eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Why does ebid not have main stream advertising

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Why does ebid not have main stream advertising

Whilst I agree that Main stream advertising for ebid would be great.

I saw some figures the other day which said that internet advertising is now 50% of the total spent on all advertising. That is a huge percentage and it seems to be rising.

So soon, they will have to coin another word for "mainstream" advertising!

Birmingham, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View lofty100e's Feedback (+74)
    All-About lofty100e
    View lofty100e's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tony41 View Post
    There is a lot of food for thought in Rokin's latest post. In the spirit of constructive debate, not criticism, I would like to make a few points.
    lo
    Why choose Heart radio? Is it because they are midlands based? It might be worth looking at other commercial radio stations from the viewpoint of number of distribution of listeners including how many listen on line. I make this last suggestion because Rokin makes the point that radio advertising covers a larger area than the geographical area covered by the station because of online listeners.

Why choose the Daily Star and Daily Express? In the circulation figures these papers are 4th and 5th in the table. Hoever, circulation is distorted by free distribution by various organisations. In the table of readership these two papers are 7th and 8th. In both tables the top three papers are the Sun, the Daily Mail and the Mirror. Perhaps these three are much more expensive to advertise in. Could it be that they are both owned by Richard Desmond .
    Heart FM may be Rokin's "local" radio station, but they have a wide reach, far wider than I realised I had only heard of Birmingham and London http://www.heart.co.uk/localise/ I guess that some (London and around there), would be more expensive. If it was me spending an advertising budget I would choose to concentrate on their internet broadcasts on the basis that if the folks have internet access then they are potential customers.

As for the papers, they are as good a place as any to start.
    Last edited by lofty100e; 24th April 2014 at 10:45 PM. Reason: correcting spelling
    To view my listings: click here: www.loftys-stores.com

To join eBid click this link: http://uk.ebid.net/buddy/253503

Forum Master
    View tony41's Feedback (+10028)
    All-About tony41
    View tony41's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lofty100e View Post
    Heart FM may be Rokin's "local" radio station, but they have a wide reach, far wider than I realised I had only heard of Birmingham and London http://www.heart.co.uk/localise/ I guess that some (London and around there), would be more expensive. If it was me spending an advertising budget I would choose to concentrate on their internet broadcasts on the basis that if the folks have internet access then they are potential customers.

As for the papers, they are as goog a place as any to start.
    Or as bad a place. Daily Star at least has a dubious reputation.

Birmingham, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View lofty100e's Feedback (+74)
    All-About lofty100e
    View lofty100e's Listings
    Forum Posts

Can you name a british tabaloid that do have a good reputation, after the Levensen enquiry? Because I can't think of one.
    To view my listings: click here: www.loftys-stores.com

To join eBid click this link: http://uk.ebid.net/buddy/253503

Ebid definately needs to revamp its feedback system; the site looks like it died and some of the recent feedback is months old. That would put me off as a buyer. How about a system where feedback is left automatically after 5 days, with an email option to the buyer after 14 days to cancel it?

Quote Originally Posted by thephotoshoponebid View Post
    Ebid definately needs to revamp its feedback system; the site looks like it died and some of the recent feedback is months old. That would put me off as a buyer. How about a system where feedback is left automatically after 5 days, with an email option to the buyer after 14 days to cancel it?
    yeah i thought that, i am buying and bidding on things to improve my stagnant status atm
    Hi Guys, Please come and take a look at my items for sale.
    Check out the Baconbuttyman departments store..CLICK HERE

Check out the Baconbuttyman laptop, computer & Parts Store
    Many thanks Mick

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

I just saw an ebid ad at the top of a Google search for ebid!

I'm at work so have only read the first page of this thread and skipped to the end, but I found it because I was going to ask the exact same question re advertising. No one I have spoken to has ever heard of eBid. I have come over from the eBay and my sales have stopped dead which is dissapointing as I would love eBay to have some serious competition and all the tools are set up here to do it the only thing missing seemingly is customers. I really really want my store on here to take off and have emailed all my existing customers to advise them of the move but a radio or TV advert would be great, it needn't be anything flashy or overly expensive - it is just a matter of getting the name of the site out there so that when you say you are selling on eBid you don't get met with a blank look and a "who? whats that then?" response!

Forum Saint
    View adruml's Feedback (+1138)
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by thelickylabrador View Post
    I'm at work so have only read the first page of this thread and skipped to the end, but I found it because I was going to ask the exact same question re advertising. No one I have spoken to has ever heard of eBid. I have come over from the eBay and my sales have stopped dead which is dissapointing as I would love eBay to have some serious competition and all the tools are set up here to do it the only thing missing seemingly is customers. I really really want my store on here to take off and have emailed all my existing customers to advise them of the move but a radio or TV advert would be great, it needn't be anything flashy or overly expensive - it is just a matter of getting the name of the site out there so that when you say you are selling on eBid you don't get met with a blank look and a "who? whats that then?" response!
    The "advertising" question comes up in the forums constantly over the years. No one seems to know the answer as to why ebid's does not have the type of advertising we imagine would help the site flourish.
    Instead it is up to the individual sellers to promote themselves and gain buyers via Google Shopping search. Some believe it is working and the site is growing, others believe the growth shown after 15 years is not enough.
    Most believers of not enough are no longer listing here.
    Some great advice in the forums, astral's link and FAQs.
    Look around the site, look into sellers sales who sell, see what they sell, how much they sell for and try to make an educated decision in regards to selling here.

Thread Information