Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Possible re-configuration of Movies & DVD Category

Birmingham, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View lofty100e's Feedback (+74)
    All-About lofty100e
    View lofty100e's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Possible re-configuration of Movies & DVD Category

Hi, When the movies and DVD section is selected you then have to browse past all the Blu Ray options before arriving at the normal DVD selections. I am sure I am not the only person who has been caught out by the clunkiness of this category and placed my listing in Blu Ray in error.

I am guessing that it was programmed at the time Blu Ray was introduced and everyone assumed that Blu Ray woud blow the normal DVD format out of the water. In the same way that VHS took out Beta Max. However this has not happened as far as I know (whenever I browse through the shops and online the DVD seems to take precedence in positioning); this suggests that it is probably the dominant seller.

Would it be possible to have two clickable links when you enter the Movied/DVD category (one to take you to Blu Ray categores and the other to the DVD lists?
    To view my listings: click here: www.loftys-stores.com

To join eBid click this link: http://uk.ebid.net/buddy/253503

Poulton-le-fylde, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View Gill's Feedback (+517)
    All-About Gill
    View Gill's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Possible re-configuration of Movies & DVD Category

A little confused here as I can't see a problem.

If I click 'Buy' from this page and the click Movies/DVD section the Blu Rays are first because the list is in alphabetical order and I just read left to right until I come across DVD's.

Am I guessing that your problem arrives when listing?
    Gill (pronounced Jill) "Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful" William Morris 1834 - 1896

All-About lofty100e
    Forum Posts

That is correct, when you press the sell button and Moves/DVDs you are presented with a very long vertical pick list to scroll down. And as the site is being readied for easier handling on all devices this modification would make sense.

If the list wasn't in alphabetical order it would be chaotic, a seller would never be able to find the category they want to sell in.

All-About lofty100e
    Forum Posts

deanosaur: I have no problem with things being in alpha order, just askin for a link so that folks can access the correct format quicker.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lofty100e View Post
    deanosaur: I have no problem with things being in alpha order, just askin for a link so that folks can access the correct format quicker.
    I agree with your initial suggestion. Collapsible lists would benefit most selling categories. It irks me wading through the long lists, Heaven only knows what it is like for those that list a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    I agree with your initial suggestion. Collapsible lists would benefit most selling categories. It irks me wading through the long lists, Heaven only knows what it is like for those that list a lot.
    Ah... collapsible lists makes sense. So not just DVD and Blu-Ray but also HD DVD, Laserdisc, Other, Reels & VHS.

Not quite how I read the initial post

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by deanosaur1972 View Post
    Ah... collapsible lists makes sense. So not just DVD and Blu-Ray but also HD DVD, Laserdisc, Other, Reels & VHS.

Not quite how I read the initial post
    Not just there. If, for example, I wanted to list a music magazine I would have to scroll through all the book and comic categories before I even hit the start of the magazine categories.

It would be better, in that example, to initially only be presented with a choice of books, comics, and magazines. Selecting one of those opens up the more specific categories.

Not just there. If, for example, I wanted to list a music magazine I would have to scroll through all the book and comic categories before I even hit the start of the magazine categories.

It would be better, in that example, to initially only be presented with a choice of books, comics, and magazines. Selecting one of those opens up the more specific categories.

Oh how wonderful that would be!

I know that you will know this...... but for the benefit of others who may not....

In that example of a magazine - on the drop down list just hit M on the keyboard and it will take you directly to Magazines, saves scrolling. Same on the DVD example - on the drop down just hit D

That is in no way a solution, more of a 'make do'.

Thread Information