Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Fed up with ebay lets promote ebid

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Fed up with ebay lets promote ebid

Quote Originally Posted by jeweleffects View Post
    I have to admit, when I'm searching for something, I don't think about using Google Shopping at all.
    Yet I use it a lot. Not necessarily to purchase, but to get prices and information.

View purplestevie's Feedback (+8205)
    All-About purplestevie
    View purplestevie's Listings
    Forum Posts

i dont look at google shopping either

Me neither.
    Visit my clothes store -here
    Look in my treasure in trove ! here
    For
    soy wax candles, tarts & melts click here
    For trading cards click here
    Visit my Tazo barhere

View rokins_toys's Feedback (+770)
    All-About rokins_toys
    View rokins_toys's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by burgyeb View Post
    In regards to the OP and thread title, I became fed up with eBay years ago, and of late eBid is beggining to look like them. I have no intention of promoting eBid, as they do not seem to look out for the interest of a large segment of their sellers.

I have received two of their infamous emails informing me that they have uploaded my items hundreds of times in the last 30 days but I have sold nothing. It appears that eBid may be employing a tactic to rid itself of responsibility to its Seller+ Lifetime Members. Well they can save their energy, because I expect eBid to honor the membership package they sold. If they are loosing interest in doing that, then they need to stop selling that level of membership.
    Agreed.

I will be advertising Rokin's Toys on Jedi News soon, finally heard back from them, their price is a bit more than I expected for such a site, but at least each month the banner will be up 24/7 and none of this expressions/clicks nonsense that you get elsewhere and I can select which months to run the Rokin's Toys banner as I will not do it all year round. I'll see how it goes and see if sales increase substantially to enable me to increase quantities of items for listing on here, if it does not, then I will sadly need to make some decisions. I want to aim for a good £1,000 per month in sales, I think this is acceptable and reasonable and a good target to aim for and will enable me to do more, invest in other lines etc. and realistically, you'd think after being on eBid for 6 years I should have exceeded this target by now and expanding the lines I stock for online by now, but if the sales are not there online with eBid, then I do not get the revenue to expand online through eBid.

Ironically, eBay and Amazon advertise directly all year round on Jedi News (UK based collector site for Star Wars) and Rebelscum (USA based collector site for Star Wars) and other equally well established Star Wars collector sites, yet eBid do not, so they lose out on revenue that advertising would bring to eBid as people on Star Wars collector sites also collect a number of other toy lines which I am not able to stock online yet. The cost per month on Jedi News is only £75 per month which is cheap or expensive depending on your financial resources lol, for me, it is a bit expensive, but I'll limit advertising on there to 4 months per year to begin with and see what happens. If it does not enable me to expand on eBid despite my efforts to make it happen then I'll just have to start listing the latest new releases elsewhere and just keep my back catalogue of older stock on eBid.
    “Doing business without proper advertising is like winking at a girl in the dark. You know what you are doing but nobody else does and the girl doesn't even know you're winking at her either."

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rokins_toys View Post
    Agreed.

I will be advertising Rokin's Toys on Jedi News soon, finally heard back from them, their price is a bit more than I expected for such a site, but at least each month the banner will be up 24/7 and none of this expressions/clicks nonsense that you get elsewhere and I can select which months to run the Rokin's Toys banner as I will not do it all year round. I'll see how it goes and see if sales increase substantially to enable me to increase quantities of items for listing on here, if it does not, then I will sadly need to make some decisions. I want to aim for a good £1,000 per month in sales, I think this is acceptable and reasonable and a good target to aim for and will enable me to do more, invest in other lines etc. and realistically, you'd think after being on eBid for 6 years I should have exceeded this target by now and expanding the lines I stock for online by now, but if the sales are not there online with eBid, then I do not get the revenue to expand online through eBid.

Ironically, eBay and Amazon advertise directly all year round on Jedi News (UK based collector site for Star Wars) and Rebelscum (USA based collector site for Star Wars) and other equally well established Star Wars collector sites, yet eBid do not, so they lose out on revenue that advertising would bring to eBid as people on Star Wars collector sites also collect a number of other toy lines which I am not able to stock online yet. The cost per month on Jedi News is only £75 per month which is cheap or expensive depending on your financial resources lol, for me, it is a bit expensive, but I'll limit advertising on there to 4 months per year to begin with and see what happens. If it does not enable me to expand on eBid despite my efforts to make it happen then I'll just have to start listing the latest new releases elsewhere and just keep my back catalogue of older stock on eBid.
    I have respect for what you are endeavoring to accomplish. Would be very interested in your findings and results. The cost you have indicated is pricey for me, but if the results are substantial enough the cost is well worth it.

