Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I have an issue with YDC part 2 rules

Default I have an issue with YDC part 2 rules

I have raised this in the now closed thread, but have not had in my opinion a valid response

YDC is for all eBidders willing to take part, yet wording seems to be added and enforced from the next YDC, even though the wording change enforcement has the following issues with me

The word competition will in my opinion put of some new bidders
    The word competition was added by Vonz without a vote on this, but until now was never enforced
    If the word competition is to be enforced, then it needs to be done correctly. By this I mean that the YDC users, should, given that it has always been this way with rule changes, voted upon by YDC users
    Until it has been voted upon (for a sensible duration like 7 days) then the rule change (if voted for) could then be enforced. I feel a poll should be started by the YDC organiser
    Yes it may be just 1 word, but to me and others see this as an off-putting word for potential new bidders

I want YDC to be fun and continue, but I will not be taking part any more until this issue I have has had an outcome decided, rule changes can be good for the YDC evolution, but should be done in the correct way. I will not just sit back and say all is good when I feel it is not

Default Re: I have an issue with YDC part 2 rules

Quote Originally Posted by CarnoustieCats View Post
    Well, all this is not very reassuring for attracting anyone new to take part.

There was a vote - you lost. However, some other people may not be happy with the result either.
    So why not contact them and run your own Charity Auctions as you wish to see it done.
    You did run the YDC before for a very short while I believe.

Take part. Don't take part. Your choice. Nothing else to say.
    Could you point me to the vote.
    I must have missed it

Quote Originally Posted by CarnoustieCats View Post
    Okay one last comment as you will not let it go and want it spelt out

.. the vote was for a new person to run the YDC.

You lost the vote and it has been obvious from day one that you are very bitter about that.

The YDC 'belongs' to everyone -

not just you and one or two others who also seem to be very bitter about the result.

I think you have a total mis-understanding of my issue, or have me confused with someone else for some reason

I have nothing against the current YDC organiser (or any previous organisers)

I was not even up for taking over the reigns again, as my current life situation would not allow me to do so, so was not part of the vote
    The vote was between
    emmily121 who got 22.22%
    hurryb4itsgone who got 53.33%
    Moonwitch who got 24.44%

My only issue is with the word COMPETITION

I was not aware until Hurry's thread about "deciding the winner of YDC" that the word competition was added by Vonz after I passed the full reigns over to her

To be clear, I will have no issue with adding the word competition if it is voted upon by the YDC people as a rule alteration. Rule changes have always been voted upon by YDC people and the majority vote is then implemented.

I also agree that if Hurry believes that the rules for YDC need to be complied with to decide the winner of a YDC, then that would be fair, and I would also back that.
    However, I cannot agree that Hurry (or any other person that should take over the YDC in future) enforces a rule that has not been voted upon by the YDC people
    Last edited by raindropsies; 13th April 2015 at 08:59 AM.

No-one else is interested - and life is too short !!!

EDIT: Seem to have lost some of my post somewhere....
    I was actually referring to the vote before last.
    That one you won on the day then ..... .... 'nuff said!
    Last edited by CarnoustieCats; 14th April 2015 at 02:08 AM.
    --Linda--
    all feedback from eBid

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

I have stayed out of this so far, but wish to add this point. I think raindropsies has a valid point about a vote being needed to implement a change in the rules. This would prevent someone arbitrarily saying, for example, that only 3 items could be listed by any one seller.

In this instance of the use of the word competition to determine the winner of the competition (which it is), it seems to me it is a mere clarification of the terms and spirit of the purpose of that part of the YDC. I always thought one could be in the competition or not. I don't think the word competition will keep anyone away any more than it may attract people, and I think that it is helpful to have specific criteria laid out word for word, so if there is a dispute over a winner, the decision can be based on following the rules, and the arbiter not ever risk being accused of basing it on personalities or something.

