eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Did Anyone Else Receive Google Shopping inclusion Email?

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Did Anyone Else Receive Google Shopping inclusion Email?

Have noticed a few recent disturbing trends in the forums concerning long term eBid members. This is just another one.

I received an email from eBid to the following effect:

*"We presently upload your listings within minutes - providing you with even greater exposure." (Interprets: WE ARE DOING OUR PART)

*"However, a substantial number of your items are resulting in non-performing click throughs via Google Shopping. " (Interprets: YOU ARE NOT DOING YOUR PART)

*"During the period 20July2014-5Aug2014 you had 658 Google SHOPPING Viewers that have clicked through and went zero went on to purchase during this period." (Response: Is this something new for the site that far too many sellers claim that nothing sells here?)

*"Google Shopping is not a free service and without sales it is not a viable business model. " ( Response : Whose fault is that? Sellers on eBid have been saying that lack of sales on eBid is not a viable business model for years. That is why so many have already left.)

*"We would like to see you succeed." (Response: WOW! First time I have heard this. )

*"There is also a bulk option to edit multiple listings at once. (Response: Yeah. And what would you have me edit, my prices).

*"We reserve the right to remove the items in definitely............Refunding your Seller + membership fees if you wish."
    (Response: Your removal of my listings from Google Shopping will result in the same levels of sales I have been experiencing on eBid for quite some time, which is slow to no sales. This is a result of low traffic levels on eBid, buyer obstacles in using the site, data demands from new (and long term) users of the site, and lack of comprehensive advertising and marketing by eBid.)

As far as you refunding a Seller + Lifetime Member........I think eBid should think about attempts to move in that direction. eBid has a legal and moral obligation to honor their commitments to their members. I honestly hope that this site does not become like eBay, but it has been looking more like eBay this week.

View MPS16's Feedback (+3501)
    All-About MPS16
    View MPS16's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Did Anyone Else Receive Google Shopping inclusion Email?

Quote Originally Posted by burgyeb View Post
    Have noticed a few recent disturbing trends in the forums concerning long term eBid members.......eBid has a legal and moral obligation to honor their commitments to their members......
    eBid is a business.

Google has moved the goal posts by now chargeing for clicks on Google Shopping items.

We may not like it but I can see the logic of eBid having a cut off point at which they decide that an item, or items are nolonger economically viable to be displayed on Google Shopping.

Call me a cheer leader if you like but I can see why eBid needs to take action.
    Please Visit My Stores

Meccano Shop
    Postcards Shop
    Stamps Shop
    DVD Shop

I'm free-I'm free
    And freedom tastes of reality
    I'm free-I'm free
    And I'm waiting for you to follow me

TOMMY

I do worry about the economics of google shopping and I have always been selective about the items that I list to be included in it.
    This analytics thing is beyond me but it would be useful to know how many views are coming from GS, although it would make no difference to my sales if I did know.
    I have one item that has had lots of views, obviously from GS, but I dont know how to make them buy from here, I do know if I put it on TOS and increased the price by 20% it would sell easily.

View MPS16's Feedback (+3501)
    All-About MPS16
    View MPS16's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zaranvalesasterix View Post
    .....This analytics thing is beyond me but it would be useful to know how many views are coming from GS, although it would make no difference to my sales if I did know.
    I have one item that has had lots of views, obviously from GS.....
    Actually the majority of the views could well be coming from Google, and not from Google Shopping.
    Please Visit My Stores

Meccano Shop
    Postcards Shop
    Stamps Shop
    DVD Shop

I'm free-I'm free
    And freedom tastes of reality
    I'm free-I'm free
    And I'm waiting for you to follow me

TOMMY

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

[QUOTE=MPS16;1618478because eBidd is a business.

Google has moved the goa. by now chargeing for click. on Google Shopping items.

We may not like it but I can see the logicshouldof eBid having a cut off point at which they decide that an item, or items are nolonger economically viable to be displayed on Google Shopping.

Call me a cheer leader if you like but I can see why eBid needs to take action. [/QUOTE]

Yes, eBid is a business. Google Shopping did not just start charging for click throughs; eBid has been paying for click throughs for some time now. There were various threads in the past that some sellers recommended eBid give sellers the option to buy clicks. There seemed no interest on the part of eBid to allow that.

I have also noticed for some time that certain selllers receive high visibility, while most do not. This was going on right along side of Google Shopping. Have also noticed the selective visibility during searches here.

All of that aside, because eBid is a business, they can not sell a product, represented as a life time membership, if they do not plan to honor the membership level. They should stop offering the level if that is the case. That is good business.

while we are on the subject of google shopping, can someone please tell me where on google analytics I find the bit where it tells you where your visitors are coming from, only asking as I am looking to see how many of my visitors are coming from google shopping as opposed to pinterest etc, as last time i looked more were coming from elsewhere. sorry if I am butting in on your thread.

Unhappy Re: Did Anyone Else Receive Google Shopping inclusion Email?

From what I can understand you have to have a barcode to be in google shopping is this correct?. none of my items are showing up in google since they are all vintage .which is strange since etsy and bonanza seems to upload it and of course ebay does but this could be a huge problem from what I can see. What is wrong with this picture? Help please from an ebid newbie.
    http://kansas-city-treasures.ebid.net/

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Haven't receive the notice myself, but I rarely go to Google shopping, so I probably wouldn't know if my items are there or not.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

Quote Originally Posted by KansasCityTreasure View Post
    From what I can understand you have to have a barcode to be in google shopping is this correct?. none of my items are showing up in google since they are all vintage .which is strange since etsy and bonanza seems to upload it and of course ebay does but this could be a huge problem from what I can see. What is wrong with this picture? Help please from an ebid newbie.
    If your item doesn't have a barcode you need to put exempt in place of the barcode. Here is a link to the info needed to have listings uploaded to Google Shopping.
    http://us.ebid.net/help_selling.php#48

yea i had to put exempt in the barcode area , wow that scared me . I emailed support and they helped me . Thanks. looks like all is good on google shopping now.
    http://kansas-city-treasures.ebid.net/

Thread Information