My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Can't ship to my own country???

Wink Can't ship to my own country???

I'm brand new and excited to be a part of ebids!
    I've got about a dozen auctions up but most of them say "Shipping to US not avail" (in the place a bid box)
    I need to be able to ship within my own country and have reviewed my listings and can't figure out why this is happening.
    Right now I have specified shipping to US and Canada. My store name is CapesTreasures.
    I would be so thankful if anyone could have a look for me, Thanks.

Stratford, Greater London, United Kingdom
    View billsstamps's Feedback (+31375)
    All-About billsstamps
    View billsstamps's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Can't ship to my own country???

When you check your listing, does it show what shipping you have specified? Without this, you would appear to have no shipping.
    Rev Dr Bill Hopkinson,
    Retired professor

BillsStamps

around 50000 stamps listed, based in London

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Welcome! I think your listings are ok. I'm in the UK, and it says you don't ship to here (so it's a bit strange I can see them). When I check the drop down box for where you ship to, it says US. When I click that, and put in my daughter's US zip code, your sea shell listing shows the postage to the US as $8.++. Looks like it's all working fine.

On your ABOUT ME page, you might want to consider rewording the bit about eBid being new.............it's not.....has been around for many years.

You might want to check out the help button, top right of any page, then look on the left, FAQs about listing and selling. Good help, esp the bit about what items are banned here. Not sure, but you might want to rethink your photo with your web address in it.

The help button is also the way to contact support, if you need to.....help> contact us...cursor down to link.

Glad you are here!!
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

Quote Originally Posted by CapesTreasures View Post
    I'm brand new and excited to be a part of ebids!
    I've got about a dozen auctions up but most of them say "Shipping to US not avail" (in the place a bid box)
    I need to be able to ship within my own country and have reviewed my listings and can't figure out why this is happening.
    Right now I have specified shipping to US and Canada. My store name is CapesTreasures.
    I would be so thankful if anyone could have a look for me, Thanks.
    Welcome to eBid! You can thank the USPS for this one. When they did the most recent price increase they also stopped standard post to/from the same zone. Add Priority Mail as a shipping option and you will be covered.

Wow, thats interesting, the only listings that are showing as available in the US I have specified as first class. Over on the "other site" I typically used the old Parcel Post, now called Parcel Select, because it was so cost effective. I'm worried using priority will make the shipping cost too high for some buyers. Thanks for the tip, I've got to figure this one out!

Wow, thats interesting, the only listings that are showing as available in the US I have specified as first class. Over on the "other site" I typically used the old Parcel Post, now called Parcel Select, because it was so cost effective. I'm worried using priority will make the shipping cost too high for some buyers. Thanks for the tip, I've got to figure this one out!
    Offer Priority in addition to Parcel Select. What you will find is that within your zone they are both the same price.

Adding Priority Mail as an option totally fixed it!!! I was unaware I could offer multiple shipping auctions. This site is a joy to use, thanks for the help!

Adding Priority Mail as an option totally fixed it!!! I was unaware I could offer multiple shipping auctions. This site is a joy to use, thanks for the help!
    I agree! The site is a joy to use and great people and wonderful support. Glad to help. Come on back if you have any other questions or issues. There always seems to be someone willing to help.

Forum Saint
    View moonwitch's Feedback (+1616)
    All-About moonwitch
    View moonwitch's Listings
    Forum Posts

Welcome to Ebid

Please drop by with any questions as no question is too silly....all the sellers here started here as newbies and had to learn how the site works so we have all 'been there'.

By the way...I am the only sane one here

Thread Information