Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Glitch when my items are dispayed in Showroom

Default Glitch when my items are dispayed in Showroom

I recently noticed this glitch when my items are displayed using the Showroom mode. Normally a picture is displayed with the item description, plus the bid price, the Buy It Now Price and The Shipping cost. Some of my items are being displayed with only the picture & description, and NOT the bid price, Buy It Now price & Shipping cost.

For those items without the pricing information you have to click on the link to find out the pricing info.

I first noticed this about a week ago, and it seems to be happening with more & more items as time goes on. Particularly frustrating, because I offer FREE Shipping and this is not displayed for these items in the Showroom mode.

This is the link to my Ebid Store, and you'll see right on the front page that the pricing information is not available on numerous items.

http://us.ebid.net/perl/main.cgi?mo=...ff-of-memories

Default Re: Glitch when my items are dispayed in Showroom

Quote Originally Posted by vikingtwin View Post
    I recently noticed this glitch when my items are displayed using the Showroom mode. Normally a picture is displayed with the item description, plus the bid price, the Buy It Now Price and The Shipping cost. Some of my items are being displayed with only the picture & description, and NOT the bid price, Buy It Now price & Shipping cost.

For those items without the pricing information you have to click on the link to find out the pricing info.

I first noticed this about a week ago, and it seems to be happening with more & more items as time goes on. Particularly frustrating, because I offer FREE Shipping and this is not displayed for these items in the Showroom mode.

This is the link to my Ebid Store, and you'll see right on the front page that the pricing information is not available on numerous items.

I could see the bid price, buy price & free shipping on every item of the first 5 pages.

You might want to try clearing your cache & cookies of your browser.

It would also help if you post what browser & O.S you are using.

I am using chrome on win 7.

View sherlock07's Feedback (+301)
    All-About sherlock07
    View sherlock07's Listings
    Forum Posts

Using Firefox on Vista, and I see the same problem you do.

It does appear to effect only the taller of the photos, it could be something to do with the update announced in the news section.

Sherlock's Watches Store ~ Great Watches for the Family
    Sherlock's Bazaar
    ~ General Store

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

We will be seeing some oddities for a while in preparation for the new eBid site design. SEE HERE

View gazza's Feedback (+2)
    All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

Cannot replicate, can you do a hard refresh of the page, ensure you have the up to date css files loading.

If no luck can you do a screenshot for us,

Thx,
    Gazza
    eBid.net
    Free to Bid | Free to List | Free to Enjoy
    GBP and USD Affiliate Program Re-Launched .. Promote eBid and earn
    Got a problem? Record it for us using http://screencast-o-matic.com/

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

I see the issue on my tablet, but not on my main PC under Firefox, Chrome, or IE with WIn 7.

It looks as if the prices are there but are being overlaid by the images (you can just see a few pixels poking out to the left of the image). Sadly, I lack the tools on the tablet to confirm that.

There seems to be a few issues in relation to images. My guess is that it is connected to the new medium image size of 250 pixels from 200 pixels. Likely some page layouts are not behaving properly with the new sizing.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Best I can do to capture the issue on my tablet (remote due to image size):

http://mootango.webspace.virginmedia...emp/glitch.jpg

Note the two arrows; I believe the odd pixels pointed to are part of the prices (the start of the $ sign) being hidden by the images.
    Last edited by astral276; 14th April 2015 at 11:30 AM.

Forum Master
    View tony41's Feedback (+10051)
    All-About tony41
    View tony41's Listings
    Forum Posts

When I click on the link in your original post, everything looks fine to me. Prices are clearly visible. I am on a PC with Windows 7 and Firefox.

I'm using Internet Explorer and Windows 8 on my tablet. From comments posted, it seems that some people see this, and some don't depending upon the system being used.

I'm still seeing it today, nothings changed. The comments about this is happening as a result from going to 250 pixels from 200 pixels makes sense, but what to do about it.

I hate to spend too much time on it as I really (unfortunately) do not make many sales on Ebid, even though I try to send all my Ebay buyers here. Most sales I've made on Ebid are to buyers I've sent here from Ebay, but I guess it's hard to get the Ebay buyers to change their habits & try something new.

I wish there was a solution to this, as it is a detriment to sales to anyone looking at my store. They have to go into the auction on each item where the prices are not showing.

View gazza's Feedback (+2)
    All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

The problem should have been fixed a few days ago. It was happing for users with smaller screen resolutions.

Make sure you do a hard refresh in your browser, css files can be stubborn.

Gazza
    eBid.net
    Free to Bid | Free to List | Free to Enjoy
    GBP and USD Affiliate Program Re-Launched .. Promote eBid and earn
    Got a problem? Record it for us using http://screencast-o-matic.com/

Thread Information