eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is this a glitch?

Default Re: Is this a glitch?

Quote Originally Posted by sherlock07 View Post
    For Firefox Go to options if you are not sure where that is look for 3 little bars at the right of the address bar.

When the options tab opens go to advanced second optin down should be a clear now button.
    Before I do that is there anything in there that might cause problems if I clear it?

Thanks for your help.
    ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ----------

http://uk.ebid.net/users/theElench

View sherlock07's Feedback (+301)
    All-About sherlock07
    View sherlock07's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by theElench View Post
    Before I do that is there anything in there that might cause problems if I clear it?

Thanks for your help.
    No there is nothing there to worry about, all it does is store a copy of pages you have visited, so that it can load them faster next time, hence the suggestion that your problem me be a cache problem, previously got a corrupted page and the cache is serving up the corrupt page.

Sherlock's Watches Store ~ Great Watches for the Family
    Sherlock's Bazaar
    ~ General Store

Cleared the cache last night and logged in again this morning. Clicked on a diferent thread and only had the Reply with Quote option. Then clicked on this thread and have Reply (with or without quote) and "+. Any other ideas? This begining to bug me.
    ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ----------

View sherlock07's Feedback (+301)
    All-About sherlock07
    View sherlock07's Listings
    Forum Posts

Cleared the cache last night and logged in again this morning. Clicked on a diferent thread and only had the Reply with Quote option. Then clicked on this thread and have Reply (with or without quote) and "+. Any other ideas? This begining to bug me.
    Can't think of anything else at the moment, as to why it appears on some threads and not others. Maybe someone else might come up with the answer, if I think of anything will let you know.

Sherlock's Watches Store ~ Great Watches for the Family
    Sherlock's Bazaar
    ~ General Store

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

You only get a Reply with Quote button if you are not logged into the forums - but I would have expected you to be aware of if you are logged in or not.

You could try running Firefox in safe mode to see if the problem goes away. If it does then it is a conflict between some add-in and eBid.

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    You only get a Reply with Quote button if you are not logged into the forums - but I would have expected you to be aware of if you are logged in or not.

You could try running Firefox in safe mode to see if the problem goes away. If it does then it is a conflict between some add-in and eBid.
    Thanks Astral, that seems to be the answer. Looked at several threads before logging in Reply with Quote only. Logged in and the full set appear. Silly me.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thanks Astral, that seems to be the answer. Looked at several threads before logging in Reply with Quote only. Logged in and the full set appear. Silly me.
    So you exceeded my expectations.

You can opt to stay logged into forums. Just tick the Remember Me checkbox when you log in.

Thread Information