Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: New ebid user wants to make sure he is doing things correctly

Default Re: New ebid user wants to make sure he is doing things correctly

Another thing, could someone point me in the right direction towards information about this YDC thing, I believe stands for your donation counts? I have heard a lot about it and may want to participate one of these days.

Quote Originally Posted by amcer93 View Post
    Another thing, could someone point me in the right direction towards information about this YDC thing, I believe stands for your donation counts? I have heard a lot about it and may want to participate one of these days.
    Oh, it would truly be my pleasure! YDC, which does stand for Your Donation Counts, is a charity event run by eBid forum members the 24th -28th of the month (except December). It's fun. It's crazy. It raises money for worthy causes. This month the nominated charity is Janet's Trust in an effort to raise funds for a school defibrillator.

Here are a few links for forum threads from last month's YDC that may give you a better picture:

YDC 129 announcement
    YDC 129 pimp
    YDC 129 tally
    YDC 129 winner

Great! Thank you. I'll look into it a bit further.

Well it took a while, but I have managed to add hashtags to all of my listings on Google+. What do you all think?
    https://plus.google.com/u/1/b/110234...71/posts/p/pub
    Hopefully this helps bring sales in. My parents are trying to get me to sell again at evilbay because "I am not selling anything on the other sites".

Looks good to me, but don't know much about how car people search.

Google+ does give you some hints. As you type the hashtags suggestions come up. Try to use the first on the list, because that is the most popular search.

Wishing you much success. And we would love to have you join us for the next YDC.

I did notice the suggestions that Google offered and used as many of them as possible. I made one for every possible search word I could think of. I figure even if it isn't popular, it is still a search word that can bring potential buyers to my items.

Quote Originally Posted by amcer93 View Post
    I did notice the suggestions that Google offered and used as many of them as possible. I made one for every possible search word I could think of. I figure even if it isn't popular, it is still a search word that can bring potential buyers to my items.
    That's a great approach! For more exposure, you can also post your items on eBid seller community and eBay alternatives boards.

I am a member of a few of those pages, I just haven't posted on them at all since my selling has taken a halt being away at school. Over the summer I hope to really work hard at getting stuff listed and sold. College isn't going to pay for itself.

So I am back home from University for the summer. Hope to get lots of things listed now that I have the time, and hopefully soon I can make my first sale.

I closed down my electronics store and moved those items to my toys, collectibles, and more store since that isn't a primary category I sell in and it only had four items in it. I also plan on creating Facebook pages for my stores as well. Hopefully that will help drum up some sales.

Does anyone have a Facebook page to showcase their items? I would like to set pages up for my eBid stores but I would like to have an idea for what they should look like.

Haverfordwest, Pembrokeshire, United Kingdom
    View olivia8143's Feedback (+1394)
    All-About olivia8143
    View olivia8143's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thread Information