Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: 100% NEW Gift Jewelry being donated to Help a Disabled Man in trouble~!

Forum Newbie
    View Ave's Feedback (+1907)
    All-About Ave
    View Ave's Listings
    Forum Posts

Smile 100% NEW Gift Jewelry being donated to Help a Disabled Man in trouble~!

Hi Everybody

Its been ages since I posted in auctions.

I had been absent a long time after my husband died and hadnt been painting so wasnt online selling.

Meanwhile I learned about promoting and advertising so began helping other artists to get known online and developed a network called ArtRave which is flourishing. well until ladygaga started using my term 'artrave' last year and swamping my google with her stuff - lol

I now run :
    -ArtRave.com - a promotional network for advertising and presentation online for newbies
    -ArtRaveSuperCenter - a place to be able to print all sorts of art /photo items to resell at very discounted prices
    and
    -ArtRaveJewelry - my new Ebid store - http://artrave-jewelry.ebid.net where I am selling fine fashion jewelry and hand made jewelry.

I just got started with my new ebid store this month http://artrave-jewelry.ebid.net and its taking me a long time to get everything listed as I have over 2000 pcs to list that are mostly one of a kind items ~ so editing is timely and tedious for sure and just today I figured out the 'my defaults' and put all the similar info in so hoping to make the listings go faster.

My goal this month is to help a 'young disabled guy ' who fell off a truck 3 yrs ago~ broke his back and shoulder and went into seizures from the impact - was life flighted to Hamot Medical Center in Erie Pa - received emergency surgery and was and needs additional surgeries on his shoulder and back~ I know everything about him since he is my youngest son.

He has to pay off a $1400 debt by Dec 15 or go to jail for contempt~!

He was tricked into signing an insurance paper and then gypped by the insurance companies involved and never received any money from them.

He was denied state assistance based as a single individual with no children.

He was denied federal assistance because he requires ongoing medical documentation of treatments that have not been completed because of a - catch 22- they give him equivalent of medicaid for a month or two at a time - so by the time he has appointments for the surgeries to schedule them - he loses coverage and then they are continually postponed~! nto date he has had one additional surgery but requires 3 more~!

So the SS application was turned into an SSI application and it is continually delayed and turned down and needs to be appealed over and over. I never had any idea the system could be so complicated~!

Meanwhile he can not work. He had his license medically suspended due to the seizures but has not been able to see a neurosurgeon since his release from the hospital so he can not get his drivers license back so cant even get a driving job. He needs rods in his back so cant do any lifting.
    He needs reconnective surgery on his left shoulder so mobility is limited there as well so cant get loading jobs.
    I have seen how depressed he has gotten as a result, often saying he'd be better off dead than to live like this.

To make matters worse the way he found out about his license suspension was of course by driving when he felt well enough to drive.
    Despite not knowing it was officially suspended - he was told that unless a neurosurgeon documented that he could drive that he was to pay a hefty fine for driving 1 block from home. He has no income so the fines went for quite a while and was forced into a plea agreement to avoid contempt of court charges for being 12 minutes late for court during an ice storm.They were going to jail him for 6 months for being late and for not paying his unfair fines.

He was able to make one new agreement by accepting a made up plea that the DA offered turning a traffic violation into a misdemeanor that was totally unrelated. He was told if he didnt that he would go to jail before his surgery that was finally scheduled for 3 weeks later so reluctantly signed the papers and went into the court to be then treated as guilty of an unrelated thing he never did not had part of .,
    I asked why he agreed to such reprehensible terms and he said he was tired of waiting for his surgery that his shoulder hurt too much and he couldnt imagine sitting in jail 6 months on contempt charges before getting his surgery so he agreed to whatever they told him to.

Asked why they would do such to him and it relates to a grudge that was held by the DA against his father who had died and the man was just punishing family members. I know this to be true.

So now we sit another year later and if the current fines are not completely paid off by Dec 15, he will be jailed. incredibily what started as a $100 fine grew with court costs to $360 then with facing the contempt jumped to a misdemeanor leading to probation and additional costs topping $1400 and then added on was $50 a month more for probation and though I have made payments on his behalf the costs keeps growing unless the total amount of $1400 is paid off by Dec 15th even though I have made partial payments on his behalf close to $800 since this began.

I contacted lawyers but to get one to fix this all for him they want $5,000 up front which is more than what the courts are demanding so we have been forced to take the path of least expense.

Meanwhile his SS application was turned down again as needing updated medical reports and this time he missed the letter and didnt respond within the 10 days of notice so all the back benefits he would have gotten have been deleted and he would have to start over with a new application after working with the first one for over 3 years.

I have decided that every item i am selling will go directly to this Dec 15th deadline. I have already paid them $160 last week and eveyr cent incoming will be going to the court to free him from this nightmare.
    I have been lowering prices closer to what I paid for them just so they should sell better easier.

So if you are looking for some nice Christmas gifts at great prices - please check out my ebid store and know that anything you buy is going to help a young man who truly needs and deserves help.

I know this for a fact as I have been supporting him these last 3 1/2 yrs and handling his paperwork for him.
    He had to move back home because of falling off a UHaul truck he was unloading for me.

Uhaul paid nothing either even though I bought their added insurance they claim it was only good for damages to their truck~!He fell off the truck while unloading it, shattering his shoulder, breaking his back and receiving a traumatic head injury that caused seizures~!
    Uhaul sent a get well note only.

Nationwide applied his car insurance liability of $5,000 towards the helicopter ride.by doing so they refused to apply my insurance which had medical coverage of $100k stating Pa was 'no-fault' and since they made a payment with his policy before it expired they were legally not obligated by some double stacking issue over accidents to pay anything from my policy which should have covered him. I have since canceled that 28 yr old policy with them for cheating and now have State Farm.

The judge involved retired in February and was replaced by the head of Probation who is now new judge and made a new rule about unpaid fines calling it "Contempt of Probation" although it isnt it empowers them to put anyone behind on fines into jail for 6 months ant them to start probation over again to extend the expenses and fees~! He must have this paid by Dec 15.

Had we known of this new deadline and rule i never would have invested in so much jewelry and instead would have paid off his fine.
    Also last time I had checked his fine earlier this year it was only at $400 and he anticipated receiving SSI by June so put off making payments since his last probation ended last December with the $400 balance. Now due to new rules and added expenses they want $1400 or it will go even higher after Dec 15th and he will also face 6 months in jail at $10 a day added to fine and then $50 a month more to Probation so this debt will only continue to grow if not paid by Dec 15th.

I am desperate to sell to stop this injustice from continuing. I am desperate for buyers to help by buying~! I have the merchandise ready to sell and ship - I need to sell it to pay his fine and costs off so he can have a brighter new year.

Please help or recommend my store to others to do some Christmas shopping at. I am listing more each day til everything is listed.
    http://artrave-jewelry.ebid.net

Thankyou~!
    Ave
    http://www.repatoo.com/public/forsale.php?user=1463274
    Last edited by Ave; 1st December 2014 at 05:52 AM. Reason: CORRECTING REPATOO URL

Thread Information