eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: eBid always 'also ran' on Google Shopping?

View pastime's Feedback (+197)
    All-About pastime
    View pastime's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default eBid always 'also ran' on Google Shopping?

I saw a Moorcroft vase on the feature section - had a search and found several listings on here. Have a m'c vase in the cupboard, so checked out Google shopping for prices. The first 10 pages didn't show any eBid items, jumped to page 19, then 28 and gave up on page 32 - not the most scientific way to search, but it was all ebay and then a couple of etsy.
    Annoyingly, some listings repeated on the page and on further pages, and I've found this when I've tried to find some of my items when searching, nothing of eBid showing but plenty of repeats for etsy & ebay.
    Is there any way around this? Obviously, eBid isn't able to pay the higher fees that the other two must be paying and Google gains nothing if an items sells on here or TOS.
    Have always used the key words I'd use on TOS, but found when I checked out my Horn bead necklace that it only showed on precisely that search, not when searching for Horn necklace - anyone know if the title read Horn Necklace Bead whether it would have shown on both searches?
    Also, does listing on your own Google+ pages make it more likely for items to show in G Shopping?
    We just don't seem to get the exposure that would allow eBid to become more familiar to searching buyers.

Default Re: eBid always 'also ran' on Google Shopping?

There can be many reasons why a product does not feature highly, or at times not at all. I have items where the title and description are the same apart from size, yet some do not feature and others feature anywhere from high on page one to the last of four pages. The main thing is to ensure you have hit the requirements for that category and the eBid requirements for uploading to Google Shopping. That should get it on there. To get it higher it is a case of good keywords and then I think it is down to views. So the more views you can get the better, that is where Pinterest, Facebook etc can help.

I found this that might help:

https://support.google.com/merchants...94?hl=en-GB#GB

It could be that some of the Moorcroft on eBid does not meet all the requirements.

Quote Originally Posted by pastime View Post
    We just don't seem to get the exposure that would allow eBid to become more familiar to searching buyers.
    I totally agree with this and have moaned about this before. Considering eBid are meant to be a Google partner we don't seem to be getting a very fair deal. This is a copy of an email I sent to support back in August.

Hi eBid,

This problem is still not being solved. I have just done another check on Google Shopping and again my seller name is not showing up on the left column when I search for 'Rye Pottery' despite my items being there.

Nothing is showing up for eBid searching for 'Johnson Brothers'. If I search for 'Johnson Brothers Plate' then some of my plates show up on about page 17 & 18.

I just did a new search for 'Delft Pottery' there were 37 pages of Ebay and Etsy listings and nothing at all for eBid. I looked at the eBid listings for Delft and we have 83 listings in the pottery section so why are none showing when you search for 'Delft Pottery' on Google Shopping ? If you want a couple of item number examples :- 127677429 128350158

It seems that eBid are paying the money but not getting the same exposure as Ebay or Etsy and it's no wonder we are not getting many buyers as nobody can find us !
    I know my listings are being uploaded because if I search for 'Delft Pottery Cow' then my item shows but why are eBid items not showing when you just search 'Delft Pottery' like the Ebay and Etsy listings ?

Kind regards
    Becky (Cornishmaid1961)

Don't know about 'also ran'; I think mine fell at the first fence

I have searched for some of my patterns and those that have sold on TOS are among the first to be listed on Google Shopping. Current ones listed on eBid are not showing. They have exactly the same titles so key words are not an issue here.

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Let's face it. TOS are paying big bucks to be prominently featured on Google Shopping and sellers are paying big bucks fees for the privilege.

I've noticed my new listings always get on the first page. A few days later they slide down several pages, and eBay and other sites get star billing.

An example is the three new listings I put up for "78 records Victor" --- all on the first page. I'm going to check back in a few days.

Forum Diehard
    Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View cerealmunkee's Feedback (+1334)
    All-About cerealmunkee
    View cerealmunkee's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pastime View Post
    I saw a Moorcroft vase on the feature section - had a search and found several listings on here. Have a m'c vase in the cupboard, so checked out Google shopping for prices. The first 10 pages didn't show any eBid items, jumped to page 19, then 28 and gave up on page 32 - not the most scientific way to search, but it was all ebay and then a couple of etsy.
    Annoyingly, some listings repeated on the page and on further pages, and I've found this when I've tried to find some of my items when searching, nothing of eBid showing but plenty of repeats for etsy & ebay.
    Is there any way around this? Obviously, eBid isn't able to pay the higher fees that the other two must be paying and Google gains nothing if an items sells on here or TOS.
    Have always used the key words I'd use on TOS, but found when I checked out my Horn bead necklace that it only showed on precisely that search, not when searching for Horn necklace - anyone know if the title read Horn Necklace Bead whether it would have shown on both searches?
    Also, does listing on your own Google+ pages make it more likely for items to show in G Shopping?
    i know....and its frustrating.

I remember searching on GS for something that I had listed, which was the only one of its kind. There was a comment from GS, I cant remember the exact wording but it was to the effect that they would have preferred not to include this item but had to because they were being paid to!

All-About pastime
    View pastime's Listings
    Forum Posts

Bother - I'd just tried to reply to several posts at once, but all my stuff has disappeared. Then I wondered what the little triangle was and it took me to complain about the thread. Not sure if that's registered as a complaint!
    Will try again and have to reply individually - sorry about that, hope it does make things too tedious.

All-About pastime
    View pastime's Listings
    Forum Posts

Right, I'll try again. I was being too clever by trying to include quotes.

Thanks Kreative, I've looked at the link, bit baffled by some of it, but it may well have a bearing on the problem.

Becky, what an excellent email - did you receive an answer as to why your items not showing?

Zaravalesasterix - extraordinary that a comment was entered. Being the only item does seem to reflect what my searching seems to show: if the search brings up only a few items, then eBid listings appear. If the search is plentiful, with loads of pages, then we don't seem to show, which is really annoying because it often has items appearing several times on the page and ON the following pages - if those listings weren't duplicated then there would be more room for our listings to show.

These duplicate listings are ebay and etsy - presumably, GS only get paid once for any inclusion in searches and again when listings are clicked on? It would be nice to know because it might well be that we'd all be better off concentrating on Pinterest and Twitter

Thread Information