My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Map Storage

Default Map Storage

Not sure what they are called so please bear with me while I attempt a description:

OH collects vintage OS maps . A few of them have come in thick, polythene (?) top-opening wallets. I cannot find these anywhere so if anyone knows where to purchase, please let me know. They must not be hole-punched, or have a flap. Just a top-opening, slip-in, polythene wallet.

Approx. size: 13x21 cms.

Thank you.

View RameRetro's Feedback (+33)
    All-About RameRetro
    View RameRetro's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Map Storage

Quote Originally Posted by Knit_Wits_Vintage View Post
    Not sure what they are called so please bear with me while I attempt a description:

OH collects vintage OS maps . A few of them have come in thick, polythene (?) top-opening wallets. I cannot find these anywhere so if anyone knows where to purchase, please let me know. They must not be hole-punched, or have a flap. Just a top-opening, slip-in, polythene wallet.

Approx. size: 13x21 cms.

Thank you.
    I do know what you mean and I used to have at least one of them. I say used to because I moved house last year and can't remember what I kept and what I lost/mislaid/threw away. I will have a hunt around. If not, a regular at one of our local car boot sales often has them. I'll keep my eyes peeled!

Quote Originally Posted by RameRetro View Post
    I do know what you mean and I used to have at least one of them. I say used to because I moved house last year and can't remember what I kept and what I lost/mislaid/threw away. I will have a hunt around. If not, a regular at one of our local car boot sales often has them. I'll keep my eyes peeled!
    Thank you for your reply He needs quite a few for his quite large collection (unless I can persuade him to sell some - some hope!)

Quote Originally Posted by booksntings View Post
    May be called a map case only one I can find on here

http://uk.ebid.net/for-sale/12v-dc-v...-128348243.htm
    No, that's not what I mean. They are totally plain with just an opening at the top. Much smaller than the one for your link.

But, thank you very much for taking the trouble to look.

I should imagine they would be similar to the pockets for storing individual postcards only a bit longer.

Birmingham, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View lofty100e's Feedback (+74)
    All-About lofty100e
    View lofty100e's Listings
    Forum Posts

I don't know if they do them on-line, but an Army & Navy shop (as they used to be called) or walking shop such as Blacks or Oswald Bailey should be able to help.
    To view my listings: click here: www.loftys-stores.com

To join eBid click this link: http://uk.ebid.net/buddy/253503

Quote Originally Posted by lofty100e View Post
    I don't know if they do them on-line, but an Army & Navy shop (as they used to be called) or walking shop such as Blacks or Oswald Bailey should be able to help.
    Thanks, Lofty, but all the listings for camping/walking are of the large variety with strings etc.attached. These are for storing in their dozens/hundreds in a large box. Just to keep them clean - not for walking with.

Oh! I think I have found some (unfortunately on TOS). A5 frosted job card pockets A5 vertical opening with thumb bit at top.

Will now close this thread with thanks to all you kind people who tried to help

Thread Information