Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Fed up with ebay lets promote ebid

Forum Newbie
    All-About HandmadeElect
    View HandmadeElect's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Fed up with ebay lets promote ebid

Quote Originally Posted by zaranvalesasterix View Post
    I am not sure about Google shopping, it does generate sales but I am not convinced that it is economical. .
    It is not economical and a report published a few months ago mentioned Adword sales in the US and UK have dropped. I think advertisers are starting to realize Google Adwords/Shopping can be quite a money pit with the primary benefit being you get a lot of drive by window shoppers. I have gotten many views yet no sales here but I have sold the same items elsewhere with decent results.

I would think even a modest campaign by Ebid to make their name more familiar to the general public would prove useful. I did an online search for online auctions and Ebid wasn't even near the top of the listing. A little image making would be useful.

A lot of people have been stung with data breeches and a name they have never seen before makes them leery to hit the Buy button.

View rokins_toys's Feedback (+770)
    All-About rokins_toys
    View rokins_toys's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kreativebargains View Post
    While £75 might be a bit steep for an individual buyer it is not that much for eBid, and with 6 million hits in a month is the type of targeted advertising I would like to see eBid undertaking. Maybe it could be done in conjunction with sellers like yourself in some way whereby potential buyers were directed to suitable items but any sellers contributing had their items in a more prominent position.
    Yep, a bit steep for individuals at £75 per month and I agree it is within eBid's ability to do it as well for this type of targeted advertising across multiple sites like this, or maybe, eBid helps me out with it by them paying 25% of it or helping me by paying up to say 40% of it lol. Other sellers could have a similar deal, eBid helps you fund advertising on sites that are associated with what you sell here on eBid. An advertising partnership.

Like bluebedouin said, this is just one site, as you branch out, you face different prices with different sites. Some sites will be the same price or around the same mark give or take £5-£10, others much cheaper and maybe a small handful more expensive.

Sites like that (Jedi News etc.) put a lot of value on their monthly hits and use this to make up their prices for advertising on their sites. But statistics have never impressed me when it comes to views/traffic, collectors visit these sites for the latest news on stuff whether it will be a Star Wars novel or comic due out, or manufacturer releasing something and so on, so their hits per month or year means nothing to me if it is not translating into sales growth for me and just delivers more window shoppers (*coughs* google shopping *coughs*).

That £75 on one site (Jedi News), that is a case of an item to me to stock for sale online (or even 2 cases of an item depending on what the item is and its cost). Do the advertising 4 times per year on that one website (Jedi News), that's a good amount of stock I cannot buy. Catch 22 anyone? I do the advertising, I sacrifice the stock and this will put off the potential customers coming to me from Jedi News because I won't have what they're looking for. If I buy the stock and sacrifice the advertising, then I do not get the potential sales and those collectors on Jedi News go to eBay and Amazon to pay a hiked up price. It is a calculated risk, but it is the type of calculated risk you really need to take because the benefit of the advertising outweighs the negative of not advertising and having the stock and not selling it anyway lol.
    Last edited by rokins_toys; 8th September 2014 at 01:02 AM.
    “Doing business without proper advertising is like winking at a girl in the dark. You know what you are doing but nobody else does and the girl doesn't even know you're winking at her either."

View 2bsexy's Feedback (+3203)
    All-About 2bsexy
    View 2bsexy's Listings
    Forum Posts

Wink Re: Fed up with ebay lets promote ebid

Hi all, I was on ebay, from 60 - 70 sales a day it suddenly dwindled to maybe one sale every other day (if i was lucky) as soon as they messed with the software many of the smaller sellers sellers where instantly affected.
    Do you have any ideas in mind for advertising, I was thinking of a facebook page for ebid sellers to advertise on, the more we get onboard, the more that can share the page and get it seen, its free and easy to start up, up for suggestions and input.
    Joe
    Last edited by 2bsexy; 8th September 2014 at 12:40 AM.

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 2bsexy View Post
    Hi all, I was on ebay, from 60 - 70 sales a day it suddenly dwindled to maybe one sale every other day (if i was lucky) as soon as they messed with the software many of the smaller sellers sellers where instantly affected.
    Do you have any ideas in mind for advertising, I was thinking of a facebook page for ebid sellers to advertise on, the more we get onboard, the more that can share the page and get it seen, its free and easy to start up, up for suggestions and input.
    Joe
    Lots of eBid groups you can join on Facebook:
    https://www.facebook.com/search/more...06136954668909

Go to Google+ and type in eBid in the search bar and you'll find lots of eBid activity.

