eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Extra Pop Up needed?

Thornton Cleveleys, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View cheaver's Feedback (+1050)
    All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Extra Pop Up needed?

I've had a new Buyer today who wanted to make multi purchases.

Each time she clicked to buy she wanted to go back and shop again but was faced with the Pay Now Paypal page -

She didn't want to Pay Now as she had seen my Notice re discounted postage for multi purchases. She wanted to browse & buy more so didn't want to click the Continue button on the Paypal page.

She then struggled to get back to my Shop to browse.

Eventually, she made 3 purchases (clearly with difficulty) and may have bought more if the scenario had been easier. In addition, she paid for 2 items (ie duplicate postage was paid, which I have had to adjust on the Invoice for the 3rd item). What a complicated mess!

Could there be a Pop Up window after a click to Buy and BEFORE the Paypal payment page please. eg Would you like to continue Shopping or Pay now options.

The continue shopping button should then redirect the Customer back to the Store.

Thank You for your consideration.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Extra Pop Up needed?

Have you got 'Require Immediate Payment' set in your My Defaults? If so, then the system was only doing what you had told it to do.

All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    Have you got 'Require Immediate Payment' set in your My Defaults? If so, then the system was only doing what you had told it to do.
    No I haven't Mel.

I often get buyers who buy a few items then decide to bid on others - I haven't had any problems so far (touch wood).
    I don't have 'Require Immediate Payment' set up as I feel this would discourage multiple purchase buyers.
    Visit my clothes store -here
    Look in my treasure in trove ! here
    For
    soy wax candles, tarts & melts click here
    For trading cards click here
    Visit my Tazo barhere

All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tropical_Trish View Post
    I often get buyers who buy a few items then decide to bid on others - I haven't had any problems so far (touch wood).
    I don't have 'Require Immediate Payment' set up as I feel this would discourage multiple purchase buyers.
    I agree with you Trish. I haven't heard of this issue before either - mainly I've only sold single items though - but this lady was a Newbie and sent me a message :

Fri 01 May 2015 16:44:15 (BST)
    Hi I have clicked on a few items think I did it right, now I have pay pal, so not a problem, apart from the message at the top about the post, now then when I clicked it on to buy then it would go to paypal but then I would click on continue to look at your things. so not sure what to do, my name on here is xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Perhaps a Pop Up Window with the following options might have made this newbie Buyer's 1st experience on eBid a lot easier? :

Click here to continue Shopping.
    Click here to request Invoice for multi purchases.
    Click here to Pay now for a single item via Paypal

Last edited by cheaver; 1st May 2015 at 07:52 PM.

I agree cheavs, a lot more needs to be done to encourage more buyers to have a stress-free experience here.
    At the moment, I feel eBid is not very buyer friendly.
    Newbies who buy several things sometimes get struck off - line through name etc. They are then asked for verification docs.
    This should all be done beforehand, I feel, as the seller is then left with a load of non-performing sales to someone who they can no longer communicate with due to new buyer being booted out. I speak from experience, this has happened to me on more than one occasion.

I appreciate the fact that eBid wants to make this a safe place to trade, and I appreciate this, but surely interference between new buyer and seller completing their business should be exactly that .... between new buyer and seller.
    Visit my clothes store -here
    Look in my treasure in trove ! here
    For
    soy wax candles, tarts & melts click here
    For trading cards click here
    Visit my Tazo barhere

View ropegg's Feedback (+424)
    All-About ropegg
    View ropegg's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cheaver View Post
    I agree with you Trish. I haven't heard of this issue before either - mainly I've only sold single items though - but this lady was a Newbie and sent me a message :

Fri 01 May 2015 16:44:15 (BST)
    Hi I have clicked on a few items think I did it right, now I have pay pal, so not a problem, apart from the message at the top about the post, now then when I clicked it on to buy then it would go to paypal but then I would click on continue to look at your things. so not sure what to do, my name on here is xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Perhaps a Pop Up Window with the following options might have made this newbie Buyer's 1st experience on eBid a lot easier? :

Click here to continue Shopping.
    Click here to request Invoice for multi purchases.
    Click here to Pay now for a single item via Paypal

I often make multiple purchases from the same seller and it brings up the PayPal page each time (it would be great to be given the option to continue shopping instead of have to start the process over each time). They do not require immediate payment. If I remember that they will combine postage I request an invoice for it but I usually forget and they refund the adjustment.

Edit: When I make the last purchase and click to pay with that page it does let me process all of them or part of them at that time. That part helps in the paying but the actual shopping and purchasing needs help.
    Last edited by ropegg; 2nd May 2015 at 12:18 AM.
    My stores:
    Ropegg
    Cups-Cups-Cups
    And Other Stuff
    Peggy A's Jewels

God Bless and have a great day!!!!

All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ropegg View Post
    I often make multiple purchases from the same seller and it brings up the PayPal page each time (it would be great to be given the option to continue shopping instead of have to start the process over each time). They do not require immediate payment. If I remember that they will combine postage I request an invoice for it but I usually forget and they refund the adjustment.

Edit: When I make the last purchase and click to pay with that page it does let me process all of them or part of them at that time. That part helps in the paying but the actual shopping and purchasing needs help.

Exactly. That's it in a nutshell. Because of that I have also emailed the suggestion to Support in case they miss seeing this thread on Forum.

All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

Good News on 2 fronts:

Support are looking into the suggestion.

Lovely Buyer (to whom I included my phone number in my emails) has just phoned and I was able to help her through making another purchase she wanted. (She struggled as her Dashboard had a heap of info re upgrading which she didn't want to do ~ before she could get to the tab for bought items so she could click on the Pay Now button. ?Perhaps something else to be looked into?)

All's well that ends well.

Would like to add: She said she much prefers this site to eBay - now that she knows how to navigate it (sort of) it's easier than eBay and eBid seems a much more honest site.

Great!

View 20sent06's Feedback (+11878)
    All-About 20sent06
    View 20sent06's Listings
    Forum Posts

Agree entirely with this requirement - so surprised it hasn't been addressed before.

Thread Information