Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Promoting your Facebook Pages

View rokins_toys's Feedback (+770)
    All-About rokins_toys
    View rokins_toys's Listings
    Forum Posts

Arrow Promoting your Facebook Pages

This will only apply to you if you have an existing page on Facebook for your store on eBid and you wish to pay to promote your page to generate potential sales.

If like me you have a Facebook page for your "store" on eBid then like me you probably have zero or very few followers. I have neglected my Rokin's Toys page on eBid since setting up a few years ago because I knew that without paying to promote it then no one would know my Rokin's Toys page was there.

So last week I took the plunge, I paid to promote my Rokin's Toys page for the first time. It did not generate any sales yet, these things do take time, you need patience, and sales will eventually come, what is important though is that I got the Rokin's Toys name out there on Facebook and I will do so on a regular basis. More specifically, I targeted a specific niche - Star Wars collectors.

I have done some screenshots to help you see what I did and how.

Firstly, you want to select "promote page":

You will also notice that I have a "shop now" button active. This is called the "call to action" button and there is a drop down list with various options available to you depending on what you wish the button to do. As I am using this page for my store on eBid I set up the call to action button to direct people straight to my stores home page on eBid when they click on it.

This will take you to the "create advert/advert preview" section:

I have had to use two images here due to the scroll down nature of the option areas for filling out information.

You will see from the images how I have filled in the information specific to what I wish to target and where. You can also select the image you want as your banner as well. I opted for some cool looking Star Wars concept artwork to target the Star Wars collecting community.

From the above images, you can select a daily budget for "page likes". I opted for £2.00 per day for 5 days only. Obviously, the more you spend per day, the more "likes" you can get.

For each day, when the "likes" get used up then your adverts are taken down. However, even with the budget of £2.00 per day for up to "13 likes per day" I obtained over 230 impressions per day, that is my adverts on Facebook being visible over 230 times per day. In total I gained 1,395 impressions over the 5 days and gained a total of 66 "likes".

My adverts contained an image solely to attract Star Wars collectors of action figures as well as Star Wars fans in general. Star Wars being my best seller obviously. So most of the impressions will have been ignored by people glancing at the banners when they were visible while Star Wars collectors/fans would come and like my Rokin's Toys Facebook page.

You will have three types of banners automatically generated for you:

Desktop News Feed for news feeds when using PC, Laptops etc.

Mobile News Feed for smartphones etc.

Right Column for the right side of news feeds when using PC, Laptops etc.

This is how the banners will appear to other Facebook users:

These are my "insights" for the five days I ran the advertising for:

Promote Site:

As you will notice from the first image above, there is also the option to "promote site". It essentially works in the same way as promoting your Facebook page and the only difference is, you can directly promote your store on eBid by inserting the link for your store's home page on eBid.

Promote Page:

If eBid themselves used this and spent just as little as £5.00 per day for one week per month, they would significantly raise eBid's global presence online among potential online shoppers who use Facebook in their millions while Twitter is facing a decline in user presence. This paid for advertising can be done for as little as £1.00 or £2.00 per day and reaches a thousand times more potential shoppers than google shopping which costs eBid an awful lot of money when it would be far cheaper to advertise on Facebook and reach far more people. And let us face it, google shopping is about as well-known as what eBid currently is!

There is basically no point in having a Facebook page for your eBid store if it is going to sit there doing nothing for you. No one will ever know your Facebook page for your store on eBid exists unless you pay to promote it. Something eBid should understand but fail to do anything about.

eBid fail's to realise one important thing with social media - the only people they are tweeting to or posting to on Facebook are the very sellers themselves on eBid who are making up essentially 99.99% of their followers - potential buyers do not know eBid exists on social media sites like Facebook or Twitter because eBid do not pay to advertise on Facebook and/or Twitter even though it would be FAR cheaper than what they pump into google's pockets every month.

I did look into advertising on Twitter and found it was far more expensive for doing the same thing as what I can do on Facebook!

My Rokin's Toys Facebook page has very little on it at the moment but what is on it is what is important - images detailing two special offers I am currently running as well as a link to eBid to sign up. The more I promote my Rokin's Toys Facebook page the more Star Wars collectors see my presence on Facebook and stop by my page and eventually become customers.
    Last edited by rokins_toys; 16th June 2015 at 04:21 AM.
    “Doing business without proper advertising is like winking at a girl in the dark. You know what you are doing but nobody else does and the girl doesn't even know you're winking at her either."

Thread Information