eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Underhand Tactics

Default Re: Underhand Tactics

Hi all, Thank you for your opinions.

Yes I thought about the inclusion of my business in sending the item.
    But my big concern that seems to have been missed is that they supplied the address for it to be sent to (not a relative unless by marriage) as soon as they paid for the item which was just after using the "Buy-it-Now".
    So my point is for them to have someone lined up for it to be sent to, then they must have had it listed somewhere beforehand. Or as buttons-and-bows says, maybe they wanted it as a replacement for an item lost.
    Which brings me to the next point that if it is to replace an item lost, then why didn't they use the one that they currently have listed on their own listings?
    Lastly, what i'm trying to say is that there is a possibility that one of my listings has been copied to be listed on another site and that this person doesn't actually have the item and is just copying other listings and pricing them higher elsewhere, meaning I do the work and they gain from it.
    Cheers

@ Anniemcc2
    This is along the lines of what i'm thinking, apart from they would have sold it first before buying it from myself.

This has happened to me a few times, suppose it is because I can sell so cheaply at times. I have tracked a few down and they are generally eBay and Amazon sellers who have used me for drop shipping or when they have sold an item they do not have. In December one actually thanked me for saving his skin as eBay frown upon sellers who do not have the items. What I do now when I suspect this has happened is put my business card in with the goods as generally they insist on no invoice, for obvious reasons. In your case you could have pointed a comic collector to your site where you are probably selling at a better price. And as has been said previously, if you list at a price you are obviously happy to sell at that price, I know it can rankle a little that somebody is profiting with very little effort, but that's life.

View sidthelamp's Feedback (+541)
    All-About sidthelamp
    View sidthelamp's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BigKidsAttic View Post
    Hi all,

Yesterday I had an item sell on the Buy-It-Now option, I sell comics, and the buyer requested I send it to an address that wasn't theirs and to a different name.
    Now this buyer also sells comics, so I asked them to explain why the different address, and I gave them 24 hours to respond, which they didn't, so I refunded their payment.

Now my concerns are that this person, who has the exact same comic listed for sale, has possibly advertised the comic he tried to purchase on another auction site (to which they do exist as they use the same name and sell the same items as they do here), sold it, then purchased the one I was selling.

I don't mind someone buying my items and then selling them on if they dicide to, but what gets my goat is if they appear to have sold it before even having purchased it.

Would like your thoughts on this possibly unsavoury pactice.
    Jason

the simple rule here is you are not covered by PP seller protection if you send to a different name and address than the buyers.

i agree its unsavoury practice if your suspicion is correct,

ive had it happen to me too sold a rare item to see it listed on the other side a few weeks later,

the point being here is we want to attract the buyers here, not for feebay sellers to keep supplying feebay buyers,

if this person leaves you bad FB then report it to addmin telling them you were not prepared to send to a unconfirmed name and address (different to the original buyer) and i would personally black ball them.
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/under pressure

MY ATTITUDE IS A RESULT OF YOUR ACTIONS!!!
    IF YOU DONT LIKE IT BLAME YOURSELF.

I agree with sid, if you send an item to a different address than what paypal has on file & the buyer opens an item not received case, you will automatically lose the case.
    The only way I would send an item to a different address is if they paid with a check or money order.

Thanks Sidthelamp and HaleysComics,

I have sent to different addresses in the past, but only when the item was sent Recorded/Signed for.
    Update - the buyer in question has just re-purchased the comic that I cancelled and refunded him for, yet he still has the item listed in his own sales on this site. So this time i've asked him why he needs it when he has the exact same issue for sale.

All-About sidthelamp
    Forum Posts

Thanks Sidthelamp and HaleysComics,

I have sent to different addresses in the past, but only when the item was sent Recorded/Signed for.
    Update - the buyer in question has just re-purchased the comic that I cancelled and refunded him for, yet he still has the item listed in his own sales on this site. So this time i've asked him why he needs it when he has the exact same issue for sale.
    all i can say is i dont like the sound of this buyer, if he cant answer the original question but still insists on buying then i would black ball him, which means hes blocked from buying from you in the future, if you decide you dont want to trade with this person

Hi all,

Yesterday I had an item sell on the Buy-It-Now option, I sell comics, and the buyer requested I send it to an address that wasn't theirs and to a different name.
    Now this buyer also sells comics, so I asked them to explain why the different address, and I gave them 24 hours to respond, which they didn't, so I refunded their payment.

Now my concerns are that this person, who has the exact same comic listed for sale, has possibly advertised the comic he tried to purchase on another auction site (to which they do exist as they use the same name and sell the same items as they do here), sold it, then purchased the one I was selling.

I don't mind someone buying my items and then selling them on if they dicide to, but what gets my goat is if they appear to have sold it before even having purchased it.

Would like your thoughts on this possibly unsavoury pactice.
    Jason

Jason

They sold that Comic on the bay on 6th January. I would guess they don't actually have the item to send as mentioned before, for the following reasons:

The one they have on eBid at the moment is exactly the same one as the one they have already sold on the bay, the picture has the same identical faults - so just bad shop management by them still having the item available here.

There is no money making involved - the Hamster Comic sold on the bay for £3.98 with free postage (that was on a Best Offer price 1p below the original £3.99) - yours comes to a total of £3.75.

I can understand your reasons for not wanting to send to someone completely different, although there was an opportunity to pinch the buyer by enclosing your details along with the item.

You have 1,649 comics for sale (which is fantastic) - but only 53 of them have the keyword comic in the title. Had all of those comics had comic in the title then that ebay sale for the other seller may never have happened, potentially the buyer could have been buying off you here instead. Keywords are vital for your listings to get good exposure, off site and on site.

As I said in my previous post, send it with a card or note in. You could even tell the buyer that the eBay seller did not actually have the item for sale. They will almost certainly take a look at your listing. You will have a sale and possibly a new customer.

As for sending to a different address. If they have stated the shipping address on Paypal as the address you are sending to then you will still be covered.

All-About sidthelamp
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kreativebargains View Post
    As I said in my previous post, send it with a card or note in. You could even tell the buyer that the eBay seller did not actually have the item for sale. They will almost certainly take a look at your listing. You will have a sale and possibly a new customer.

As for sending to a different address. If they have stated the shipping address on Paypal as the address you are sending to then you will still be covered.

your giving wrong information

Post the item to the shipping address on the “Transaction Details” page. If the item is delivered in person or if the Payment Recipient posts the item to a different address (for example, if the buyer asks that you send to another address on the basis that it is a “work address” or a “gift” address) then you will not be eligible for re-imbursement under the terms of the programme.

Thread Information