My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: eBay sync

Default eBay sync

I list on both eBay and eBid and it is so much work keeping the sites syncronised. eBay has an API which can be utilised for this purpose.

I will need to rationalise to one site only if there's no auto sync likely. Unfortunately you can guess which site will win out

Rod.

Default Re: eBay sync

Have you read the most recent eBid newsletter?

Looks like an eBid API is just around the corner.

Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    View bluebedouin's Feedback (+107)
    All-About bluebedouin
    View bluebedouin's Listings
    Forum Posts

I think the first thing he needs to read are the rules regarding ecommerce links.

Quote Originally Posted by bluebedouin View Post
    I think the first thing he needs to read are the rules regarding ecommerce links.
    Don't understand this off topic remark, what links?

Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    View bluebedouin's Feedback (+107)
    All-About bluebedouin
    View bluebedouin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by koalastamps View Post
    Don't understand this off topic remark, what links?
    The one you had in your signature.

Quote Originally Posted by bluebedouin View Post
    The one you had in your signature.
    Will you please go away, stop hijacking my thread, and playing policeman. Leave it to admins please.

Hi, thanks for your post.. I do read the newsletter and it refers to the eBid API being available primarily for developers, which I'm not.

I'm suggesting that eBid could be further developed to utilise eBay's API to sync eBay listings to eBid, nothing else.

Rod.

View madelaine's Feedback (+5873)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by koalastamps View Post
    Will you please go away, stop hijacking my thread, and playing policeman. Leave it to admins please.
    Not a great attitude to someone who was saving you from sanction.

Blue was giving you the opportunity to change your signature (which you have done) without the admins being involved.

Typically, such things happen here and are regarded as friendly gestures.

Are you not being a bit precious about your thread? Or do I have to start a fresh one to tell you that you are being precious?
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

Well for one thing, we are currently working on some software to do exactly what the O.P. is talking about - using ebid api (and other market place APIs) to synchronize inventory offerings across all sales channels... as well as manage packing lists,invoicing,bookkeeping,sales taxes, etc

- however, with an attitude like the one displayed in post #6 , I'm not sure as we'd offer an invitation to "test drive" our software to work the kinks out..
    I agree with Madelaine - someone steps in just to save you from being moderated (or worse), and yet... I believe one cliche that might be used to describe that is "biting the hand that feeds you"..

It is definitely a good idea to read and study the rules and policies of the site you plan to sell on.. Ive seen SO many sellers on other sites (river,feebay,etc.) that scream and cry when they get suspended or banned.. and then it finally comes out they simply did not bother to play by the rules (didn't bother to read them)
    Over the years, I have found that almost every person I have ever spoken with that had bad things to say about one or the other site (including those with initials like "A" , "PP" "EB" ,etc) it eventually came out when I could get them to be honest about it, that they had in some way violated one of the rules or policies spelled out in the very agreement that was signed and agreed to upon sign-up to the site..

So... I would have to say that Blue was offering some very significant and friendly advice, thought it might have been worded a little better, and more completely... But.. again it is excellent advice in any event..
    Many changes yet again, started a new venture, and you can watch my store grow here: Really Rural Woodworks

Thread Information