Thread: Fed up with ebay lets promote ebid

Forum Saint
    View tonyreddevil's Feedback (+74)
    All-About tonyreddevil
    View tonyreddevil's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Fed up with ebay lets promote ebid

Quote Originally Posted by cerealmunkee View Post
    The main effort that i think you'll maybe need to put into ebid is the different listing approach that's needed....by this i mean, that almost all of my sales are brought to me via Google search and Google shopping and its this search engine that needs keeping happy and the way to do this is to use as many keywords in titles as is feasible and enter the makers name and barcode/part number into the listing form.
    In the case of your yarn this could prove useful as in desperation i would guess many potential buyers especially when searching for discontinued yarn would use makers product numbers and barcodes as a last ditch attempt to trace what they need....assuming you carry any discontinued products, but its well worth considering. You can, of course enter the word "exempt" into the field , but if you have the already mentioned information then its inclusion can make a big difference.
    This is the main effort i'm talking about.....the other bit of effort you'll need to make is to flood Ebid with as many listings as you can put together. What this will achieve is casting the widest net for you to grab the attention of potential buyers. Many sellers report that the more listings they have the more sales seem to come their way.
    After all, if you're committed to making this site work for you then i'm pretty sure that you'll be eager to get as many listings up and running as possible.

Its reasonable to say that E££y are possibly this best sites advertisement in many respects, the harder they make it for those that remain then its possible that they may drift to Ebid. We know that standards have been very high or sellers on the other site, and on this site the standard is only essentially the one that you decide on, but i reckon that it'd be a good idea to set the same high standards for ourselves on Ebid too.

I haven't stopped trading on the other site. I'm not sure if i feel the same way as you, but i agree that the bar has been raised to a level where the average privateer and the small business seller for that matter will struggle to meet the sites growing demands, so Ebid is the ideal place for many to migrate.
    and try and sell

The best way we can all promote ebid in my opinion is to list as many items as possible before advertising the fact. I am currently (maybe a little too slowly) trying to get a few hundred lots on before i try and tempt my buyers over from EB$Y. I did an experiment with a few lots I knew a buyer may be interested in and managed to sell him over £400 worth on ebid recently.So it does work.( and only about £9 in charges)
    I noticed ebid a few years ago, came and had a look and saw nothing I would be tempted with and left again. I would think that most buyers come once have a look and make an instant judgement. If they don't see anything in the category that they need they wont come back in a hurry.
    So I am here to stay and will try and entice my regulars over when i have enough on to show them. I know I should be on facebook as well but as I have not got a mobile phone (and dont want one either) I don't think it will let me join.
    The other thing I do when I sell on eb$y is place a thankyou note in with my sale and tell them that I am also listing on ebid with far more items to choose from.This is not going to be an overnight success but I think it is the best and cheapest alternative we have at the moment, with the rules and regs that the others introduce on what seems an hourly basis.
    So to all those that are not doing great sales at the moment keep listing and the buyers will come eventually.Good Luck !!

sjdcoins

You can join Facebook without a mobile. Just use your PC/laptop.

Quote Originally Posted by kreativebargains View Post
    sjdcoins

You can join Facebook without a mobile. Just use your PC/laptop.
    OK thanks for that I will give it a try.

Forum Newbie
    View desousa's Feedback (+431)
    All-About desousa
    View desousa's Listings
    Forum Posts

[QUOTE=Cheercity2000;1622275]My Personal Campaign to promote Ebid (note I have no shares!) Please shop and talk to me - want to make this website work out and happy to get involved to improve... fed up with ebay they are too big for their boots!

Hello. Don't see many bad comments on ebid, although I am quite new to this website. Really to be honest came here as desperately looking to get away from ebay who both overcharge smaller sellers (meaning I hardly made anything there despite hard work pleasing buyers, following rules etc.) and after one on my several above standard sites dipped below standard due to a couple of very nasty unpleasant buyers (2 out of 690 buyers!) stopped from selling on one site and after fighting with ebay for 4 years I can bareley sell at all! Ebay are dishonest robbers, in my personal opinion who exploit both small and larger sellers only for profit. Protecting buyers is good but they do not reward hard work and otherwise good performance.

My advice, lease ebay as a matter of good conscience and give the ebids community (whish I see is full of people similar to myself in some of these views) give us a chance to sell you some honest fair bargins.

Amen you are 100% correct. I'm also leaving ebay. I also worked very hard and now ebay has screwed it all up. I'm hoping this new door will bring new hope. Good luck Debbie

Forum Newbie
    Tytherleighaxminster, Devon, United Kingdom
    View sumnites's Feedback (+21)
    All-About sumnites
    View sumnites's Listings
    Forum Posts

It would be great to have some News story concerning the issues at The Other Site as in down time, security and meddling in businesses processes with a mention of an exodus to Ebid. Bet a lot of readers will say 'what the heck is Ebid'?

We are the secret escapes of the online auction/buying world.

3rd time trying to sell here, hopefully lucky but the lack of self promotion is a worry. Even Gum is advertised at the top of Ebids site!!

Forum Newbie
    All-About sumnites
    View sumnites's Listings
    Forum Posts

Darn...Gum is now all down the sidebar too!!!!

Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    View bluebedouin's Feedback (+107)
    All-About bluebedouin
    View bluebedouin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sumnites View Post
    ..... the lack of self promotion is a worry....
    Then do lots of it!
    You need to let people know you're here.You also need to give them an incentive to buy from you here & not on greedbay.Offering the same items at the same prices isn't going to do that.

Forum Newbie
    All-About sumnites
    View sumnites's Listings
    Forum Posts

Agreed but a long period with views and no sales. Relisting for a short time elsewhere is not jumping ship but a matter of economics with a free listing. Have already 'liked', added ebid links to website, followed the freead website tip. Will reduce prices here further so they sell here as you suggest

Forum Newbie
    All-About sumnites
    View sumnites's Listings
    Forum Posts

bluebedouin have you not discovered cheaper couriers to dispatch copier paper?

Thread Information