View rokins_toys's Feedback (+770)
    All-About rokins_toys
    View rokins_toys's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by burgyeb View Post
    I have respect for what you are endeavoring to accomplish. Would be very interested in your findings and results. The cost you have indicated is pricey for me, but if the results are substantial enough the cost is well worth it.
    Cheers, I will be keeping a close eye on things. If this advertising becomes worth it for me by significantly increasing my sales on eBid then I'll increase the advertising to more months and think about other collector sites as well for other lines like Marvel etc. when I can afford to start stocking small quantities of those other lines. Jedi News price is a bit steep, I was expecting them to come back to me with a price of about £30/£35 per month maximum so I was a bit disappointed when they said it is £75 per month. Just because they get 6 million hits per month means nothing to me. It doesn't necessarily mean anything significantly good for my sales, especially if I cannot afford the level of stock I need to stock for a 500% increase in sales given that my sales at the moment wouldn't even register at 0%, more like 0.00003% given what I have sold over the past 3 months is only a handful of items to two different regular buyers lol.
    “Doing business without proper advertising is like winking at a girl in the dark. You know what you are doing but nobody else does and the girl doesn't even know you're winking at her either."

Forum Diehard
    Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View cerealmunkee's Feedback (+1334)
    All-About cerealmunkee
    View cerealmunkee's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cheercity2000 View Post
    My Personal Campaign to promote Ebid (note I have no shares!) Please shop and talk to me - want to make this website work out and happy to get involved to improve... fed up with ebay they are too big for their boots!

Hello. Don't see many bad comments on ebid, although I am quite new to this website. Really to be honest came here as desperately looking to get away from ebay who both overcharge smaller sellers (meaning I hardly made anything there despite hard work pleasing buyers, following rules etc.) and after one on my several above standard sites dipped below standard due to a couple of very nasty unpleasant buyers (2 out of 690 buyers!) stopped from selling on one site and after fighting with ebay for 4 years I can bareley sell at all! Ebay are dishonest robbers, in my personal opinion who exploit both small and larger sellers only for profit. Protecting buyers is good but they do not reward hard work and otherwise good performance.

My advice, lease ebay as a matter of good conscience and give the ebids community (whish I see is full of people similar to myself in some of these views) give us a chance to sell you some honest fair bargins.

Simon ☺
    yes....there was a time when many were keen to promote Ebid....but as time moved on and reality sank in to their mindset, the eagerness to do this ran out.
    We all want/wanted to make this site work....but, this is easier said than done. I'd guess that there's not a great deal that can be done by any one single individual to encourage this site to work out and improve....although there are those who would argue that or the most part it has worked out...at least for them.

Fed up with E££y?....err....not me ....it seems to be okay as long as you work to a set of disciplines. But....i guess that its time that we had a real and viable alternative.....and here it is or at least here is the beginning.

Don't see many bad comments on Ebid?...well...this is because the forum is so heavily censored....what with the regulars who continually report anything that may be in their view subversive or questioning. So....to sum up ....you'll not see anything to really stir up any discussion either or ask ....how can we improve in what we do over here?...so....when you start to understand how things actually work you'll know exactly what i'm talking about.

Unpleasant and nasty buyers?....i'm afraid they use this site too, buyers can purchase on any site that they choose, there isn't a typical E££y buyer or a typical Ebid one.
    Following the rules?....there are rules to follow here too....i admit that there's less enforcement, but with that there is also a large degree of you as an individual setting high standards for yourself.

E££y are dishonest robbers?....they're not alone ....all large corporations are hypocritical over chargers....how d'you think they grow to the size that they are....by giving everyone a "great deal"?

Quote Originally Posted by rokins_toys View Post
    Cheers, I will be keeping a close eye on things. If this advertising becomes worth it for me by significantly increasing my sales on eBid then I'll increase the advertising to more months and think about other collector sites as well for other lines like Marvel etc. when I can afford to start stocking small quantities of those other lines. Jedi News price is a bit steep, I was expecting them to come back to me with a price of about £30/£35 per month maximum so I was a bit disappointed when they said it is £75 per month. Just because they get 6 million hits per month means nothing to me. It doesn't necessarily mean anything significantly good for my sales, especially if I cannot afford the level of stock I need to stock for a 500% increase in sales given that my sales at the moment wouldn't even register at 0%, more like 0.00003% given what I have sold over the past 3 months is only a handful of items to two different regular buyers lol.
    While £75 might be a bit steep for an individual buyer it is not that much for eBid, and with 6 million hits in a month is the type of targeted advertising I would like to see eBid undertaking. Maybe it could be done in conjunction with sellers like yourself in some way whereby potential buyers were directed to suitable items but any sellers contributing had their items in a more prominent position.

Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    View bluebedouin's Feedback (+107)
    All-About bluebedouin
    View bluebedouin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kreativebargains View Post
    While £75 might be a bit steep for an individual buyer it is not that much for eBid,.....
    It is when you multiply it by all the other sites that different sellers would want to advertise on!

Wakefield, West Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View thebeddingman's Feedback (+239)
    All-About thebeddingman
    View thebeddingman's Listings
    Forum Posts

I have to admit, when I'm searching for something, I don't think about using Google Shopping at all.

You don't need to think about using it - type in a product search term like dinosaur duvet set into Google and shopping results will be displayed to you regardless of whether you wanted them or not - that is what those four little pictures at the top of the search results are.

However, It is of questionable viability, especially for a site like Ebid - I bet I get a better conversion rate for my own website than Ebid get, and at a minimum of 1p per click, it does not take much to swallow a 2% FVF on a £10 item.

Thread Information