eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Deciding the Winner of the YDC Auctions

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Deciding the Winner of the YDC Auctions

It would be good to put the opt out in the title if we had more title characters. As it is, I have difficulty sometimes getting everything into my titles word wise, which is why I suggested putting this in the description area. Maybe support would give us more characters for YDC titles if we asked?

I agree, YDC should be about having fun/raising money for charities and that should be the main focus.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

Quote Originally Posted by suesjools View Post
    It would be good to put the opt out in the title if we had more title characters. As it is, I have difficulty sometimes getting everything into my titles word wise, which is why I suggested putting this in the description area. Maybe support would give us more characters for YDC titles if we asked?

I agree, YDC should be about having fun/raising money for charities and that should be the main focus.

OO at the end of the title would work for me.
    Last edited by hurryb4itsgone; 29th March 2015 at 05:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hurryb4itsgone View Post
    OO at the end of the title would work for me.
    That sounds sensible and would make it much easier for you when trying to find the winner instead of having to search the body of a listing for wording and start price.

Quote Originally Posted by cornishmaid1961 View Post
    That sounds sensible and would make it much easier for you when trying to find the winner instead of having to search the body of a listing for wording and start price.
    In my book, sensible is a good thing. That being said, I always do try to look at things from a variety of perspectives.

If we go the route of OO in the auction title to opt out of the competition this would impact more than one of the current rules. In fact, I think it just may make all the rules in "Part two: Rules for the competition" obsolete.

Not necessarily a bad thing, just want to make sure we understand the ramifications or our actions.

Last edited by hurryb4itsgone; 29th March 2015 at 05:22 PM.

In my book, sensible is a good thing. That being said, I always do try to look at things from a variety of perspectives.

If we go the route of OO in the auction title to opt out of the competition this would impact more than one of the current rules. In fact, I think it just may make all the rules in "Part two: Rules for the competition" obsolete.

Not necessarily a bad thing, just want to make sure we understand the ramifications or our actions.

I don't think it would make the rest of the rules obsolete I think most of them are there to keep the competition fair for those that want to take part. It just means rule 7 can be changed or scraped.

I don't think it would make the rest of the rules obsolete I think most of them are there to keep the competition fair for those that want to take part. It just means rule 7 can be changed or scraped.
    I think I see what you mean, though I'm trying to work through the logistics in my head.

If the purpose of adding OO to the end of a listing title is:

1. to "opt out" of competition
    and
    2. to avoid having to open a listing to see if they wish to enter competition

but we leave all other competition rules in place, have we not added a step rather than reduced the number of steps?

The body of the listings would still need to be reviewed for starting price, reserve, BuyNow, etc.

Just thinking out loud. Not expressing a choice one way or the other.

I think I see what you mean, though I'm trying to work through the logistics in my head.

If the purpose of adding OO to the end of a listing title is:

1. to "opt out" of competition
    and
    2. to avoid having to open a listing to see if they wish to enter competition

but we leave all other competition rules in place, have we not added a step rather than reduced the number of steps?

The body of the listings would still need to be reviewed for starting price, reserve, BuyNow, etc.

Just thinking out loud. Not expressing a choice one way or the other.
    No I think adding OO just makes life easier for you to spot a potential winner and you can rule out everybody else with OO in the title. If the winner has somehow broken one of the existing rules ,which is probably unlikely, then you can just explain and move on to the next person that doesn't have OO in the title.

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

OO sounds fair and a good idea to me. I'll vote for it.

In A Butterfly House, Essex, United Kingdom
    View emmily121's Feedback (+310)
    All-About emmily121
    View emmily121's Listings
    Forum Posts

I can see the benefit for Hurry if there's something in the title that shows whether a YDC seller is opting in or opting out of the competition part, but am undecided as to whether the onus should be on opting in or opting out

Another option would be maybe a * after the YDC# in the title for those who want to opt in.

Happy to go along with what ever is decided, just offering another option.

Honest, reliable seller looking for honest, reliable buyers.

Emmily's Pin Badges
    New and used pin badges

NAWT Charity Store
    Take a minute to take a look

End of the Rainbow
    Will you find treasure at the end of the rainbow.
    Cuddly puppies and kittens now available.

YDC Charity Auctions

No I think adding OO just makes life easier for you to spot a potential winner and you can rule out everybody else with OO in the title. If the winner has somehow broken one of the existing rules ,which is probably unlikely, then you can just explain and move on to the next person that doesn't have OO in the title.
    Ahh ... I think I see now. You are saying that we add OO in the title as a suggestion or recommendation for those that want to opt out. Do I have that right?

Quote Originally Posted by suesjools View Post
    OO sounds fair and a good idea to me. I'll vote for it.

Don't think we are to the voting stage yet. But on that note, if we are just adding a suggestion or recommendation do we need a vote?

Quote Originally Posted by emmily121 View Post
    I can see the benefit for Hurry if there's something in the title that shows whether a YDC seller is opting in or opting out of the competition part, but am undecided as to whether the onus should be on opting in or opting out

Another option would be maybe a * after the YDC# in the title for those who want to opt in.

Happy to go along with what ever is decided, just offering another option.
    Guess it could go either way. Not sure having something after the YDC# would be as helpful as having something at the end of the title. Everyone seems to put YDC# in a different spot in their titles.

Thread Information