Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Underhand Tactics

View sidthelamp's Feedback (+541)
    All-About sidthelamp
    View sidthelamp's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Underhand Tactics

Quote Originally Posted by kreativebargains View Post
    This will be my last post on the subject as my head is beginning to hurt banging it against a wall and the feeling of deja-vu is creeping up on me. So just for you, and anyone else who is interested here is how you add another address:

How to Add a Different Shipping Address to My PayPal Account
    by Gabriele Sturmer, Demand Media
    PayPal lets you pay for online purchases, and many online merchants support the service. When you pay for an order, PayPal asks for the shipping address where you want the merchant to send your order. Although your home address is the default, you can add alternative addresses for yourself or for gifts sent to other people. PayPal also lets you associate credit cards with your own alternative shipping addresses.

Step 1
    Log in to your PayPal account. Place your mouse's cursor over the "Profile" menu, then click "Add or Edit Street Address" on the list of options. This displays a list of your current shipping addresses.

Step 2
    Click the "Add Address" button at the bottom of the list of addresses. Click "Add My Address" to add an alternative address of your own or "Add a Gift Address" to add another person's shipping address.

Step 3
    Type the street address, city and zip code in the proper boxes, then select the state from the drop-down list. If you created an alternative address for yourself, click the box next to any credit card you wish to associate with the address under "Associated Credit Cards."

Step 4
    Click "Save" to finish adding the shipping address.

I had an eBay seller/buyer who bought 4 sets of tooth brush heads from me over the course of a week or so, each one had a different shipping address and recipient name on the Paypal Transaction page, and as I have said, several times, that the goods are covered under the seller protection so long as they are sent to the address stated on that page.

youd best try going to the uk site not the usa site different rules it does not say anything about zip codes on the uk site rules

even on the usa site it says gift address thats it explicitly says on the uk PP site seller protection does not extend to gift addresses

Post the item to the shipping address on the “Transaction Details” page. If the item is delivered in person or if the Payment Recipient posts the item to a different address (for example, if the buyer asks that you send to another address on the basis that it is a “work address” or a “gift” address) then you will not be eligible for re-imbursement under the terms of the programme.

do you get it you are not covered if you send to a gift address do you understand a gift address is not a buyers confirmed address, if they make a claim for non delivery you cant prove you sent and had delivered to the buyers confirmed address that why they say above the gift address is not covered under the terms of the reimbustment programme
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/under pressure

MY ATTITUDE IS A RESULT OF YOUR ACTIONS!!!
    IF YOU DONT LIKE IT BLAME YOURSELF.

Quote Originally Posted by BigKidsAttic View Post
    Cheers for the info Deanosaur1972, especially about the "bay" sale,
    I know there was an opportunity to "pinch" the intended recipient, but my point is that it looks like they sold the item and quite possibly didn't have it in their possession to sell in the first place.

As for the word "comic", if I googled that I would get rather a lot of items showing up, not necessarily for sale. Therefore unless the item has the word comic in it i'll use other key words, such as artists name or characters appearing in that issue, as I think if someone is looking for a comic then they are most likely looking for a specific title etc...
    But that's just my way of thinking, and I'm not saying your is wrong.

Now only another 22,000 comics still to list, and that's only the American ones. Eventually i'll get round to the British ones like Eagle, Lion, 2000AD, and so forth.
    Jason

Well they did have the comic at some point, either sold previously at a third site (neither the bay or eBid and then relisted by mistake on the bay) or lost the thing.

--------

If a buyer comes to eBid via your listing or another seller - let's say for example they are a big Marvel Comic collector and they want to see what eBid has to offer them........

So they do the search Marvel Comics. How many of your 767 Marvel Comics will be shown to them? The answer is 0.

It is absolutely essential that you have more of your listings with comic in the title. The comic market on eBid is very active, you have a great selection to offer and with your presence the comic market is likely to expand even more. But at the moment you will be missing out on a lot of sales.

Quote Originally Posted by sidthelamp View Post
    youd best try going to the uk site not the usa site different rules it does not say anything about zip codes on the uk site rules

even on the usa site it says gift address thats it explicitly says on the uk PP site seller protection does not extend to gift addresses

Post the item to the shipping address on the “Transaction Details” page. If the item is delivered in person or if the Payment Recipient posts the item to a different address (for example, if the buyer asks that you send to another address on the basis that it is a “work address” or a “gift” address) then you will not be eligible for re-imbursement under the terms of the programme.

do you get it you are not covered if you send to a gift address do you understand a gift address is not a buyers confirmed address, if they make a claim for non delivery you cant prove you sent and had delivered to the buyers confirmed address that why they say above the gift address is not covered under the terms of the reimbustment programme
    Please refer to my previous posts. If it is the transaction address you are covered. (My head hurts!)

