Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Help.. Want to direct my current customers to eBid. How do I direct them to my profie

Forum Newbie
    Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom
    View tiffy's Feedback (+20)
    All-About tiffy
    View tiffy's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Help.. Want to direct my current customers to eBid. How do I direct them to my profie

Hi

I sell on both eBid and also on ebay (for the moment) I hate the fees on Ebay, but unfortunately that is where I am getting the footfall. I do sell to repeat customers. With each sale I make on eBay, I attach a note advising the customer that I list the exact same items on eBid, only cheaper. I state my username.

I have since found out that the customers are having a hard time trying to find me on eBid. Is there no search to help you find a member or seller..? Or is there a personal URL I should be giving them..?

Any advice is much appreciated,
    Thanks Tiffanni

Default Re: Help.. Want to direct my current customers to eBid. How do I direct them to my pr

This is a direct link to see your items for sale:

http://uk.ebid.net/items/tiffy

So you could add the above to your note. However it would be better to set up an eBid shop for your items. That makes it easier for buyers to navigate around and a much more professional and personal landing page for your customers.

Poulton-le-fylde, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View Gill's Feedback (+517)
    All-About Gill
    View Gill's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Help.. Want to direct my current customers to eBid. How do I direct them to my pr

Put it this way tiffy.

You have a seller+ account which gives you 5 free stores.
    You have 5 listings but none of those listings are in a store.
    You haven't filled in your 'About me' page - your personal URL.

Good luck.
    Gill (pronounced Jill) "Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful" William Morris 1834 - 1896

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tiffy View Post
    Hi

I sell on both eBid and also on ebay (for the moment) I hate the fees on Ebay, but unfortunately that is where I am getting the footfall. I do sell to repeat customers. With each sale I make on eBay, I attach a note advising the customer that I list the exact same items on eBid, only cheaper. I state my username.

I have since found out that the customers are having a hard time trying to find me on eBid. Is there no search to help you find a member or seller..? Or is there a personal URL I should be giving them..?

Thanks Tiffanni

Make sure you tell them it is ebid.net and NOT ebid.com

Forum Newbie
    Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom
    View tiffy's Feedback (+20)
    All-About tiffy
    View tiffy's Listings
    Forum Posts

Many Thanks for all your replies..! :-)

Forum Diehard
    Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View cerealmunkee's Feedback (+1334)
    All-About cerealmunkee
    View cerealmunkee's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tiffy View Post
    Hi

Thanks Tiffanni
    The site that you mention can charge as they please due to the footfall that you can get over there.

Do you really believe your buyers when they tell you that they can't find your listings that you've placed on Ebid?....actually....i don't believe them....its as simple as.... enter the word Ebid into your browser, and then the item description when the Google result pops up showing Ebid's home page....and....well....thats about as hard as it gets.
    I attached notes to my other site sales telling the buyers that they could have saved money by coming here....the result?....nothing.....i'm afraid to say.

In fact....what your customers are having a hard time doing is grasping the fact that they have an alternative that isn't called E££y....but the site you mention has brainwashed every user into believing that spending their cash anywhere but there involves too much "risk"....hence ....your question regarding the lack of action that you've found here.
    Its easy to find your listings on Ebid.....but the sad truth is that no one appears to want to search them out.

Thread Information