My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How to sell first item on ebid.? Need help with selling men's underwear

Lightbulb How to sell first item on ebid.? Need help with selling men's underwear

I moved from ebay since my third account just got suspended forever. I listed some items on ebid for over one year, but nothing sold. Really need some help or advice in promoting. BTW, I am selling mens underwear.

Ipswich - The Jewel Of The East -, Suffolk, United Kingdom
    View squern's Feedback (+2196)
    All-About squern
    View squern's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: How to sell first item on ebid.? Need help with selling men's underwear

eBid works differently to The Dark Side, so you have to approach selling in a different way.
    There are things which definately make a difference, and you will find lots of advice here:
    http://mootango.webspace.virginmedia...idkb.htm#a0033

Don't be shy about asking for help on the forums; eBidders are amazingly helpful.

Welcome to the site, and good luck with sales.

Stratford, Greater London, United Kingdom
    View billsstamps's Feedback (+31360)
    All-About billsstamps
    View billsstamps's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: How to sell first item on ebid.? Need help with selling men's underwear

Quote Originally Posted by megacassie View Post
    I moved from ebay since my third account just got suspended forever. I listed some items on ebid for over one year, but nothing sold. Really need some help or advice in promoting. BTW, I am selling mens underwear.
    My own personal route to success is to increase the number of items on sale by a factor of 10 over ebay.
    16 on Suspend-your-account, so 160 on Ebid.

Your mens underwear looks great, though prices are eye-watering by my UK standards. I buy similar look top designer brand in France for much less. I would put more design into my listings to give it a top designer feel to translate a higher proportion of your visits into sales.
    Rev Dr Bill Hopkinson,
    Retired professor

BillsStamps

around 50000 stamps listed, based in London

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

I would only put words relating to the actual item in your title. For the necklace, SWEATER and BEAUTY are not words people would use when searching for a necklace. I would instead use something like Glass (or stone, if they are stone) Accents, type of metal, Enameled, maker, etc.
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi and welcome to eBid.

Posted this to another thread, but it might be helpful here as well.

Some suggestions, if you haven't already tried them:

1) Add a signature link to your posts, so members can click to view your listings.
    2) List as many items as you can; it's free to list and relist and the more items you list, the more potential sales.
    3) Use 7-10 day listings with auto repost to ensure your items move up searches.
    4) Let former customers from other sites know you're selling here.
    5) Use social networking (Twitter, Facebook, personal blog) to promote your listings.
    6) Use Plug Your Auctions on the forum (1x per 24 hours - delete old plug before adding new one) to promote your listings.
    7) Offer international shipping whenever possible to widen your potential customer base.
    8) Tell everyone you know and meet about eBid.
    9) Buy a few inexpensive items to increase your feedback and support the site.
    10) Get involved in eBid activities, as the monthly YDC charity auctions, if you're so inclined; it's a great way to raise monies for good causes and it helps raise your profile in the eBid community.
    11) Check out the Help videos and read Astral's FAQs page, lots of good info. in both places.

http://www.mootango.webspace.virginmedia.com/ebidkb.htm

Oh and have fun.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

Haverfordwest, Pembrokeshire, United Kingdom
    View olivia8143's Feedback (+1394)
    All-About olivia8143
    View olivia8143's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HerMajesty View Post
    I would only put words relating to the actual item in your title. For the necklace, SWEATER and BEAUTY are not words people would use when searching for a necklace. I would instead use something like Glass (or stone, if they are stone) Accents, type of metal, Enameled, maker, etc.
    I agree. Also, there is a reserve on them - I never bid on items with a reserve and I know many others don't too. Why don't you just start it at a price you'd be happy with.

Birmingham, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View lofty100e's Feedback (+74)
    All-About lofty100e
    View lofty100e's Listings
    Forum Posts

One other thing that Suesjools did not mention was if you are using auctions set the start price for the lowest amount you are prepared to accept. There are no bidding wars on here.

Also where possible add the sizes in metric plus S/M/L where applicable.
    Last edited by lofty100e; 22nd April 2014 at 08:11 PM.
    To view my listings: click here: www.loftys-stores.com

To join eBid click this link: http://uk.ebid.net/buddy/253503

Really appreciate for these tips, btw, what is the monthly YDC charity auctions? Where can i find it?

Thanks for your advice, I will work on my titles.

Quote Originally Posted by billsbooks View Post
    My own personal route to success is to increase the number of items on sale by a factor of 10 over ebay.
    16 on Suspend-your-account, so 160 on Ebid.

Your mens underwear looks great, though prices are eye-watering by my UK standards. I buy similar look top designer brand in France for much less. I would put more design into my listings to give it a top designer feel to translate a higher proportion of your visits into sales.
    Thank you for your advice, may I ask what price do you usually pay for it?

Thread Information