Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Deciding the Winner of the YDC Auctions

Default Re: Deciding the Winner of the YDC Auctions

Quote Originally Posted by raindropsies View Post

Can you confirm just 2 things for me please

What the exact phrase should be, as I have never seen the rule change stating that the word competition needs to be in it, all I have seen is the wording "this is an entry into YDCxx and all monies raised will go to xyz" for it to qualify (in addition to the other rules)

When will the full enforcement begin?
    Looks like you answered your own question about when the change occurred.

And Brian has answered the question regarding the exact phrase. This is included in Part Two of the rules on each
    Announcement Thread.

As for your last question, "When will the full enforcement begin?"

YDC 131

Unless there is a change to the rule between now and the 19th.

I've now read every thread from my 2nd to last announcement thread to Armstrongs (Vonz) first announcement thread.
    I am willing to be corrected, but no where is there any discussion about the word competition being added, nor a vote.
    I have also checked previous organisers to me and did not see the word competition in any of their announcement threads either.

If people feel the need to have the rule include competition, that is their view
    Some will have the view that the word competition is not needed
    Some will simply not be bothered one way or the other.

Quote Originally Posted by hurryb4itsgone View Post
    Looks like you answered your own question about when the change occurred.

And Brian has answered the question regarding the exact phrase. This is included in Part Two of the rules on each
    Announcement Thread.

As for your last question, "When will the full enforcement begin?"

YDC 131

Unless there is a change to the rule between now and the 19th.
    I typed my last message before seeing this reply as I had a few tabs open to give the correct facts

Poulton-le-fylde, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View Gill's Feedback (+517)
    All-About Gill
    View Gill's Listings
    Forum Posts

Should YDC be a 'competition'?

Should there be a 'winner' of YDC?

Why shouldn't all charities in the world of eBid be part of YDC to earn the donations for the members chosen charity?

YDC stands for 'your donation counts' so why make charity auctions a competition?

YDC needs to include ALL members selling for charity no matter which charity they support = therefore all/some of the charities win each/every month - this will obviously depend on the supporters, current and new.
    Gill (pronounced Jill) "Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful" William Morris 1834 - 1896

Forum Saint
    Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom
    View meebo1's Feedback (+7886)
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Gill, I like the competition element, because it makes me think about what would interest the buyers enough to give me a chance at winning. But I am happy to support most charities and anyone can list for whichever charity they like. But having a nominated one helps to raise a bit more than a drop in the ocean.

Poulton-le-fylde, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View Gill's Feedback (+517)
    All-About Gill
    View Gill's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by meebo1 View Post
    Gill, I like the competition element, because it makes me think about what would interest the buyers enough to give me a chance at winning. But I am happy to support most charities and anyone can list for whichever charity they like. But having a nominated one helps to raise a bit more than a drop in the ocean.
    With respect meebo a drop in the ocean for any charity is better than nothing.

To keep everyone happy I will now stay away from replying to this thread. I obviously have my opinions regarding charity auctions and YDC members have theirs.

Just remember one thing charity members. Charity shops and retailers change their ways of selling to the general public by relaunching something that has gone stale.
    Gill (pronounced Jill) "Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful" William Morris 1834 - 1896

Forum Saint
    Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom
    View meebo1's Feedback (+7886)
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Gill, I agree(as to the drop in the ocean) but £500 is better than £5.

View madelaine's Feedback (+5872)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

The competition element has been there since the beginning. Personally, I like the nomination of a particular charity. I think it helps with the promotion of YDC as well as the particular charity concerned. As each of us sends in our proceeds to our particular charities, they are gratefully received but they make little difference to the reputation of eBid in general & YDC in particular. When a charity is nominated, it can make a real difference in publicity terms when they receive £500 rather than £20 odd.
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

Gill, the YDC was started by Yorkie as a competition and personally I like it that way, I like to be able to help different nominated charities each month. As you haven't taken part for a long time and keep voicing opinions about changing the YDC you could always organise your own charity event and run it yourself the way you would like it to be.

I know that the competition element has always been there, that adds to the fun of YDC
    What I do not agree with is having to use the word "competition" in the description as this has never been a rule change or voted on from what I can see on all the threads between my ending of organising the YDC and Vonz taking over the organisation of YDC

I agree that if the organiser wants to enforce the rules, that should be their choice, however only enforce the rules that are part of the YDC and only rule changes that have been voted on.

I do not see the need for the word competition and I will not use the word unless it is made compulsory to abide with the YDC.

Thread Information