Quote Originally Posted by cerealmunkee View Post
advertising the dark side?....in all honesty?......does anyone really imagine that a brief banner ad promoting the leading online selling platform is going to be to Ebid's detriment?.....is there anyone currently using Ebid who hasn't already heard of E££Y, AM££ON?....is there really anything to be concerned about?.

Ebid have looked for new ways to bring a little extra revenue to the site, and this is one of those ways....i don't see an issue or a conflict.
just to add a little food for thought to your post, i believe there are many hundreds of thousands of shoppers on line who may of heard of feebay but dont use it, click and go shoppers in particular, feebay history is based around a community e-commerce platform, even though its moving away from this model, its hard to shake off its past, thats why simple click shopping has expanded over the years leaving the previous model behind, there is not the need for buyers to become involved in forums, days and days of reading site rules ect ect, who needs it, thats why in my opinion feebay has succumbed to huge competition from other sites , and is slowly changing its business model to try and catch up, i dont really think in any term ebid is threatened by feebay advertising, the future is competing with different business models from the newer e-commerce platforms, that are increasingly gaining more of a market share from past dinosaurs.

the greatest example of a market adapting to competition i have seen is collectable sellers using a "buy now" instead of auctions which was previously the only format used by collectable sellers on the dinosaurs, the auction was deemed to risky with little hope of attracting bids,

so ebid sellers in particular adapted to buy now listings, changing the market and in doing so offered a different means to buy for collectable buyers,

this is not to say auctions are obsolete far from it, but we have adapted to a changing market