eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Changes to Pinterest boards

View pastime's Feedback (+197)
    All-About pastime
    View pastime's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Changes to Pinterest boards

Bit disappointed to see from the Newsletter that pinning to eBid boards is being phased out. I was only just getting to grips with the whole thing and have noticed an increase in views (which, admittedly, hasn't led to more sales, but I was hopeful) since setting boards up. I'm assuming this is the reason I haven't received invites and may explain purplestevie's query also.
    I followed Deano's advice given in previous P't threads and set up each board with listings of 20 items and intended to rotate them over a period of time as well as pin different items to the eBid boards. It seemed great to get listings out of the confines of the eBid site and being on page 57 of google's shopping search - any ideas on the best way to utilise Pinterest now?
    Last edited by pastime; 27th March 2014 at 11:31 AM.

Default Re: Changes to Pinterest boards

I don't think it will make that much difference, they are creating new boards to pin to and you can make your own ebid boards, I have one board that I pin anything of interest on ebid and a lot of people have re pinned things from that, so your items can still be seen, so carry on.

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Disappointed, as we have spent a lot of time pinning to those. Will they disappear? Will the pins be gone?

So what is the point of all the ebid boards now? Any personal ebid boards anyone comes up with will be incomplete by comparison. I thought it was a site-wide, site-enhancing proposition, and have pinned many other people's items. As have many others. Was that a waste of time?
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

Forum Lurker
    All-About eBidSocial
    View eBidSocial's Listings
    Forum Posts

You can follow this guide on the blog.
    We will also be creating a mini series of ways to gain more followers and get even more traffic from your own Pinterest accounts/ boards very soon!
    Dean
    http://blog.ebid.net/2014/03/03/how-...ing-pinterest/

very disappointed as pinterest is where my second highest viewers come from after google paid search, the others seem a dead loss.

Forum Lurker
    All-About eBidSocial
    Forum Posts

There are more benifits to having your own personal account such as the followers you gain will be unique to yourself and interest specificly in your products, all the pins will be your own.
    Follow the guides on the blog to get the best out of Pinterest.
    Dean

View purplestevie's Feedback (+8205)
    All-About purplestevie
    View purplestevie's Listings
    Forum Posts

I think Dean is correct, it would be more beneficial to pin to our own boards, although i am a bit annoyed all my pinning (many of which was for others) has vanished! Its just a shame that Dean didnt have his brain wave earlier lol.
    I like the idea of featured sellers Dean but id like to see featured sellers that have not been active on pinterest at all. like wise for the inspirational boards

Quote Originally Posted by eBidSocial View Post
    There are more benifits to having your own personal account such as the followers you gain will be unique to yourself and interest specificly in your products, all the pins will be your own.
    Follow the guides on the blog to get the best out of Pinterest.
    Dean
    Can't you change your name! It is irritating

But I will back up what you say:

I have never pinned anything to the eBid Pinterest board - primarily the eBid board benefits eBid (or should do) and therefore if they want anything of mine to appear they can come and get it. A personal Pinterest board is far more powerful tool to the seller - more adaptable - less cluttered - more focused and you can also use it to target people with interests in what you sell.

The eBid board as it stands has little impact, I sort of guess the changes allow eBid to get back control and make it more focused and provide an impact for visitors.

I did read the newsletter - which shows that I don't pay much attention, because I didn't see anything about this

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

I have personal account, many personal boards, and followers. The followers I would gain that would be "unique" to me, doesn't seem to be the point of pinterest. Followers are more useful if they have followers........the more the merrier, and it's excellent if my followers also follow other eBidders.....and non-eBidders. My having the current eBid boards available for my followers to see and repin from (which they do) expands the potential customer base greatly, as far as I can tell, over just my pinning my eBid items to my personal ebid board (if I had one, which I don't).

I won't be able to see other eBidder's pins, necessarily, as I won't always know who they are,

Dean.....have read the blogs. Can you let us know why this change is happening, and why you or eBid think this will be an improvement? I'm not saying it might not......just saying I don't understand the benefits yet.
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

Forum Lurker
    All-About eBidSocial
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by purplestevie View Post
    I think Dean is correct, it would be more beneficial to pin to our own boards, although i am a bit annoyed all my pinning (many of which was for others) has vanished! Its just a shame that Dean didnt have his brain wave earlier lol.
    I like the idea of featured sellers Dean but id like to see featured sellers that have not been active on pinterest at all. like wise for the inspirational boards
    The featured sellers boards are run in line with the featured stores series on the blog. A member who gets a Featured Store spot on the blog gets a Pinterest Featured sellers board for a month, with selected picks from their listings.

90% of the boards eBid members were able to pin to are still active on eBids Pinterest page and will be for a while, as is your pins. the boards will be phased out in a time frame to coincide with items having expired at eBid ,to allow everyone to create their own Pinterest accounts and customize them to their own style and boards.

The new approach taken by eBid on Pinterest is due to a number of reasons, and is all part of our long term strategy on Pinterest. We have seen a huge uptake on members using their own accounts for Pinterest and results from our analytics show it is driving more traffic to your listings than ever before.

Quote Originally Posted by HerMajesty View Post
    I have personal account, many personal boards, and followers. The followers I would gain that would be "unique" to me, doesn't seem to be the point of pinterest. Followers are more useful if they have followers........the more the merrier, and it's excellent if my followers also follow other eBidders.....and non-eBidders. My having the current eBid boards available for my followers to see and repin from (which they do) expands the potential customer base greatly, as far as I can tell, over just my pinning my eBid items to my personal eBid board (if I had one, which I don't).

I won't be able to see other eBidder's pins, necessarily, as I won't always know who they are,

Dean.....have read the blogs. Can you let us know why this change is happening, and why you or eBid think this will be an improvement? I'm not saying it might not......just saying I don't understand the benefits yet.
    Apologies, i may have worded that wrong. you are correct, repins from other members will increase your reach to new customers, what i meant was that if you have your own account then the followers you gain will be following because they are interested specificly in your products, and there is a good chance their followers also have the same interests etc.

Having your own account also means you can change around your boards to promote products you want to highlight more than others. You can still pin to eBids boards at present and it's good to repin, comment and like other members pins.

The inspirational boards we currently have on the eBid page are part of a mini series we have and we will continue to add new boards and pins to show the wide range of excellent listings eBid has to offer.

We will also be publishing a series of blog posts giving you tips on how to gain more followers, repins, likes and create a successful easy to manage Pinterest experience to enhance your eBid sales

Dean
    Last edited by eBidSocial; 28th March 2014 at 03:20 PM.

Thread Information