Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: My view on listing on eBid.

View Posbear's Feedback (+43)
    All-About Posbear
    View Posbear's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default My view on listing on eBid.

We know that people will automatically search for items on TOS, that's just how it is, unfortunately.

The best way for us to get sales here is to list efficiently using good keywords in both title and description. That way we can be found in search engines, once we have been found (I am talking about individual sellers) we must make sure that we have good quality photos or scans to enhance the buying experience.

Auction or Buy It Now listing is up to the individual seller to choose depending on the products offered.

It will make little difference if a potential buyer knows much about eBid, it's not eBid that makes the sale it is the seller with a good quality listing.

Once the individual seller has been found by a new buyer then I would hope that they will look elsewhere on the eBid site for things to buy.

eBid provides an evolving platform for us and should be used as efficiently as possible by each seller.

I removed all of my listings before the holiday so that I could work on titles and descriptions that are search engine friendly. I will return to selling as soon as I can provide a substantial amount of quality search engine optimised listings again.

There are many members whose posts I have read and read again to glean as much selling advice as possible, I thank them for their contributions to the forums.

For those that moan about how eBid is compared to eŁay......

THIS IS NOT EŁAY, GET USED TO IT!
    Graham

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it is about learning to dance in the rain.

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: My view on listing on eBid.

I have to agree with you Graham.
    eBid, like any other auction/selling site, is unique, and members have to learn how to use this site to it's full potential. What may work elsewhere may not be ideal on eBid. There is so much valuable information supplied on the forums by willing members who sincerely wish to help others succeed. eBid is not a site to dump listings and sit back and wait for the sales to roll in, it is a platform for us to use and do our own advertising wherever we can, that is why the fees are so low to no fees at all. So, if you are willing to work hard, then the rewards will eventually be great.

View madelaine's Feedback (+5872)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

I so agree! I am fed up to the proverbial back teeth with people arriving on the boards whining. It's cheap here - and you have to work at it in exchange.

I almost didn't open this thread in case it was the usual stuff, until I saw who was posting!

hang on... got to go.... another item to pack....
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

All-About Posbear
    View Posbear's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by madelaine View Post

I almost didn't open this thread in case it was the usual stuff, until I saw who was posting!

hang on... got to go.... another item to pack....
    I am flattered, thank you.

Sorry, did you say you had to go to pack another item?
    Surely you are mistaken, for nothing sells here
    Graham

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it is about learning to dance in the rain.

Quote Originally Posted by Poscar View Post
    I am flattered, thank you.

Then why have I sold 4 things in last two days?

View madelaine's Feedback (+5872)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Poscar View Post

No, nothing sells and nothing has changed in the last 4 years. The whole business model is wrong and I am neither exceeding my targets for this year nor monetizing what remains of my father's stamp business.
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

Graham, I have been really undecided about whether to continue with trying to sell online. My indecision is based on several factors. My stores have been locked up for the past month as I consider it.

I don't think that I'm going to stop listing on eBid completely, but I am going to revamp my listings again in terms of pricing / terms & conditions / shipping costs etc. Many of my listings are going to be deleted.

I wish you well with your selling in the coming year.

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Graham you are 110% spot on as usual, eBid is what we make of it.

Happy holidaze and best wishes for many sales to all,

All-About Posbear
    View Posbear's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thanks Marie and Sue,

I have more time on my hands since closing my real-world shop and wholesale/dropshipping business, I am not buying to sell any more so don't need to spend time looking for new stock, I want to sell what I have left from the shop (pewter gifts and jewellery, beads, findings, scale models, mags, books etc ) and I need to sell thousands of postal related itemsfrom my collection. I need to get the listings right to get them seen by Google, they are not run-of-the-mill items and not everyone collects German postal items, so each single sale will be important. I could not afford to list on eŁay with most of my items being low value, eBid makes it viable.
    I don't want to put a small amount of items in my eBid stores, I want to put a substantial ammount in each to give the buyer more choice and of course better value postage costs for mult-purchases.

I miss having my shop where I could meet the customers face to face and talk to them about what they want, you can't really do that on the net so your listing has to talk for you.
    The men would look at the hobby items whilst the women looked at shiny things, it was a great combo to have in one shop!
    Graham

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Wow, Graham, sounds like your shop was a real blast, the kind of place I'd have visited, though I'm not sure that's much of a recommendation as I'm drawn to smaller off beat places, thrift stores, secondhand bookstores, antique shops and the like, as I only collect vintage, (to paraphrase the late great Jackie O., I don't want just anyone wearing my stuff, LOL)!

Happy holidaze and best wishes for many sales to all,

Thread Information