eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Some ideas for ebid - No 5 - Drop some things

Default Re: Some ideas for ebid - No 5 - Drop some things

Quote Originally Posted by Juliebabe25 View Post
    Some ideas for ebid - No 5 - Drop some things.

I think there are 3 or 4 things that ebid could drop and put their energy into building the site up in a big way.

These are

YDC Charity auctions
    PPpay
    Buddy Points

To my mind these have all done their time and are a bit quaint.

If ebid dropped them and then chose one or two new promotional ideas to replace them it could be good.
    ................. ............. Thanks for the morning laugh !

To be fair I think that dumping PPPay could happen and very few people would notice. It's never really had the level of support that it should have and has for years been more of a hindrance than a help.

Buddy Points are not so great either. Some years back it was possible to earn a decent amount of them and they were worth having. Then the goal posts moved and the reward values went down a long way. Now, unless you are getting dozens of people to sign up, it's almost impossible to earn enough to make them worth having. It also doesn't help that for most people the only items that are affordable (with BP's) are the lower end of the promotional items. If the scheme were revamped so that a decent level of points could be earned and then used in part exchange against eBid purchases, then maybe they'd be worth keeping.

However, YDC has very little to do with eBid. It is not their idea and they don't run it - neither should they gain any credit for it. Whether it needs updating in some way is more a question for those participating in it.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pink_Panther View Post
    OMG!

Get yer tin hat on! Yer in for some flack!
    That's possibly the idea, attention seeking. Like the child that doesn't mind getting a smack as long as it means that they are the centre of attention.

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by damian_steele View Post
    To be fair I think that dumping PPPay could happen and very few people would notice. It's never really had the level of support that it should have and has for years been more of a hindrance than a help.

Buddy Points are not so great either. Some years back it was possible to earn a decent amount of them and they were worth having. Then the goal posts moved and the reward values went down a long way. Now, unless you are getting dozens of people to sign up, it's almost impossible to earn enough to make them worth having. It also doesn't help that for most people the only items that are affordable (with BP's) are the lower end of the promotional items. If the scheme were revamped so that a decent level of points could be earned and then used in part exchange against eBid purchases, then maybe they'd be worth keeping.

However, YDC has very little to do with eBid. It is not their idea and they don't run it - neither should they gain any credit for it. Whether it needs updating in some way is more a question for those participating in it.
    2 out of 3 ain't bad - thanks!
    And of course I had not realized that YDC was not run by ebid, so my apologies to all the people that run it and support it.
    I have ammended my OP.
    Last edited by Juliebabe25; 20th March 2014 at 10:08 AM.

View FBNeNotes's Feedback (+1108)
    All-About FBNeNotes
    View FBNeNotes's Listings
    Forum Posts

Trolling..
    refers to any Internet user behavior that is meant to intentionally anger or frustrate someone else in order to provoke a response.

Ipswich - The Jewel Of The East -, Suffolk, United Kingdom
    View squern's Feedback (+2196)
    All-About squern
    View squern's Listings
    Forum Posts

Now here's an idea:
    Instead of coming on the forum with ideas for quick fixes that won't get much support, so won't be implemented, propose something that we can all do to improve the site.
    Something that each of us is capable of doing, and which individually may not look earth-shattering, but cumulatively could make a big difference.

Here it is:

LIST MORE.

There you are, a solution in two words.
    I am sure that listing more items would show a similar increase in sales - one surely follows the other.

If each seller tried to double the amount of listings, the result could be remarkable. Buyers will go to where the good buys are.
    I realise that sellers with thousands of listing could probably not do this easily, but we small listers could.

I intend to try, anyway, and also to widen the range of my offerings. Anyone game to join in? Julie?

Seems a more likely route to improvement than cosmetic changes to the site.

Forum Master
    View tony41's Feedback (+10051)
    All-About tony41
    View tony41's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by somersethedge View Post
    Give it a rest Julie..... If you dont like the site the way it is then leave and go elsewhere
    I second that. With just three listings you won't be missed.

And of course I had not realized that YDC was not run by ebid, so my apologies to all the people that run it and support it.
    I have ammended my OP.

Well you have been a member since 2010 and you haven't even figured that out so I suggest you would be better off following Squern's good advice rather than telling eBid how you think they should run their business !

Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    View bluebedouin's Feedback (+107)
    All-About bluebedouin
    View bluebedouin's Listings
    Forum Posts

.... I had not realized that YDC was not run by ebid,.....
    Which sums you up precisely.You make sweeping statements about things you know nothing about,because you can't be bothered to research them properly.
    Haven't you got the message yet?No one is interested in your half baked ideas.

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by squern View Post
    Now here's an idea:
    Instead of coming on the forum with ideas for quick fixes that won't get much support, so won't be implemented, propose something that we can all do to improve the site.
    Something that each of us is capable of doing, and which individually may not look earth-shattering, but cumulatively could make a big difference.

Here it is:

LIST MORE.

There you are, a solution in two words.
    I am sure that listing more items would show a similar increase in sales - one surely follows the other.

If each seller tried to double the amount of listings, the result could be remarkable. Buyers will go to where the good buys are.
    I realise that sellers with thousands of listing could probably not do this easily, but we small listers could.

I intend to try, anyway, and also to widen the range of my offerings. Anyone game to join in? Julie?

Seems a more likely route to improvement than cosmetic changes to the site.
    Yes a great idea, and one that we have all talked about for many years.
    But how do you propose to get everyone to list more.
    It has not happened yet, so why will it happen now?

My suggestions are not cosmetic.
    They are meant to be game changers.

Thread Information