off fireworks locally at 03:40 today clearly didn't get.[/QUOTE

I do hope that the majority reading this thread realised that I was being ironic; read with my previous remark, it should have been fairly obvious.

Funnily enough we had an outbreak of fireworks at about 3:30 am this morning, totally illegal of course, but difficult to enforce.

At the moment we have the local manglewurzels knocking on doors and demanding sweets. They do NOT knock at mine as I have a large notice warning them off...and I allow my dogs to run between my front door and the side entrance barking, threateningly!

View sidthelamp's Feedback (+541)
    All-About sidthelamp
    View sidthelamp's Listings
    Forum Posts

Actually, an uncivilised one. If you live in a society then it is not ok just to 'do whatever you like'. You need an appreciation that what you do can impact on others and infringe their rights. Something those letting off fireworks locally at 03:40 today clearly didn't get.
    actually your wrong it is not illegal to have a bonfire or fireworks when ever you like , people are exercising there irght and tradition to celebrate bonfire night , so your answer is to let big brother take control of another aspect of are lives ,because it disturbs you, the bigger picture is lots of people enjoy themselves taking part in celebrations for whatever reason , they dont all want to troop along to some organised event that could well be the other side of town, although if that is there wish who am i to oppose it,nor am i a kill joy with nothing better to do than moan at people enjoying themselves,
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/under pressure

MY ATTITUDE IS A RESULT OF YOUR ACTIONS!!!
    IF YOU DONT LIKE IT BLAME YOURSELF.

All-About astral276
    Forum Posts

I do hope that the majority reading this thread realised that I was being ironic; read with my previous remark, it should have been fairly obvious.
    Obviously not obvious enough as I misinterpreted it.

As you say, apart from a few occasions it is illegal to set off fireworks between 23:00 and 07:00. Impossible to police even if the police had the resources to do it. So the only solution would be not to place explosives in the hands of the morons that do such things.

View sidthelamp's Feedback (+541)
    All-About sidthelamp
    View sidthelamp's Listings
    Forum Posts

[QUOTE=astral276;1659873]
    Quote Originally Posted by cambrensis View Post

As you say, apart from a few occasions it is illegal to set off fireworks between 23:00 and 07:00. Impossible to police even if the police had the resources to do it. So the only solution would be not to place explosives in the hands of the morons that do such things.
    kids and big kids have been leting of fireworks 2weeks either side of bonfire night for decades , there are already more than enough laws to deal with noise after 23.00 if the police dont think thats serious enough to warrant a dedicated man hunt for the culprits , i dont think it warrants a out right ban for normal people,
    we could ban aircraft afterall another one came down today and killed 224 people, maybe not though, thats organised by people who know what there doing,, or we could ban all the cars on the road they KILL people the noise pollution is terrible right across the country 24/7 the pollution they emit kills people as well, but i guess thats all right because its organised, we could ban every thing, so we dont leave are boxes, without permission from the state, then we can ony go in transport provided by big brother,
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/under pressure

MY ATTITUDE IS A RESULT OF YOUR ACTIONS!!!
    IF YOU DONT LIKE IT BLAME YOURSELF.

I hope that the "I know my rights brigade" read that as it saves me going purple and bothering to answer. My ambition is to organise a local group to wait until the fireworks for Aunt Mary's birthday have finished, then surround their house banging tin trays and blowing whistles in celebration of the accession of Montezuma or some such nonsense. Now that would be enjoyable!!!

Thread Information