eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: International Shipping - Not Known

Default Re: International Shipping - Not Known

Thank you for all input.
    It seems the consensus is that you either take the time to add a shipping cost for International, or you don't ship Internationally.
    In which case the "Not Known" for International Shipping is a redundant feature and should be removed.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BigKidsAttic View Post
    Thank you for all input.
    It seems the consensus is that you either take the time to add a shipping cost for International, or you don't ship Internationally.
    In which case the "Not Known" for International Shipping is a redundant feature and should be removed.
    If you, or anyone, wants to list as postage not known then you are free to do that, so the feature is not redundant. The 'consensus' is based on the opinion of the few people who responded to your post and may not be representative of general opinion.

View purplestevie's Feedback (+8205)
    All-About purplestevie
    View purplestevie's Listings
    Forum Posts

If you use shipping not known you run the risk overseas buyers paying the UK rate! This can if the buyer is that way out gain you neg or neutral feedback.

View sidthelamp's Feedback (+541)
    All-About sidthelamp
    View sidthelamp's Listings
    Forum Posts

when i sold overseas always took the time to encluded the shipping cost, it saves any complications and helps for a smooth sale, the extra time in researching the cost and by what means, ie which carrier , this paid off for me by having a big proportion of my sales going overseas
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/under pressure

MY ATTITUDE IS A RESULT OF YOUR ACTIONS!!!
    IF YOU DONT LIKE IT BLAME YOURSELF.

View purplestevie's Feedback (+8205)
    All-About purplestevie
    View purplestevie's Listings
    Forum Posts

And then there are the newbie multi buyers who pay separetely for everything because they cannot wait for combined p&p which saves them money!!

Forum Master
    View tony41's Feedback (+10022)
    All-About tony41
    View tony41's Listings
    Forum Posts

Or they don't know that they should wait. Perhaps this problem would be less frequent if eBid had a cart system. Buyers are used to the cart system on other online selling websites.

Forum Newbie
    Bolton, Greater Manchester, United Kingdom
    View lesbubstuff's Feedback (+5426)
    All-About lesbubstuff
    View lesbubstuff's Listings
    Forum Posts

Have had the same problem using the "not known" option for international shipping on Ebid. I am annoyed with a comment from someone on this forum that thinks that choosing this option means that we are lazy re: "it just smacks at laziness".

With 800 listings in one of my stores, each with a different size and weight, it would take forever to work out a correct shipping cost, at any particular time, to each and every worldwide destination. I too ask potential customers to "get in touch before they buy" so I can find the best shipping price for them and invoice them accordingly.

Sometimes customers do not read or see this on each of my listings...Notice from Seller : Free Delivery Within UK Mainland Only. Overseas Customers Please Note: - please get in touch via the EBID console before purchasing and we will let you know the cost of shipping.

What doesn't help is a 'Free shipping' banner placed on the listing photo because I use a free shipping option for my UK customers...Please Please Please Ebid change this to 'Free Shipping To UK' or words to that effect.

Quote Originally Posted by lesbubstuff View Post
    Have had the same problem using the "not known" option for international shipping on Ebid. I am annoyed with a comment from someone on this forum that thinks that choosing this option means that we are lazy re: "it just smacks at laziness".

With 800 listings in one of my stores, each with a different size and weight, it would take forever to work out a correct shipping cost, at any particular time, to each and every worldwide destination. I too ask potential customers to "get in touch before they buy" so I can find the best shipping price for them and invoice them accordingly.

Sometimes customers do not read or see this on each of my listings...Notice from Seller : Free Delivery Within UK Mainland Only. Overseas Customers Please Note: - please get in touch via the EBID console before purchasing and we will let you know the cost of shipping.

What doesn't help is a 'Free shipping' banner placed on the listing photo because I use a free shipping option for my UK customers...Please Please Please Ebid change this to 'Free Shipping To UK' or words to that effect.

Most of my items are different sizes and weights. Lol, I feel envious of the stamp and postcard sellers when Royal Mail do their annual price hike !

I have nearly 2,000 listings here plus my own website so well over 2,000 and it's never been a problem showing international postage.

I had a customer from the Netherlands here yesterday who paid straight away without me even getting the chance to send an invoice but that was fine as the postage was included.

Why not use the Seajays link that I gave for all new listings you do and you can edit some of the old ones a few at a time when you get the chance ?

As a buyer I'm afraid I don't like 'free shipping' as there is no such thing ! I would rather buy from a seller that shows the correct postage so if I wanted to buy more than one item I could get a combined postage rate.

Forum Master
    View tony41's Feedback (+10022)
    All-About tony41
    View tony41's Listings
    Forum Posts

I don't like "free shipping" either. I like to be able to offer a combined shipping rate to buyers. The use of "free shipping" inflates the apparent price per item and makes eBid appear expensive.
    The "free shipping" concept is an import from TOS who take their cut of the combined item price and shipping. As eBid only charge FVF on the item price, I think "free shipping" is unnecessary and reduces the likelihood of a buyer making multiple purchases. If they do do so, it then involves unnecessary refunds of excess postage.

Poulton-le-fylde, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View Gill's Feedback (+517)
    All-About Gill
    View Gill's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Attractive self lock cake box

'tis done sherlock, thank you.
    Gill (pronounced Jill) "Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful" William Morris 1834 - 1896

Thread Information