My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: List untill sold - a question.

Default List untill sold - a question.

If I list an item as list untill sold and am paying for photos will I pay once or every time the item is re-listed.
    Thanks.

Forum Saint
    Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom
    View meebo1's Feedback (+7886)
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: List untill sold - a question.

run until sold means just that. there are no relists, so you will only pay once, unless you close the listing and then start it again

Quote Originally Posted by meebo1 View Post
    run until sold means just that. there are no relists, so you will only pay once, unless you close the listing and then start it again
    Thanks meebo. I'll try listing again here. I tried before but didn't have any luck so went back to you know who as I did make some sales there.
    It only ever gets worse over there, sales are fewer all the time and the constant changes are a nightmare. Soon more changes coming, something about sales with "defects" which will no doubt mean more punishment for low volume sellers.

I buy and sell in collectables and although out of 142 sales I've never had a neg. and only one neutral I find that about 1 in 4 of my buyers are leaving 4 DSR stars for comms. and postage. I've never had a parcel go missing or an item arrive damaged and the only time I have been asked for a refund was by a buyer who also sells glass. They implied that unless I gave a refund for a water mark I had failed to mention on a frosted vase they would leave low DSRs knowing that if I refused my selling account would be in danger of closure. Thats one way of seeing off the competition!

I only ever send a message to thank a buyer for their purchase unless they contact me. My postage is only ever the cost of RM stamps and I won't use couriers because they will not insure glass and of the four purchases I have made that were sent by courier 2 arrived safely, one was broken and one was never delivered..

If all sales with "defects" are to be held against sellers it will mean even more sellers having their accounts closed when buyers leave low DSRs so I think now is a good time to jump ship before I'm pushed. The hassle and agravation here can't be as bad as over there and even if sales are slower my selling will be more enjoyable and relaxed. I am not a business and try to make my buyers happy but am totally fed up with being treated like a potential criminal.

If you are a serious seller why not take the life time offer and then you won't have to worry about the cost of photos ? You would only pay a 2% fvf if you sell something with using the gallery option, plus you also get five free shops.

You would also get more exposure for your listings by not using 'run until sold' and using the 10 x auto reposting so your items rise to the top of the lists. Any money that you have spent on ebid in the past will come off the total for the lifetime upgrade.

Thread Information