Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Glitch In Listing Description Box

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Glitch In Listing Description Box

Quote Originally Posted by johnwash1 View Post
    Since the forums are run on a 3rd party product, do they have that level of control?
    Yes, after years of pleading once before they made the required settings in vBulletin to resize images that were too large. Unfortunately, the next time they updated vBulletin the settings were not remade. Seems like we are into another few years of pleading to get them to do a simple fix. Really would be nice if the site appeared to be run a bit more professionally.
    Last edited by astral276; 31st December 2014 at 08:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaBargains View Post
    Hi Cleaver

Yes i have done the above already. I have just tried on Internet Explorer and it comes up fine on there. I have no idea why there is a problem with firefox.
    Since IE is working, try uninstalling firefox & then reinstalling firefox. Sometimes when a browser gets an update it may not take correctly & cause issues.
    Last edited by HaleysComics; 31st December 2014 at 11:52 PM.

Forum Lurker
    Manchester, Greater Manchester, United Kingdom
    View RetailOnline's Feedback (+20)
    All-About RetailOnline
    View RetailOnline's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HaleysComics View Post
    Since IE is working, try uninstalling firefox & then reinstalling firefox. Sometimes when a browser gets an update it may not take correctly & cause issues.
    Tried it and still no look
    CHECK OUT MY MOBILE PHONE ACCESSORIES AT CHEAP PRICES. DON'T MISS OUT ON ANY BARGAINS!!!

STORE LINK BELOW:

http://megabargains.ebid.net

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Have you tried disabling any browser add-ons to see if one of those is interfering with the editor?

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    Yes, after years of pleading once before they made the required settings in vBulletin to resize images that were too large. Unfortunately, the next time they updated vBulletin the settings were not remade. Seems like we are into another few years of pleading to get them to do a simple fix. Really would be nice if the site appeared to be run a bit more professionally.
    Mel and Sherlock, thanks, that's good news that it's possible. Doesn't impress me that vBulletin doesn't respect config files during an update, but I'll focus on the possible.

Running a site like this must be a busy job, easy to overlook things. Have both of you tried contacting support to ask for the setting to be restored?
    Click for bargain auctions!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

View sherlock07's Feedback (+301)
    All-About sherlock07
    View sherlock07's Listings
    Forum Posts

Mel and Sherlock, thanks, that's good news that it's possible. Doesn't impress me that vBulletin doesn't respect config files during an update, but I'll focus on the possible.

Running a site like this must be a busy job, easy to overlook things. Have both of you tried contacting support to ask for the setting to be restored?
    Ok I have contacted support, and I attached a screenshot of the image settings on my vbulletin board, these settings work quite well.

Sherlock's Watches Store ~ Great Watches for the Family
    Sherlock's Bazaar
    ~ General Store

View gazza's Feedback (+2)
    All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MegaBargains View Post
    Hi,

There is a glitch in the listing description box as there is no tool bar where you can make text bold etc.

Is this happening to anyone else?

MegaBargains
    Looks like you are using the WYSIWYG Simple Editor? This should show a single row of buttons in a toolbar at the top of the text area.

If you aren't seeing it then there is something stopping it initialising in your browser.

Looks like you are using Firefox? Can you ensure it is the latest version, clsoe down Firefox completely and then start in safe mode.. (Hold down shift when you click the firefox icon on your computer to start it).

Can you let us know the outcome and also try the WYSIWYG Advanced editor by changing the dropdown menu just above the textarea.

Thx,
    Gazza
    eBid.net
    Free to Bid | Free to List | Free to Enjoy
    GBP and USD Affiliate Program Re-Launched .. Promote eBid and earn
    Got a problem? Record it for us using http://screencast-o-matic.com/

Forum Lurker
    Manchester, Greater Manchester, United Kingdom
    View RetailOnline's Feedback (+20)
    All-About RetailOnline
    View RetailOnline's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gazza View Post
    Looks like you are using the WYSIWYG Simple Editor? This should show a single row of buttons in a toolbar at the top of the text area.

If you aren't seeing it then there is something stopping it initialising in your browser.

Looks like you are using Firefox? Can you ensure it is the latest version, clsoe down Firefox completely and then start in safe mode.. (Hold down shift when you click the firefox icon on your computer to start it).

Can you let us know the outcome and also try the WYSIWYG Advanced editor by changing the dropdown menu just above the textarea.

Thx,
    Gazza
    Thank you Gazza it works in safe mode so there must be something stopping it.

Thank you again for solving this problem.
    CHECK OUT MY MOBILE PHONE ACCESSORIES AT CHEAP PRICES. DON'T MISS OUT ON ANY BARGAINS!!!

STORE LINK BELOW:

http://megabargains.ebid.net

Quote Originally Posted by gazza View Post

Thx,
    Gazza
    Gazza, many thanks for dropping by, but don't you have anything to say about the comments concerning vBulletin configuration?
    Click for bargain auctions!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

View gazza's Feedback (+2)
    All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

Gazza, many thanks for dropping by, but don't you have anything to say about the comments concerning vBulletin configuration?
    Can you give me an example of the problem.

Thx.
    Gazza
    eBid.net
    Free to Bid | Free to List | Free to Enjoy
    GBP and USD Affiliate Program Re-Launched .. Promote eBid and earn
    Got a problem? Record it for us using http://screencast-o-matic.com/

Thread Information