Thread: Nomination for YDC121

View shezz's Feedback (+360)
    All-About shezz
    View shezz's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Nomination for YDC121

Quote Originally Posted by emmily121 View Post
    Fishing for information

I've got an item I'd like to list for the YDC auctions. Can't seem to find much info, could someone tell me how, where and when I list auction, plus any other info you think I might need. Cheers.
    Hi

Think you will find that Vonz will put an announcement thread on this forum with the date of the next YDC, this link may help you.

http://www.ebid.net/forums/showthrea...mory-of-RonOne
    Life is serious but taking it too seriously robs you of
    happiness, fun and productivity

Fishing for information

I've got an item I'd like to list for the YDC auctions. Can't seem to find much info, could someone tell me how, where and when I list auction, plus any other info you think I might need. Cheers.
    That would be great, thanks emmily. As Shezz said Vonz always posts a reminder thread nearer the time but here are the rules so you can get posting early if you wish.

Part one: Rules for All.
    1. Auctions must run from the 24th to the 28th of the month.
    2. Auctions must be listed in the Your Donation Counts sub-category of the Charity Auctions category.
    3. Your items must be listed on eBid.net and must comply with all eBid's listing rules.
    4. Your auction(s) must be for a charity or good cause.
    5. YDC nn (the number of the current YDC) must be included in the auction title.
    You can list as many items as you wish. You do not have to support the nominated charity, you are free to choose any cause you wish. If you would like to support the nominated charity, that's great. Please try to offer your auctions to as many international destinations as possible, for maximum YDC visibility.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Part two: Rules for the competition.
    1. Auctions should have a start price of 99p or less. (or local equivalent.) The website xe.com is a good place to check currency exchanges.
    2. No item should have an expected value of more than £20.00 (or local equivalent). Higher value items are still welcome in YDC but should not be considered competition entries.
    3. No reserve or Buy Now price should be used, nor should any listing enhancements such as Featured.
    4. Please make sure your end time on the 28th matches your start time on the 24th, so that your auction only runs for exactly four days - no extending from very early on the 24th to late on the 28th, please.
    5. YDC nn (the number of the current YDC) must be included in the title, preferably as shown with a space between the letters and the numbers.
    6. Naturally, your items must be listed on eBid.net and must comply with all eBid's listing rules.
    7. Your auction(s) must be for a charity or good cause and the description of your item must include the following text:
    This auction is an entry in the YDC nn charity auction competition. All money raised by this auction will go to: charity.
    8. Please do not charge more than cost price for shipping / postage.

Don't forget to come and pimp your items, there will be a pimp thread on the Kitchen Table forum on the 24th. Any underhand method to raise more money for the charity will be accepted, all's fair in love and YDC !!!

Yes emmily - take heed of Sergeant Major Cornish's remark ... " Any underhand method to raise more money for the charity will be accepted, all's fair in love and YDC !!! "

Prepare to get your precious green ticks swiped, especially late at night (Cornish) and early in the morning (meebo) - another deadly tick nicker.
    I won't scare you with the underhanded tactics of certain overseas YDC'ers who are always in a hurry (wear the cap if it fits ...lol!)
    You possibly may need a companion to guard your ticks .... here is mine ....
    Name:  ydc smiley woolie.JPG
Views: 40
Size:  32.4 KB
    Visit my clothes store -here
    Look in my treasure in trove ! here
    For
    soy wax candles, tarts & melts click here
    For trading cards click here
    Visit my Tazo barhere

Quote Originally Posted by Tropical_Trish View Post
    Yes emmily - take heed of Sergeant Major Cornish's remark ... " Any underhand method to raise more money for the charity will be accepted, all's fair in love and YDC !!! "

Prepare to get your precious green ticks swiped, especially late at night (Cornish) and early in the morning (meebo) - another deadly tick nicker.
    I won't scare you with the underhanded tactics of certain overseas YDC'ers who are always in a hurry (wear the cap if it fits ...lol!)
    You possibly may need a companion to guard your ticks .... here is mine ....
    Name:  ydc smiley woolie.JPG
Views: 40
Size:  32.4 KB
    What exactly are you saying? Name:  Tip-Hat~0.gif
Views: 39
Size:  3.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by hurryb4itsgone View Post
    What exactly are you saying? Name:  Tip-Hat~0.gif
Views: 39
Size:  3.0 KB
    Oh hurry ..... I just nearly choked laughing ... oh lawdy ... my ribs ache ...
    For
    Visit my Tazo barhere

I'm just here to entertain! Name:  bluesbrother.gif
Views: 41
Size:  7.9 KB

It will hopefully keep you distracted while I nick your ticks!

In A Butterfly House, Essex, United Kingdom
    View emmily121's Feedback (+310)
    All-About emmily121
    View emmily121's Listings
    Forum Posts

Cheers for your replies. It sounds like a fun adventure, looking forward to it.
    I'll see if I can find any other fun items, for me they'd have to have an element of fun for me to list for charity. Sold my electronic nose picker last year, that would have been ideal from my way of thinking.

Honest, reliable seller looking for honest, reliable buyers.

Emmily's Pin Badges
    New and used pin badges

NAWT Charity Store
    Take a minute to take a look

End of the Rainbow
    Will you find treasure at the end of the rainbow.
    Cuddly puppies and kittens now available.

YDC Charity Auctions

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Emmily ..............you are going to fit in so well here!!!!
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

Cheers for your replies. It sounds like a fun adventure, looking forward to it.
    I'll see if I can find any other fun items, for me they'd have to have an element of fun for me to list for charity. Sold my electronic nose picker last year, that would have been ideal from my way of thinking.
    Oh boy - I have always wanted an electronic nose picker ... any chance you can get another?
    I've got an electric nasal hair remover - actually, it's battery operated and it packs in before it has removed many hairs.
    I think my OH snitches it and tries to deforest his nasal hair growth ..... ugh!
    For
    Visit my Tazo barhere

Quote Originally Posted by hurryb4itsgone View Post
    I'm just here to entertain! Name:  bluesbrother.gif
Views: 41
Size:  7.9 KB

It will hopefully keep you distracted while I nick your ticks!
    Haa - I shall be on the watchout for you ..... and I shall probably nick all your ticks ....
    I shall be on full scale alert - my presence will be everywhere ...
    For
    Visit my Tazo barhere

Thread Information