Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Stores not appearing in catergory listings outside of your home site

View HDLuckyLady's Feedback (+392)
    All-About HDLuckyLady
    View HDLuckyLady's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Stores not appearing in catergory listings outside of your home site

I have confirmed this with support and am here to ask that this be implemented.

If you browse through categories, you only see store listings for the country in which you reside. For those of us that sell internationally, I am of the opinion that our stores should show in the categories for ALL sites to which we ship.

Please address this - this will make our reach to our international customers more fluid.

Thank you.
    Love jewelry? Love motorcycles? Me too! Check out http://harley-biker-shop.ebid.net/

Keep the rubber side down!

Thornton Cleveleys, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View cheaver's Feedback (+1050)
    All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Stores not appearing in catergory listings outside of your home site

Quote Originally Posted by HDLuckyLady View Post
    I have confirmed this with support and am here to ask that this be implemented.

If you browse through categories, you only see store listings for the country in which you reside. For those of us that sell internationally, I am of the opinion that our stores should show in the categories for ALL sites to which we ship.

Please address this - this will make our reach to our international customers more fluid.

Thank you.
    I would certainly like to see my Stores listed Internationally too, just like my items are seen internationally in every Country I ship to.
    If overseas potential Buyers search via the current search lists my Stores won't be seen.
    Overnight I sold a Brooch to a US Buyer. If she looks in the eBid Store list available to her she won't find me again.
    I'm intrigued to know of what value the Store search lists are then? If they have a domicile value then surely they must have an international one too?
    Also, if I want to look for a particular type of Store on eBid - eg Charity Stores (which my own are) - then I want to see ALL eBid's Charity Stores not just the ones in my own Country.

Edit: My overnight Buyer might not remember my user or Store name but she might remember Charity category.... to expect her to remember the Country and alter the URL to UK is asking a bit too much I think.
    And for Newbies who are not yet familiar with the site & wanting (hopefully!) to return to me... then finding me via the ASL could be stretching it way too far!

Last edited by cheaver; 12th January 2015 at 01:44 PM.

Default Re: Stores not appearing in catergory listings outside of your home site

See thread: http://www.ebid.net/forums/showthrea...%28optional%29

I don't believe it would be any good for sellers and certainly not for eBid.

It wouldn't be beyond the realms of possibility, particularly with Jewellery, that a lot of sellers from China appear. So the US store list would have a front page entirely of Chinese stores instead of US stores.

At the moment your store appears on page 4 of the US stores jewellery list, if the changes you seek were to be implemented your store would probably sink to page 9 or lower. Which effectively would mean you would have no exposure even on your own country store list.

Thornton Cleveleys, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View cheaver's Feedback (+1050)
    All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by deanosaur1972 View Post

It wouldn't be beyond the realms of possibility, particularly with Jewellery, that a lot of sellers from China appear. So the US store list would have a front page entirely of Chinese stores instead of US stores.

At the moment your store appears on page 4 of the US stores jewellery list, if the changes you seek were to be implemented your store would probably sink to page 9 or lower. Which effectively would mean you would have no exposure even on your own country store list.
    I think you make some hugely valid points there and perhaps your suggestion of this facility available for Buyers only would be great & serve to do the job:

http://www.ebid.net/forums/showthrea...=1#post1631942

View HDLuckyLady's Feedback (+392)
    All-About HDLuckyLady
    View HDLuckyLady's Listings
    Forum Posts

I see your point - thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by deanosaur1972 View Post

Love jewelry? Love motorcycles? Me too! Check out http://harley-biker-shop.ebid.net/

Keep the rubber side down!

View bunsock's Feedback (+14461)
    All-About bunsock
    View bunsock's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thread Information