eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: ebid parcel tape shambles

View purplestevie's Feedback (+8205)
    All-About purplestevie
    View purplestevie's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default ebid parcel tape shambles

Sellers attaching ebid tape to their packets and parcels is working i have introduced many new buyers to ebid by using this tape.

What is the point of loads of sellers bidding on this tape when only 1 or 2 sellers actually win all of these auctions???

Everyone of those sellers who have bid on the tape should get 1 - 2 rolls each via buddy points or cash and no more. what is the point of 1 seller bidding on ALL that is available?

I can only assume your stock is limited because of production costs, would stickers be cheaper to produce?

Some of the sellers choice awards comments say it all - no advertising, no traffic so come on let as many sellers as you can get at least 1 roll of tape because this method of advertising actually works

Default Re: ebid parcel tape shambles

Just because people post comments to this Forum does not mean to say that the comments are correct.

The biggest incorrect comment is that eBid do not advertise. EBid does advertise. It advertises by way of banner ads on other websites and it pays for Google Shopping.

Laurencekirk, Aberdeenshire, United Kingdom
    View Maelbrigda's Feedback (+2605)
    All-About Maelbrigda
    View Maelbrigda's Listings
    Forum Posts

perhaps if they ran 6 separate auctions?

I looked into having tape made and for 100 rolls it worked out at £4 a roll including the delivery. Maybe if ebid would allow a group of sellers could get together and order some?
    Simply Handmade all my handmade items
    Maelbrigda's Bits and Pieces For Clothing and Jewellery, Ornaments, Odds & Ends & Much More
    Craft Store Crafty bits & pieces. Patterns, Card, Yarn, Stamps and more
    Books, Blu Rays, DVD's, CD's and Vinyl Records
    https://www.ebid.net/uk/stores/The-Pagan-Tree

Please have a look. I combine postage wherever possible.

Mark or Gazza did say, not so long ago, that they were waiting for some more stocks to come and they would then put some on for cash as well as buddy points.

well you can bet your life newbies wont want it as i have sat here, watched them join ( not seller + lifetime) fill in the social networkings, get 80 points free bid, win and I expect then do a runner never to be seen again, so you should be okay with the tape as they won't need it. And before any one asks not I am not in a good mood.

Laurencekirk, Aberdeenshire, United Kingdom
    View Maelbrigda's Feedback (+2605)
    All-About Maelbrigda
    View Maelbrigda's Listings
    Forum Posts

There are some on for cash just now. I think that is what the OP was talking about.
    Quote Originally Posted by zaranvalesasterix View Post
    Mark or Gazza did say, not so long ago, that they were waiting for some more stocks to come and they would then put some on for cash as well as buddy points.
    Simply Handmade all my handmade items
    Maelbrigda's Bits and Pieces For Clothing and Jewellery, Ornaments, Odds & Ends & Much More
    Craft Store Crafty bits & pieces. Patterns, Card, Yarn, Stamps and more
    Books, Blu Rays, DVD's, CD's and Vinyl Records
    https://www.ebid.net/uk/stores/The-Pagan-Tree

Please have a look. I combine postage wherever possible.

Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    View bluebedouin's Feedback (+107)
    All-About bluebedouin
    View bluebedouin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zaranvalesasterix View Post
    Which they have done.Unfortunately the cash one is a 10 day auction & the buddy point one is a 30 day auction!
    It has been mentioned many times that these items are needed now so a buy now price was paramount.

Quote Originally Posted by Maelbrigda View Post
    There are some on for cash just now. I think that is what the OP was talking about.
    Ah yes, I can see them now, I should have looked at buddy point sales and not money sales !!

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Sold at cost, with maybe even free postage, this must be cost effective advertising for eBid. Sellers don't just post out parcels to existing eBid members. It would seem to make sense for eBid to get as much of the stuff out there as is possible; yet they seem to begrudge anyone getting hold of it.

View purplestevie's Feedback (+8205)
    All-About purplestevie
    View purplestevie's Listings
    Forum Posts

How many sellers would like to purchase several rolls now? To be honest im quite happy to pay for the combined p&p and allow others to bid via the buddy points system although there will be a lot of sellers who wont even get a look in because of the qty on offer.

Ive got less than 1/2 roll left when thats gone its back to brown parcel tape, because the more i bid the less likely it is that i will win some.

Like many sellers on here i sell elsewhere and use the tape a lot so if more ebid sellers used the tape surely this is good for ALL of us here at ebid.

Seems totally bonkers for one or 2 sellers to win all the tape. Its customers from rival auctions that we want to entice here and the tape and those round labels will definitely help All of us.

Thread Information