My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: ebid ideas

Default Re: ebid ideas - give the impression of growth.

Quote Originally Posted by burgyeb View Post
    A duplicate is a duplicate if it has the exact same title, and same picture. I do have some coins and other items listed that are differentiated by only a number, i.e., 1 of 3, 2 of 3, 3 of 3. Even though it may still be seen as possibly boring, they are not duplicates. I would not list more than a few like this, even though I have more to list. Might consider lot sales.
    I totally agree with you

View madelaine's Feedback (+5872)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

Generally, the eBid anti-duplicate rule is a good thing. We have previously discussed the fact that it is rather heavy-handed when a seller has made just one mistake.

But, as ever, the judgement between "an idiot flooding the category" and "sensible slightly different items" and "sensible seller made a mistake" is difficult for software.
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

Forum Diehard
    Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View cerealmunkee's Feedback (+1334)
    All-About cerealmunkee
    View cerealmunkee's Listings
    Forum Posts

So....is the conclusion that if a seller has multiples of the same item in different conditions then they should only be allowed to list one single item on this site?....so....what they do with the other items that they have?....will they be forced to list on another site and therefore increase the other sites listings and improve their sales potential.?

Yes, I think if you have a bunch of the same thing... Just list one and relist when it sells also telling people you have many of the same. I don't like seeing the same "shoe" for example listed 25Xs.

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cerealmunkee View Post
    So....is the conclusion that if a seller has multiples of the same item in different conditions then they should only be allowed to list one single item on this site?....so....what they do with the other items that they have?....will they be forced to list on another site and therefore increase the other sites listings and improve their sales potential.?
    I think if your items are in different conditions, or different sizes, etc, then they are different.........if you have 100 new t-shirts, then make one listing, and let people buy how many they want of the identical item.
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

It depends on the type of item. I deal in coins and they come in various grades, conditions, varieties, die types, and so on. To give an example. Say I list several 1943 Mercury Dimes. Even though a few of them may be the same grade, they are different in appearance. This can be due to toning, patina, dye strike or condition. If I'm subject to only listing one of these, because of their category and year, then I'm dead in the water for listing.

Granted there are some sellers that abuse the listing rules, but before anyone passes judgement, things need to be considered about the items or categories in question.

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cerealmunkee View Post
    So...is the conclusion that if a seller has multiples of the same item in different conditions then they should only be allowed to list one single item on this site?....so....what they do with the other items that they have?....will they be forced to list on another site and therefore increase the other sites listings and improve their sales potential.?
    No, I do not think that is the conclusion. The broad area of collectibles is an appropriate category for listing more than one item. However, basic principles should be used, i.e., the titles should vary, the picture should vary or a comment addressing why the picture is same, etc.

We certainly would not benefit from potential loss of listings by enforcing such a rule.

Quote Originally Posted by CopperLocker View Post
    It depends on the type of item. I deal in coins and they come in various grades, conditions, varieties, die types, and so on. To give an example. Say I list several 1943 Mercury Dimes. Even though a few of them may be the same grade, they are different in appearance. This can be due to toning, patina, dye strike or condition. If I'm subject to only listing one of these, because of their category and year, then I'm dead in the water for listing.

Granted there are some sellers that abuse the listing rules, but before anyone passes judgement, things need to be considered about the items or categories in question.
    This is a very good example of why the collectible category of coins, should be allowed to list more than one item.

Yes coins or anything that varys in condition should be described separately. I don't like seeing things that are the same listed a gazillion times. Why?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebideclectics View Post
    Yes, I think if you have a bunch of the same thing... Just list one and relist when it sells also telling people you have many of the same. I don't like seeing the same "shoe" for example listed 25Xs.

View FBNeNotes's Feedback (+1108)
    All-About FBNeNotes
    View FBNeNotes's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ebideclectics View Post
    Yes coins or anything that varys in condition should be described separately. I don't like seeing things that are the same listed a gazillion times. Why?
    All you need to do is list One.. and show the Quantity in the appropriate box.
    I have been doing that for at least 20 Years online.. no problem. And a Huge plus for eBid is that they have and show a Quantity column.

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: ebid ideas

For identical items, use the selling multiples option. (New widgets, new white t-shirts size L, new Bentley automobiles....)

For same category items, of various condition, use separate listings. (New vs used vs extremely used.....stamps, coins, comics, used Bentley automobiles with varying milage, paint wear, tire condition, etc... ,,,,anything that has condition issues that appeal to different buyers.)

imho - simples
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

Thread Information