Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does having a store give you more visability

Default Does having a store give you more visability

I have a seller+ account on here for just over a month now but only listed about 10 items for most of that time. So far I have had no sales here and I can not understand it.

The amount of views to my listings is quite low compared to that other well known auction site. As that other site is a pain in the neck I would like to get most of my sales through this site. So I was wondering what I am doing wrong. Also would I get more visability if I opened a shop.

If anyone could look over my listings and give me any pointers I would be greatful.

Forum Lurker
    View JDStamps's Feedback (+14452)
    All-About JDStamps
    View JDStamps's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Does having a store give you more visability

Hi I would fill in some details on your 'About Me' page, this instils a bit of confidence in buyers. Use the Social Media buttons to advertise your items. Make your items a little cheaper on here - you have a lot less FVF to pay! Also if you are selling on other sites you are effectively competing with yourself, eBid is growing but not at the levels of Amazon, Feebay just yet. You need to take a more active role in actually promoting and selling your goods here, so use the 'Plug your Auctions' thread to advertise to fellow eBidders. Hope that helps

All the best
    John

Thanks for the prompt reply and advice. My items are a bit cheaper on here. I will follow your advice regarding the about me page, and will have a look at the plug your auctions thread. Still getting use to this site, so not sure where to find everything yet.

Regards
    John.

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Posted this to another thread, but it might be helpful here as well.

Some suggestions, if you haven't already tried them:

1) Add a signature link to your posts, so members can click to view your listings.
    2) List as many items as you can; it's free to list and relist and the more items you list, the more potential sales.
    3) Use 7-10 day listings with auto repost to ensure your items move up searches.
    4) Let former customers from other sites know you're selling here.
    5) Use social networking (Twitter, Facebook, personal blog) to promote your listings.
    6) Use Plug Your Auctions on the forum (1x per 24 hours - delete old plug before adding new one) to promote your listings.
    7) Offer international shipping whenever possible to widen your potential customer base.
    8) If seller+ use your 5 free stores to organize your listings to make it easier for buyers to find your items.
    9) Use MaO or offer combined/free shipping or other incentives, if it’s your thing, to encourage buyers to purchase from you.
    10) Tell everyone you know and meet about eBid.
    11) Buy a few inexpensive items to increase your feedback and support the site.
    12) Get involved in eBid activities, as the monthly YDC charity auctions, if you're so inclined; it's a great way to raise monies for good causes and it helps raise your profile in the eBid community.
    13) Check out the Help videos and read Astral's FAQs page, lots of good info. in both places.

http://www.mootango.webspace.virginmedia.com/ebidkb.htm

Oh and have fun.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

Done the about me page now. Hopefully it will instill a bit of confidence in potential buyers. I will try and get on to setting up a store soon if you think it will improve visability.

Regards
    John

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Electrotec View Post
    Done the about me page now. Hopefully it will instill a bit of confidence in potential buyers. I will try and get on to setting up a store soon if you think it will improve visability.

Regards
    John
    Hi John
    You are a seller+ so take advantage of all the bells and whistles offered to you, which includes up to 5 free stores.

Having a store will keep your items nice and neatly stored in one area (with your choice wording of categories) so when a customer comes by, they will immediately see what you have available.

Not having a store places your items all over the ebid search list, so, when a customer spots one of your items, they won't see all the other goodies you have.

Having a store may give you more exposure as browsers are more likely to remember a store name. But in the end, the more you list the more exposure you get.

Hope this helps
    x

Thanks suesjools, I have done some of the things on the list. I can't understand the reason to use five stores if you sell one type of product, in this case security related products. If you sold five different types of products such as coins, musical instruments, alarm systems, TV's and oil paintings it would make sense to have a shop for each. So unless I am missing something important I am guessing one store should be enough for me.

As far as free shipping goes I have tried that, but as you have to include the cost of shipping in the total price it makes your products look more expensive.

When you say combined shipping,are you referring to when someone buys more than one item from a listing. If so that is sorted, but if someone buys items from different listings of mine, I'm not sure if the postage will be automatically combined. I can not see how to set this up, there does not seem to be a shopping basket in ebid. Unless that is something you get with a store.

Also when you say add a signature link do you mean http://uk.ebid.net/items/Electrotec a link to the items I currently have for sale, or do you mean to a store. Is there a way to add a signature so I don't have to keep copying and pasting it to my posts.

View sidthelamp's Feedback (+541)
    All-About sidthelamp
    View sidthelamp's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Electrotec View Post
    Thanks suesjools, I have done some of the things on the list. I can't understand the reason to use five stores if you sell one type of product, in this case security related products. If you sold five different types of products such as coins, musical instruments, alarm systems, TV's and oil paintings it would make sense to have a shop for each. So unless I am missing something important I am guessing one store should be enough for me.

As far as free shipping goes I have tried that, but as you have to include the cost of shipping in the total price it makes your products look more expensive.

When you say combined shipping,are you referring to when someone buys more than one item from a listing. If so that is sorted, but if someone buys items from different listings of mine, I'm not sure if the postage will be automatically combined. I can not see how to set this up, there does not seem to be a shopping basket in ebid. Unless that is something you get with a store.

Also when you say add a signature link do you mean http://uk.ebid.net/items/Electrotec a link to the items I currently have for sale, or do you mean to a store. Is there a way to add a signature so I don't have to keep copying and pasting it to my posts.
    i cant see any point or advantage you would have by opening another store you have already explained this to your self

to add the sig link to each post you make go to the top of this page click settings, the page you land on look in the left hand column for sig link edit.

you can send a combined invoice for multiple items bought were you can adjust shipping, tohelp to give you time after a buyer does this , state on your listings , " please dont pay for multiple purchases till i send a combined invoice, which will be available for you to send /edit in your drop down ASL OPTIONS on the sale page of one of the items
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/under pressure

MY ATTITUDE IS A RESULT OF YOUR ACTIONS!!!
    IF YOU DONT LIKE IT BLAME YOURSELF.

View sidthelamp's Feedback (+541)
    All-About sidthelamp
    View sidthelamp's Listings
    Forum Posts

use this link to familiarise yourself with the workings on the site
    http://uk.ebid.net/help_main.php
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/under pressure

MY ATTITUDE IS A RESULT OF YOUR ACTIONS!!!
    IF YOU DONT LIKE IT BLAME YOURSELF.

Thanks for all the great advice everyone. I have opened a store now but it will take some time to list everything. I will try some of your suggestions which will hopefully start to generate sales in the near future.

Click here to join ebid.
    http://uk.ebid.net/buddy/1551551

Thread Information