Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I got a feeling

Default I got a feeling

I got a NPB, bought 8 items in 1 sale all the same, not yet paid, bought 22nd March already sent 2 reminders but no payment, I even cancelled the original invoice to send a correct invoice and told the buyer this, Question asked if they were having problems paying but so far no response. Now without any aggro or anything that would get this thread pulled by Mr Fred Pulla. even though it's now been 4 days I want a trueful opinion, do I open a NPB against them or shall I wait until Saturday to do the NPB action against them this person already has a +3 positive rating for immediate payment
    Don't walk in front of me..I may not follow-don't walk behind me..I may not lead-just walk beside me and be my friend.
    Albert Camus

PERSONAL RECORD SET
    27hours 30minutes without sleep

Default Re: I got a feeling

I would wait Craig, four days isn't long at all. I usually wait at least a week, if not more, before starting to send payment reminders.

Anything could have happened their computer might have problems, they could be ill or have a family member ill, they might just be waiting for pay day at the end of the month. If they have positive feedback then I would give them a bit of time.

Quote Originally Posted by craig7501 View Post
    I got a NPB, bought 8 items in 1 sale all the same, not yet paid, bought 22nd March already sent 2 reminders but no payment, I even cancelled the original invoice to send a correct invoice and told the buyer this, Question asked if they were having problems paying but so far no response. Now without any aggro or anything that would get this thread pulled by Mr Fred Pulla. even though it's now been 4 days I want a trueful opinion, do I open a NPB against them or shall I wait until Saturday to do the NPB action against them this person already has a +3 positive rating for immediate payment
    I too think waiting is appropriate sometimes people simply get busy and it slips their mind. Maybe some friendly type of reminders would be in order. IMHHO

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

I wait at least 7 days before sending invoice reminders.

I always wait at least several days, especially if the buyer already bought more than one item. He may be thinking about more of your items, and of course wants to get combined shipping savings. I would hate to lose an additional sale or two because I made the buyer feel rushed.

Of course, I don't get bent out of shape by non-paying buyers anyway, it doesn't cost me anything and relisting is easy. Still . . . what's the hurry?

View Posbear's Feedback (+43)
    All-About Posbear
    View Posbear's Listings
    Forum Posts

I too have an NPB.

They won item on Sunday, no payment yet, I will wait til this Sunday and send a reminder, 4 days later they will get the NPB note.

What is annoying is that the buyer has bought from 2 other sellers after winning mine and got feedback for being an instant payer.!
    Graham

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it is about learning to dance in the rain.

View shezz's Feedback (+360)
    All-About shezz
    View shezz's Listings
    Forum Posts

I'm rather perplexed over the amount of time giving to buyers to pay for goods,

as an avid online buyer I buy and I pay simples and 99 .9% of the time straight away, or if I do a late nite purchase I may leave it till the next morning at the latest, no way would I be able to walk in any shop fill my basket go to the till, put it through, then walk aways and say I will be back next week.

And yes Jay I know I owe you money lol will pay it tomorrow if your reading this,

Am I the only buyer with that frame of mind
    Life is serious but taking it too seriously robs you of
    happiness, fun and productivity

Normally, I pay straight away, but there have been some occasions when I have been looking at other items and the days have gone by without me realizing. Because I am 100% honest, it doesn't always cross my mind that sellers dont know that!
    I would normally wait a week before I sent a reminder, I would much rather a sale with a late payment than no sale at all.

Seems they've been crossed out now and is no longer an active member
    Last edited by craig7501; 27th March 2014 at 01:57 PM.
    Don't walk in front of me..I may not follow-don't walk behind me..I may not lead-just walk beside me and be my friend.
    Albert Camus

PERSONAL RECORD SET
    27hours 30minutes without sleep

Forum Master
    View poppa501's Feedback (+642)
    All-About poppa501
    View poppa501's Listings
    Forum Posts

I always demand an invoice before paying in order to avoid dump and run sellers. Unless of course I have purchased from them in the past. Then I usually pay immediately.

Thread Information