All-About sidthelamp
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kreativebargains View Post
    Please refer to my previous posts. If it is the transaction address you are covered. (My head hurts!)
    im not surprised you dont seem to understand the transaction address has to be the buyers confirmed address not a gift address which is not covered by seller protection

of course as you seem to be using PP forums to get your information what there not telling you is any address the buyer enters on there feebay account can be used to be sent too but that does not apply here it has to be a buyers confirmed address off feebay that the seller has to send too,

Quote Originally Posted by sidthelamp View Post
    you cant change your reg address to one you want to have post sent too, as its not a registered its not confirmed your bank details are not linked to it i told you in a previous post doing that would be trying to obtain goods by deceit

buyers can not just change there address every time they want a item delivered some were else
    Sid, I spend a lot of my time at a different address and sometimes make purchases to be delivered there. I have added that address to Paypal and without doing anything else, other then adding the address, it comes up as a "confirmed" delivery address, so my seller would enjoy seller protection (for what it's worth!).

As far as the OP's opening post is concerned. One of my best buyers here, buys from me to re-sell "over there". They purchase first though and wait until the items are in their possession before listing them there. Generally they go for 1.5 to 2 times what I asked for them, but that is perfectly fine with me. I made my profit on those sales and good luck to them to make their profit on the same items.

However, I would feel totally cheesed off, if someone was selling my items elsewhere and only purchase them from me AFTER they had a buyer for them and if I was aware of that happening, I might well cancel the sale.

All-About sidthelamp
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mainlypostcards View Post
    Sid, I spend a lot of my time at a different address and sometimes make purchases to be delivered there. I have added that address to Paypal and without doing anything else, other then adding the address, it comes up as a "confirmed" delivery address, so my seller would enjoy seller protection (for what it's worth!).

As far as the OP's opening post is concerned. One of my best buyers here, buys from me to re-sell "over there". They purchase first though and wait until the items are in their possession before listing them there. Generally they go for 1.5 to 2 times what I asked for them, but that is perfectly fine with me. I made my profit on those sales and good luck to them to make their profit on the same items.

However, I would feel totally cheesed off, if someone was selling my items elsewhere and only purchase them from me AFTER they had a buyer for them and if I was aware of that happening, I might well cancel the sale.

for a PP address to be confirmed your bank details would need to be confirmed at that address ?

Quote Originally Posted by deanosaur1972 View Post
    Jason

Well they did have the comic at some point, either sold previously at a third site (neither the bay or eBid and then relisted by mistake on the bay) or lost the thing.

--------

If a buyer comes to eBid via your listing or another seller - let's say for example they are a big Marvel Comic collector and they want to see what eBid has to offer them........

So they do the search Marvel Comics. How many of your 767 Marvel Comics will be shown to them? The answer is 0.

It is absolutely essential that you have more of your listings with comic in the title. The comic market on eBid is very active, you have a great selection to offer and with your presence the comic market is likely to expand even more. But at the moment you will be missing out on a lot of sales.
    I see what you mean as I've just searched on here using Marvel Comics and found a few, might have to rethink my key words even though you can use the tabs section to go to "Books/Comics" then "Comics" then "US" then "Time period e.g. Golden Age", and finally to "Distributer (Marvel etc..)"
    And while that's a more convoluted way to get to a specific distributer it narrows down to specifics rather than searching for the Distributer, which brings up thousands over all time periods.
    Anyway, it's given me something to think about, so I thank you.

All-About sidthelamp
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BigKidsAttic View Post
    I see what you mean as I've just searched on here using Marvel Comics and found a few, might have to rethink my key words even though you can use the tabs section to go to "Books/Comics" then "Comics" then "US" then "Time period e.g. Golden Age", and finally to "Distributer (Marvel etc..)"
    And while that's a more convoluted way to get to a specific distributer it narrows down to specifics rather than searching for the Distributer, which brings up thousands over all time periods.
    Anyway, it's given me something to think about, so I thank you.
    id just add my own analogy with regards to key words i agree totally with deanosaur as to the importance of key words

if i was to list a AL620 lamp for example, i would not dream of listing it without the manufactures name Tilley in the title and the word lamp, even though the words al620 are very important only those in the know would understand what al620 meant , so adding tilley and lamp would greatly broaden the search results for me to attract viewers ,

View 20sent06's Feedback (+11873)
    All-About 20sent06
    View 20sent06's Listings
    Forum Posts

It's a sale which should be honoured and the customer's wishes respected... simple!

Quote Originally Posted by 20sent06 View Post
    It's a sale which should be honoured and the customer's wishes respected... simple!
    Because I believe you should own an item before actually listing it to be sold. Not to mention as has been pointed out, i'm not covered by PayPal's Seller Protection for sending to a different address than the one on PayPal.

Thread Information