I understand your feelings on this raindropsies, yet feel this may be a matter of the spirit of the law vs the letter of the law. If there is a law.
    I don't know. I just like the fun and the chance to help out various charities I may never even have heard about.
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

It seems that is not the only thing that changed between my ending the organisation and Vonz taking over, again without a vote one way or the other.

I am not bothered either way about the word competition, or about the point made below, it just seems odd that YDC is supposed to be for all YDC participants to vote on changes, yet rule changes are not being voted on. I have just copy and pasted text from relevant threads with links to them

3) Auction MUST NOT have a reserve or a BIN.
    on my last announcement thread http://www.ebid.net/forums/showthrea...ncement-Thread

3) Your auction should not have a reserve price or Buy Now, and it should be a standard auction (ie: not “featured”, or have any extra enhancements)
    on Vonz's 1st announcement thread http://www.ebid.net/forums/showthrea...rize-Draw-News

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HerMajesty View Post
    I have stayed out of this so far, but wish to add this point. I think raindropsies has a valid point about a vote being needed to implement a change in the rules. This would prevent someone arbitrarily saying, for example, that only 3 items could be listed by any one seller.

In this instance of the use of the word competition to determine the winner of the competition (which it is), it seems to me it is a mere clarification of the terms and spirit of the purpose of that part of the YDC. I always thought one could be in the competition or not. I don't think the word competition will keep anyone away any more than it may attract people, and I think that it is helpful to have specific criteria laid out word for word, so if there is a dispute over a winner, the decision can be based on following the rules, and the arbiter not ever risk being accused of basing it on personalities or something.

I understand your feelings on this raindropsies, yet feel this may be a matter of the spirit of the law vs the letter of the law. If there is a law.
    I don't know. I just like the fun and the chance to help out various charities I may never even have heard about.
    Ditto Her Majesty, especially the last part. I, too, participate for the fun of it and to help charities, I'm not concerned with winning the competition and would probably pass the baton to #2 if I did win, as I don't have any specific charity I support, but I like to help out whenever and wherever I can.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

It was some time ago, but I recall discussion and/or voting on adding the term competition to the rules of YDC. It was also discussed that anyone could opt out of the competition simply by not following the rules. That included having a start bid of .99 GBP or equivalent. That discussion was quite lengthy, perhaps someone could locate those past threads. I also recall their was lots of eliminating of historical information pertaining to YDC, as I was not comfortable with threads being deleted (by the author and by choice), if I am recollecting clearly. If I am not, just blame the length of time that has passed. I like rules, then I have something I can break. Just kidding........not.

P.S. : Link to a vote - http://www.ebid.net/forums/showthrea...e-over-the-YDC

Rules Before Vonz Reign: http://www.ebid.net/forums/showthrea...ncement-Thread

More Rules/Question About Thread Deletions: http://www.ebid.net/forums/showthrea...ive-this-month

Added Rule 99p/99c : http://www.ebid.net/forums/showthrea...simplification

Vonz On Building A Team YDC: http://www.ebid.net/forums/showthrea...ortfolio-Build

Vonz's 1st YDC: http://www.ebid.net/forums/showthrea...rize-Draw-News!

Found no threads addressing discussion or vote on "Competition" Issue, or any YDC changes prior to the last 2 links.

View NuttyKrafts's Feedback (+644)
    All-About NuttyKrafts
    View NuttyKrafts's Listings
    Forum Posts

I have missed most of whatever has been going on but here is my twopennorth - Why do we need so many rules and regulations for what is supposed to be a fun event to raise cash for charity? Why not just say any listing starting at 99p or under ( and $ equivalent) is automatically entered into the competition and likewise, any listing starting at £1 ( $ equivalent) is not. As long as you state in the title and description what charity your action is for - does anything else really matter?
    Nutty by name, nutty by nature.
    /

Hand made items here

Bits and pieces here

Fund raising for L.O.R.O.S. here

Books and music for L.O.R.O.S. here

View madelaine's Feedback (+5872)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

I agree with Nutty!
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

Thread Information