eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: And the Winner of YDC 124 is......................................

Chester - Le - Street, Durham, United Kingdom
    View Armstrongs's Feedback (+1436)
    All-About Armstrongs
    View Armstrongs's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default And the Winner of YDC 124 is......................................

Maelbrigda

Who's scrummy auction of HOME MADE BREAD

raised the awesome amount of £15.04

for

The Laurencekirk Thursday Group

Congratulations Mael

Look here for Crafty Bits

Find the Beamish Bazaar here!

I'M A YDC SUPPORTER!
    Find eBid's monthly charity auctions HERE on the 24th!

View liverdodo's Feedback (+1878)
    All-About liverdodo
    View liverdodo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: And the Winner of YDC 124 is......................................

Congratulations Maelbrigda

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Doe

190th Girl Guides Liverpool

In A Butterfly House, Essex, United Kingdom
    View emmily121's Feedback (+310)
    All-About emmily121
    View emmily121's Listings
    Forum Posts

erm, Vonz, is this a case of de javu I thought countryfeedback87/Ash had won YDC 124

I've nothing against supporting LTG, a very worthy cause, but Maelbrigda didn't have the competition details in her listing that the rules state you have to have to be in the competition.

Honest, reliable seller looking for honest, reliable buyers.

Emmily's Pin Badges
    New and used pin badges

NAWT Charity Store
    Take a minute to take a look

End of the Rainbow
    Will you find treasure at the end of the rainbow.
    Cuddly puppies and kittens now available.

YDC Charity Auctions

Just to echo Emmilys post above, I don't wish to begrudge Penni anything, especially for raising the great amount she has for the LTG, but I am pretty sure I've seen a post from Penni saying that she doesn't enter her YDC listings into the competition.

Congratulations to Maelbrigda if she is indeed the winner though, just a little disappointed with self-pity lol

Chester - Le - Street, Durham, United Kingdom
    View Armstrongs's Feedback (+1436)
    All-About Armstrongs
    View Armstrongs's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by emmily121 View Post
    erm, Vonz, is this a case of de javu I thought countryfeedback87/Ash had won YDC 124

I've nothing against supporting LTG, a very worthy cause, but Maelbrigda didn't have the competition details in her listing that the rules state you have to have to be in the competition.
    Quote Originally Posted by countryfeedback87 View Post
    Just to echo Emmilys post above, I don't wish to begrudge Penni anything, especially for raising the great amount she has for the LTG, but I am pretty sure I've seen a post from Penni saying that she doesn't enter her YDC listings into the competition.

Congratulations to Maelbrigda if she is indeed the winner though, just a little disappointed with self-pity lol
    I did query the "missing text" with Penni a few days ago........and it was a simple oversight because the auction was a last minute rush. I'm happy to stand with MY decision......but if anyone isn't, please feel free to start another thread & have a vote on it.
    Yvonne

Look here for Crafty Bits

Find the Beamish Bazaar here!

I'M A YDC SUPPORTER!
    Find eBid's monthly charity auctions HERE on the 24th!

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

PENNI

Well done Private Wicca, jolly good show !

Well done Penni ....
    --Linda--
    all feedback from eBid

In A Butterfly House, Essex, United Kingdom
    View emmily121's Feedback (+310)
    All-About emmily121
    View emmily121's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Vonz View Post
    I did query the "missing text" with Penni a few days ago........and it was a simple oversight because the auction was a last minute rush. I'm happy to stand with MY decision......but if anyone isn't, please feel free to start another thread & have a vote on it.
    Yvonne
    Ok, no problem better luck next time Ash

Well Done Penni

Honest, reliable seller looking for honest, reliable buyers.

Emmily's Pin Badges
    New and used pin badges

NAWT Charity Store
    Take a minute to take a look

End of the Rainbow
    Will you find treasure at the end of the rainbow.
    Cuddly puppies and kittens now available.

YDC Charity Auctions

Laurencekirk, Aberdeenshire, United Kingdom
    View Maelbrigda's Feedback (+2605)
    All-About Maelbrigda
    View Maelbrigda's Listings
    Forum Posts

I'm sorry. I do normally have the competition bit in the listing but the bread was listed at after 11pm on the 24th and was a bit rushed. I did have the is a charity auction and I do believe I fulfilled all the other criteria.

Country I did have 3 items there were not in the competition as I only ran them for 3 days.

Just let me know if it is decided I am not winner.

I will tell you a little more about the Laurencekirk Thursday Group:

We live in South Aberdeenshire, which is a huge rural geographical area with not a lot of services. Until 7 years ago we were able to access health services in Angus, the next county as it was much closer than Aberdeen. 2 political decisions were made at that time, one was to close down the existing mental health hospital at Sunnyside in Montrose, the second was that Aberdeenshire patients could no longer be seen across county borders and that we would have to travel the 40 odd miles to Aberdeen.
    The group was initially formed by 6 former patients of Sunnyside because for various reasons we couldn't travel to Aberdeen on our own. (I was one of the 6)
    We asked the local Mental Health Team if there was anything they could do to assist us and they agreed that they would supply both a CPN (Community Psychiatric Nurse) and a support worker to the meetings and that they would pay for the hire of the hall.
    Within a month the CPN identified 14 people that would benefit from this service.
    So in October 2007 we started weekly meetings. The main hurdle that we had to face is that the service was to cover the area from Stonehaven to Edzell and from all the wee coastal villages and farm villages. There are no local transport provisions to and from most of these areas. In the beginning we were paying over a £100 a week for a taxi mini bus to pick everyone up.
    Very few of us have the confidence to drive and we were paying for the transport ourselves.
    We did finally manage to sort things out and now pay half that and the mental health services help with the rest.
    18 months ago I was voted in as the fundraiser. Due to the stigma that still exists about mental health the group members remain anonymus as some of them dont want work collegues or other to know of their condition. I said I didnt mind as I had spoken in the forums previously about my problems and I would not reveal any details about the folks.
    I had already been involved in the YDC from when I joined ebid so I suggested that with the groups permission I would put some YDC listings on each month.
    Of the original 14, 3 of us still attend the group. Others have recovered or passed away. There are 20 names on our books although weekly attendance is usually around 10-12 people. Over the time more than 100 people have attended and most have moved on.
    The group provides a lifeline to those that are emotionally, socially and geographically isolated to come together in a safe atmosphere and interact. For a few it is their only interaction with other people in a week.

I do hope you can see the difference the little bit of fundraising we do can make to these people. I cannot post photos but I can pass on the heaartfelt thanks of all the goup for the £187 we have managed to raise so far this year.

My choice this month therefore is the Laurencekirk Thursday Group and I hope some of you will support me in that.

Penni
    Simply Handmade all my handmade items
    Maelbrigda's Bits and Pieces For Clothing and Jewellery, Ornaments, Odds & Ends & Much More
    Craft Store Crafty bits & pieces. Patterns, Card, Yarn, Stamps and more
    Books, Blu Rays, DVD's, CD's and Vinyl Records
    https://www.ebid.net/uk/stores/The-Pagan-Tree

Please have a look. I combine postage wherever possible.

Thread Information