eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ebid Should Let You Know How Many People Have Your Item On Their Watch List.

Default Ebid Should Let You Know How Many People Have Your Item On Their Watch List.

Ebid Should Let You Know How Many People Have Your Item On their Watch List. Ebay has this feature. I think it would be helpful to have it on ebid. That way you have an idea if your item is going to sell even before you get bids.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Ebid Should Let You Know How Many People Have Your Item On Their Watch List.

Quote Originally Posted by OlympusCoinz View Post
    Ebid Should Let You Know How Many People Have Your Item On their Watch List. Ebay has this feature. I think it would be helpful to have it on ebid. That way you have an idea if your item is going to sell even before you get bids.
    Much debated (search the forums if you are interested). My view is that knowing the number of watchers gives no useful information. Not all watchers, if any, are potential buyers.

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Ebid Should Let You Know How Many People Have Your Item On Their Watch List.

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    Much debated (search the forums if you are interested). My view is that knowing the number of watchers gives no useful information. Not all watchers, if any, are potential buyers.
    Agreed, most watchers are competitors, so really having such a feature is no use to me either.

View RameRetro's Feedback (+33)
    All-About RameRetro
    View RameRetro's Listings
    Forum Posts

My own personal experience on TOS, is that watchers often do translate into sales. I get a lot of views here (not too many sales!), but never know how many of these views have taken a serious look at my items (for whatever reason). Personally, I would like to see a watcher count.
    Horses for courses, though!

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RameRetro View Post
    My own personal experience on TOS, is that watchers often do translate into sales.
    So if the items had no watchers then they wouldn't have sold? How do you know one of the watchers bought the item? People watch for a myriad of reasons. Unless you know why each is watching then the number watching is a meaningless figure. I've seen, and personally had, items with dozens of watchers - but they ended up not selling. So what did those watch figures tell anyone?

Watchers also really only pertain to auctions, and if (in the absence of true data) the consensus in forums is correct that the auction format is losing ground on all sites to immediate purchase then any case for showing watchers stats declines even further.

If I could think of a single meaningful bit of information that could be garnered from watcher numbers then I would support it. That's not to say I am against providing them - I couldn't care less and would just ignore the facility if it were there. I would much rather, though, eBid spent the time and effort fixing some of the many existing problems with the site's core functions.

All-About RameRetro
    Forum Posts

So if the items had no watchers then they wouldn't have sold? How do you know one of the watchers bought the item? People watch for a myriad of reasons. Unless you know why each is watching then the number watching is a meaningless figure. I've seen, and personally had, items with dozens of watchers - but they ended up not selling. So what did those watch figures tell anyone?

Of course I don't know for certain that any of the "watchers" ended up as the final purchaser. All I know is that in my own experience, watched items seem to fare better than the unwatched ones. It's all circumstantial and proves nothing. I still think that showing a watch count wouldn't do any harm.
    Granted, fixing existing glitches should be the priority!

Forum Master
    View tony41's Feedback (+10028)
    All-About tony41
    View tony41's Listings
    Forum Posts

My experience with selling on TOS (a long time ago) suggested that to know the number of watchers was of little or no use. Many times my items sold even though there had never been any watchers. This means I agree that a sale is not necessary made by a watcher as Astral suggests. Also, I agree with Astral that eBid should spend any effort they can to sort out existing problems rather than to set up a feature that is of very little use.

View FBNeNotes's Feedback (+1108)
    All-About FBNeNotes
    View FBNeNotes's Listings
    Forum Posts

On this site it is false hope.

All-About RameRetro
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FBNeNotes View Post
    On this site it is false hope.
    The most convincing reason for not having it.....

I have made several purchases before on the other e site because of the watch list.

If I come across a rare or hard to find item that I am looking for & it shows several watchers, then I go ahead & buy it instead of taking the chance of it not being there later.

eBid is just so far behind the other sites.

Thread Information