eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ex ebayer, newbie to ebid. Can i transfer feedback from a banned account?

Default Ex ebayer, newbie to ebid. Can i transfer feedback from a banned account?

Hi all,

Really hoping someone can help me. I used to sell on eBay until they banned me unfairly (very long winded, boring story!)

Anyway i have somewhere between 3000-4000 positive feedbacks on eBay. I'm not completely banned, i can buy, but can no longer sell I've read somewhere on here that i can transfer that feedback across to my eBid account if i switch to seller+. I had intended to go to seller+ after a couple of weeks of being on here, i wanted to see how it went, if i liked it etc before committing, unfortunately for me i hadn't read the small print (Only £49.99 if signing up within 24 hrs of joining).

Question is... If i now sign up at £99.99 (reluctantly) will i be able to do the transfer of feedback as my account is banned? Has anyone tried it?

Thanks in advance

Default Re: Ex ebayer, newbie to ebid. Can i transfer feedback from a banned account?

Welcome to eBid fancy functions. The good news is that you don't have to pay the full price, there is a way around it, see Astral's very helpful guide to eBid http://mootango.webspace.virginmedia...idkb.htm#a0065
    Take your time to read his other helpful tips too.

I'm afraid I don't know if you can import your feedback, if your account over there isn't fully functional, as I have never bothered to do it. All my feedback is from eBid and I wanted to start off here with a fresh slate. I just stuck a Repatoo badge on my about me page so if anyone was remotely interested in what I had done over on TOS they could click on that to see my combined feedback.

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Ex ebayer, newbie to ebid. Can i transfer feedback from a banned account?

What Becky said, do check out Astral's page, lots of good info. there.

Re: importing fb, this is from the Help pages:

http://us.ebid.net/help_feedbacks.php#8

Don't have much experience with importing fb myself as I was a buyer on TOS, not a seller, and didn't want to import solely buyer fb.

Oh and welcome to eBid.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

To transfer feedback you first need to tag your other account with an eBid supplied code in a place only you, as the account holder, have access to. The two places that you can do this, that I am aware of, are your eBay profile page and on an active listing. If you no longer have the access to edit either of these, then your best bet it to contact eBid support and ask if there is any other way that they can accept.

View purplestevie's Feedback (+8205)
    All-About purplestevie
    View purplestevie's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fancyfunctions View Post
    Hi all,

Really hoping someone can help me. I used to sell on eBay until they banned me unfairly (very long winded, boring story!)

Anyway i have somewhere between 3000-4000 positive feedbacks on eBay. I'm not completely banned, i can buy, but can no longer sell I've read somewhere on here that i can transfer that feedback across to my eBid account if i switch to seller+. I had intended to go to seller+ after a couple of weeks of being on here, i wanted to see how it went, if i liked it etc before committing, unfortunately for me i hadn't read the small print (Only £49.99 if signing up within 24 hrs of joining).

Question is... If i now sign up at £99.99 (reluctantly) will i be able to do the transfer of feedback as my account is banned? Has anyone tried it?

Thanks in advance
    i got seller+ lifetime for 49.99 after several years ! so i would ask ebid admin if i were you the more sellers and their potential buyers has got to be good for ebid
    Last edited by purplestevie; 9th October 2014 at 08:53 AM.

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

I joined, then signed up for the Seller+ about a year later and paid the whole thing. I didn't know at the time that you could appeal the rules, nor did I know where to find that info....didn't think to ask. So, I'm a bit jealous, but it's still been a good investment. I agree....the more the merrier!
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

Thanks everyone, i'll give it a go, you've all got an awesome amount of feedback (jealous lol).

Another question, is there any way to change settings on here so i get notifications of replies? I got no emails to tell me you'd all replied, i just came on to see if my post was still on here as thought no-one had answered

All-About astral276
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fancyfunctions View Post
    Another question, is there any way to change settings on here so i get notifications of replies? I got no emails to tell me you'd all replied, i just came on to see if my post was still on here as thought no-one had answered
    Go to http://www.ebid.net/forums/profile.php?do=editoptions and select the means of notification from the dropdown under Default Thread Subscription Mode. Scroll to the bottom and click Save Changes.

Forum Newbie
    All-About coffee1976
    View coffee1976's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    I'm not completely banned, i can buy, but can no longer sell
    so I am not the only one that having 100% positive feedback is banned from selling on ebay after few years...this is really so unfair...

All-About astral276
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by coffee1976 View Post
    so I am not the only one that having 100% positive feedback is banned from selling on ebay after few years...this is really so unfair...
    Err.... that quote is not from me. I was never banned in any way from eBay.

Thread Information