Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Pinterest Realisation

View lakeleilani's Feedback (+434)
    All-About lakeleilani
    View lakeleilani's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Pinterest Realisation

I've only just realised (after over a year of pinning my items on Pinterest) that once a listing you've pinned has expired, the link to it via Pinterest tells you that it is no longer listed/available. This means that every new repost has to be pinned back on Pinterest for the link to remain current. I expect lots of ebidders already know this, but I thought I'd mention it just in case there is anyone else out there who doesn't know.
    http://lake-leilani.ebid.net Fair Trade Clothes and accessories with a boho twist. For men, women and children.
    http://lake-leilani-occasions.ebid.net Handcrafted Cards and Fair Trade Gift Wrap.
    http://lake-leilani-gifts.ebid.net Fair Trade and Handcrafted gifts, incense and homeware.

Forum Lurker
    View titanicmom4's Feedback (+51)
    All-About titanicmom4
    View titanicmom4's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Pinterest Realisation

yes I knew this but thank you for the reminder anyway. And I am sure there are a lot of people out there who do not know this but now they do

Ahhh I never realised that - thanks for the heads up

View purplestevie's Feedback (+8205)
    All-About purplestevie
    View purplestevie's Listings
    Forum Posts

known this for ages, if your item has been sold or archived a potential buyer can delve a little further and locate your store and view your current listings.
    Last edited by purplestevie; 26th September 2014 at 09:49 PM.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Items relisted via auto-repost should still work as the URL doesn't change. It would only be items that have been allowed to close and then reposted that would be an issue.

You can use Bulk Edit to bump the auto-repost count back up to 10 on all your listings if the count gets low and prevent closures.

View purplestevie's Feedback (+8205)
    All-About purplestevie
    View purplestevie's Listings
    Forum Posts

yes relists are a problem but im afraid i dont have the time to update these pins, but i do pin new listings regularly and i do repin old stock when i need to, which can attract potential buyers.
    To me if potential buyers land on the archived page and they are curious like i am they will delve a little further especially if they liked the pin they originally landed on.

View pastime's Feedback (+197)
    All-About pastime
    View pastime's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lakeleilani View Post
    I've only just realised (after over a year of pinning my items on Pinterest) that once a listing you've pinned has expired, the link to it via Pinterest tells you that it is no longer listed/available. This means that every new repost has to be pinned back on Pinterest for the link to remain current. I expect lots of ebidders already know this, but I thought I'd mention it just in case there is anyone else out there who doesn't know.
    Thanks for pointing this out - I had no idea.
    Bit of a nuisance, now I'm going to have to re-think my boards - I usually update occasionally with latest listing items, but now will need constant rotation to keep up-to-date.
    Does anyone know if the boards do result in any sales?

I find it easy to keep to simple system when relisting by having Pinterest tab open next to Ebid page......delete original pic from Pinterest, relist item on ebid, pin new pic (same pic usually!) to board

3 easy steps

Just gotta get into the habit really

Pinterest certainly increases views.....and without views there won't be any sales!

View lakeleilani's Feedback (+434)
    All-About lakeleilani
    View lakeleilani's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    Items relisted via auto-repost should still work as the URL doesn't change. It would only be items that have been allowed to close and then reposted that would be an issue.

You can use Bulk Edit to bump the auto-repost count back up to 10 on all your listings if the count gets low and prevent closures.
    That's a good idea.
    http://lake-leilani.ebid.net Fair Trade Clothes and accessories with a boho twist. For men, women and children.
    http://lake-leilani-occasions.ebid.net Handcrafted Cards and Fair Trade Gift Wrap.
    http://lake-leilani-gifts.ebid.net Fair Trade and Handcrafted gifts, incense and homeware.

Thread Information