Quote Originally Posted by rokins_toys View Post
    “Doing business without proper advertising is like winking at a girl in the dark. You know what you are doing but nobody else does and the girl doesn't even know you're winking at her either.".
    Yeah, Well ...
    I don't get any responce from winking at girls in the DAYLIGHT either. So....

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ZonkersCollection View Post
    Yeah, Well ...
    I don't get any responce from winking at girls in the DAYLIGHT either. So....
    I just get arrested.

Up untill last Friday, i had never heard of Ebid.
    But then sombody (maybe sombody here) dropped the name in the feebay sellers forum, just once, and here i am.

Any Ebid buyers reading this, could ya please, discreatly, post some kind words about Ebid on the feebay buyers boards.
    ( i can't, i'm too well known as a disgruntled seller)

Finding dissatisied sellers over there is easy
    Appealing to buyers will be a lot harder.
    Do not be negative about feebay in their buyer topics.
    The buyers who post in the feebay bords, seem to be pretty thuroughly brainwashed that the feebay way is the only way..

Find a post b1tching about us evil sellers, and mention how kind and gentel it is at ebid.
    Or posting about how unfairly they got outbid, and mention how little compititon there is at ebid.

Forum Diehard
    Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View cerealmunkee's Feedback (+1334)
    All-About cerealmunkee
    View cerealmunkee's Listings
    Forum Posts

The job right now isn't to actually appeal to buyers, but rather appeal to sellers to join this site...i mean....whats the good of enticing loads of buyers over here if there's little for them to buy?......Too many sellers have come here to feel disgruntled after only a short while due to them seeing no sales, the job in hand is to encourage more sellers to use this site and then do everything possible to make them feel its worthwhile staying, this currently isn't happening.

The dissatisfied sellers to be found using other sites aren't keen on making any effort to join Ebid because they are waiting for someone else to make this site work.
    Its only natural that the other sites buyers are brainwashed......as after all the campaign of conditioning has been long running, and intensive.....i mean......is it "safe" to buy on other sites?....this is the constant message forced on these sheep.

Quote Originally Posted by cerealmunkee View Post
    The job right now isn't to actually appeal to buyers, but rather appeal to sellers to join this site...i mean....whats the good of enticing loads of buyers over here if there's little for them to buy?......Too many sellers have come here to feel disgruntled after only a short while due to them seeing no sales, the job in hand is to encourage more sellers to use this site and then do everything possible to make them feel its worthwhile staying, this currently isn't happening.

The dissatisfied sellers to be found using other sites aren't keen on making any effort to join Ebid because they are waiting for someone else to make this site work.
    Its only natural that the other sites buyers are brainwashed......as after all the campaign of conditioning has been long running, and intensive.....i mean......is it "safe" to buy on other sites?....this is the constant message forced on these sheep.
    That's the catch 22 though. If eBid attracts sellers without there being more buyers then the sellers will not stick around, but without the choice the buyers won't make eBid the first port of call, so we need both, or sellers who are here for the long term and realise that they have to help to build the site.

View sidthelamp's Feedback (+541)
    All-About sidthelamp
    View sidthelamp's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kreativebargains View Post
    That's the catch 22 though. If eBid attracts sellers without there being more buyers then the sellers will not stick around, but without the choice the buyers won't make eBid the first port of call, so we need both, or sellers who are here for the long term and realise that they have to help to build the site.
    theres no catch 22 we dont want or need sellers who wont stick around,they have no business sense, they do more damage than good, we need sellers who understand a business plan , commitment ,

for those that are advocating advertising ebid it seems to me they have no business sense and have a selfish agenda

have they looked at what actually is on ebid compared with other sites , i really dont think anyone with a ounce of sense would advocate advertising ebid with its current numbers and diversity,

ebid is successful because it advertises its already existing products primarily, so it brings in buyers who are looking for what they see advertised, i can not see any logic in advertising the site for browsers , the chances are they wont find what there looking for , so the net effect of that is potential long term customers lost, it does not matter or is not a question of how much money ebid throw at advertising in a shopping site sense if theres nothing to buy,

advertising the existing products already works not enough for some maybe but thats were i believe ebid could improve .

we need sellers who know what there doing, who can bring in a greater diversity of goods,

we need existing product advertising increased not the site in general, the site would be advertised in a secondary sense with targeted buyer advertising .bring buyers in for whats here, not for whats not here.
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/under pressure

MY ATTITUDE IS A RESULT OF YOUR ACTIONS!!!
    IF YOU DONT LIKE IT BLAME YOURSELF.

Thread Information