Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Why does ebid not have main stream advertising

Forum Newbie
    View gotyourwants's Feedback (+181)
    All-About gotyourwants
    View gotyourwants's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Why does ebid not have main stream advertising

I've been on ebid for several months. Got tired of ebay's games and did a search for alternatives to ebay and found ebid. I bit the bullet and paid for lifetime+ membership. I've also paid for listing upgrades and I was listing every item I had to sell here routinely. My results? Not a single sale here. And it's frustrating to spend money without results. So Ebid needs to promote itself. Ebid has a trust issue with buyers who are uncertain if they can count on items being sold here. Before I started selling regularly, I MIGHT have stumbled upon Ebid when I was searching for stuff to buy, but I couldn't tell you with absolute certainty if I did becasue I'd never heard of ebid before!

Ebid really needs to go after buyers. Explain WHY this place is better for the buyers than the competition? They've obviously drawn a number of sellers by explaining how sellers are better off here but I'm not seeing the buyers here!

Ebid, do you want to become extremely popular? Are you ready to see a boom in both buyers and sellers?? I strongly suggest advertising on national/syndicated talk radio shows. I listen to several of these every day and because I trust the hosts, I trust the advertisers! The topics aside, the hosts/stations give credibility to a site simply because they are advertised there and millions of people hear the advertisements. Newspaper ads don't reach nearly as far. TV ads are generally local or not in prime time viewing to do any good. And most people DVR stuff and skip the commercials anyway or stream stuff via the internet.. Radio ads still reach people!

I think its worth considering!

Forum Saint
    View adruml's Feedback (+1138)
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MPS16 View Post
    If it does not work for you, as you keep saying then the logical thing to do, given that you do not control the eBid platform is to move on to some where that is a better fit for your own selling methods,

And stop moaning.
    Moaning? I believe I was stating observations. There was no moaning involved. I apologize if you read everything you don't agree with as moaning.

Quote Originally Posted by bluebedouin View Post
    It is,very clearly in the Terms & Conditions that everyone confirms they've read before signing up.
    "eBid is only a Venue.
    Our site acts as the venue for sellers to conduct sales and for bidders to buy, offer or bid on sellers' listings."
    And that relates to my post how?

Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    View bluebedouin's Feedback (+107)
    All-About bluebedouin
    View bluebedouin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by adruml View Post
    ....And that relates to my post how?
    You can't be that obtuse surely.But I'll give you the benefit of the doubt & spell it out.

You said,"If eBid is the auction site/selling platform as every[one] in the forums describe, why then is it not presented that way prior to signing up?"

I replied that it is presented that way in that they say they are only a venue (selling platform) & quoted the relevant section in the T&C's.

Forum Saint
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MPS16 View Post
    If it does not work for you, as you keep saying then the logical thing to do, given that you do not control the eBid platform is to move on to some where that is a better fit for your own selling methods,

And stop moaning.
    You can't be that obtuse surely.But I'll give you the benefit of the doubt & spell it out.

You said,"If eBid is the auction site/selling platform as every[one] in the forums describe, why then is it not presented that way prior to signing up?"

I replied that it is presented that way in that they say they are only a venue (selling platform) & quoted the relevant section in the T&C's.
    Oh but it isn't. Maybe with the hindsight we now have we may get that out of the read but no I can't agree with that at all!

ok, with all that has been said, KNOWING the type of seller i am, take a look at this item of mine, tell me how google can help me sell this http://uk.ebid.net/for-sale/nobleman...-125583930.htm
    cos if there is more i could do, then i havent a clue
    Hi Guys, Please come and take a look at my items for sale.
    Check out the Baconbuttyman departments store..CLICK HERE

Check out the Baconbuttyman laptop, computer & Parts Store
    Many thanks Mick

Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    View bluebedouin's Feedback (+107)
    All-About bluebedouin
    View bluebedouin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by adruml View Post
    Oh but it isn't. Maybe with the hindsight we now have we may get that out of the read but no I can't agree with that at all!
    Please yourself.

Forum Saint
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Please yourself.
    Now that's a nice way of putting it! Thanks but I'll pass.

View Posbear's Feedback (+43)
    All-About Posbear
    View Posbear's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by baconbuttyman View Post
    ok, with all that has been said, KNOWING the type of seller i am, take a look at this item of mine, tell me how google can help me sell this http://uk.ebid.net/for-sale/nobleman...-125583930.htm
    This is aimed to help, not criticise..
    Firstly, it's a pewter tankard, I did an eBid search for pewter tankard and yours was not there.
    Why? you have pewterware as a keyword in your title. Separate that to 2 words and ditch the comma from the title.
    Nobleman pewter tankard Sheffield English pewterware

In your description the spelling is not good, make sure that your main keywords are echoed in it, Pewter, Tankard, Nobleman, Sheffield etc..
    Bulk up your description with size and weight.

I hope this might help you.
    Last edited by Poscar; 21st April 2014 at 05:09 PM.
    Graham

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it is about learning to dance in the rain.

Ipswich - The Jewel Of The East -, Suffolk, United Kingdom
    View squern's Feedback (+2196)
    All-About squern
    View squern's Listings
    Forum Posts

Don't know about Google, but there are a few things you could do:

Use more of your FREE photographs.
    Photograph against a plain background, or in a setting that suits the object.
    Lose the punctuation in the title - Google doesn't like it.
    Use more key words: Split pewterware into pewter ware to double the chances of a search hit. "beer" " Cider" "ale" would go in and expose the listing to different searchers.
    Tell us a bit more about the tankard - how big is it? how much does it hold? Would it make a marvellous gift for someone's 21st, or a fantastic pen-holder?
    Use larger text in the description.
    Check your spellings.

That ought to make a difference, and I'm sure other posters will also have suggestions.
    Best of luck

Forum Saint
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

If I were a collector of this type of item my title might be different but I would include Beer Stein or Beer Mug in the title along with Pewter.

Thread Information