My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: ebid ideas

Default Re: ebid ideas - give the impression of growth.

Certain collectibles have different conditions for example comic books, say a seller has 4 copies of Harley Quinn #1. 1 copy is Mint another is NM another is VF and the last one is Fine. The seller should be able to list all 4 since they are not in the same condition.

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

I agree, Haley's.....I've bought comics for my grandsons to read.....and I buy the least expensive kind. If I were a collector, I'd probably want the top condition one. Different items, different audience.
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

Forum Lurker
    View james1968's Feedback (+159)
    All-About james1968
    View james1968's Listings
    Forum Posts

Yes, I will admit to not having listed anything since 2012. I have spent a not inconsiderable amount of time working every hour available in an attempt to persuade my Boss to turn my temp. job into a permanent one. This did not work and as of Nov. 2013, I became unemployed once again & my efforts have switched to getting a job. In fact, I haven't even listed anything on the 'bay (mainly down to having sold-off everything before in an attempt to clear my debts).

I have now discovered a good source of bits and pieces and will be starting to list again next week.

I will say however, that I have also been helping a friend who runs a clothing shop get selling online. I set him up an account on fleebay and then explained their 'variations' listings to him. He likes the idea of 'variations' listings as I can set-up one listing with all his beanies on and another with all his snapbacks on another and so on.
    I then discussed opening accounts on Amazon and here, on ebid. He is still mulling-over Amazon, but due to the lack of the 'variations' listing format, he has ruled Ebid out entirely as he is not computer literate (it took me over an hour just to educate him on how to delete his old emails), so whilst he can manage to manage the variations listings, he would struggle to manage many singular listings (mainly down to no-one actually creating a stock-management program that works with Ebid).

He has around 50 individual lines that he would like to list. Of which 10 have a multitude of sub-products. I just wonder how many other businesses are put off joining Ebid by the lack of such simple things as variations listings & the ability to integrate Ebid listings management into their stock control systems.
    All good things come to those who wait, and wait, and wait.....

Forum Master
    View tony41's Feedback (+10028)
    All-About tony41
    View tony41's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by madelaine View Post
    I totally agree with you, Tony. Though it will be difficult to police.
    Could be done with the help of members (sorry Julie et al). A bit of effort at first would soon pay off, but eBid should send an email whenever they remove a duplicated listing stating what and why it has been deleted.

Forum Master
    View tony41's Feedback (+10028)
    All-About tony41
    View tony41's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HaleysComics View Post
    Certain collectibles have different conditions for example comic books, say a seller has 4 copies of Harley Quinn #1. 1 copy is Mint another is NM another is VF and the last one is Fine. The seller should be able to list all 4 since they are not in the same condition.
    Yes, I agree for comics BUT you would not be listing LITERALLY 100 copies of the same issue.

Quote Originally Posted by HaleysComics View Post
    This is acceptable right now. Make sure you have an actual photo of each issue, and list the condition in the title. The prices will be different for each issue, too. This is not an example of multiple listings of the same item.

Quote Originally Posted by TiasTreasures View Post
    This is acceptable right now. Make sure you have an actual photo of each issue, and list the condition in the title. The prices will be different for each issue, too. This is not an example of multiple listings of the same item.
    Just having different pictures and prices is not enough. The title has to be different or the Ebid "bots" pick it up as an identical listing. I listed to completely different postcards a while ago, but put the exact same title (different images and different price); one was deleted. That is why I now have a stock number at the beginning of my title. There is a limit how many variations in the title you can create for let's say Westminster Abbey unless the title was much longer and you could put publisher, person it's sent to, etc in the title.

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by somersethedge View Post
    I agree with you ... but when is a duplicate a duplicate, taking stamps as an example... a mint stamp is the same as the next mint stamp, but a used stamp is very different to another used stamp. Therefore if I were to list 100 (exaggeration) of the same denomination used stamps is that a duplication, each of the used stamps is individual due to where the postmark is on the stamp therefore technically they are not a duplicated listing, but I would still hate to scroll down a 100 of the same denomination stamps . I'm sure the same could be said about circulated coins, there maybe a different mark on one than on another but they are all the same denomination and pattern
    A duplicate is a duplicate if it has the exact same title, and same picture. I do have some coins and other items listed that are differentiated by only a number, i.e., 1 of 3, 2 of 3, 3 of 3. Even though it may still be seen as possibly boring, they are not duplicates. I would not list more than a few like this, even though I have more to list. Might consider lot sales.

I could see one mint stamp being quite different from another even if in the exact same category, type, or denomination. If photographed separately they would still differ by minute characteristics or quality. Same could be said for coins. The buyer would decide from the descriptions and photos which one they wanted. I have listed say 10 Morgan Silver Dollars or 10 Mercury Dimes separately and sold all to different bidders.

I have some stamps that I could list individually, if I took a picture of each one. Instead, I listed as quantity x, and included in description that they were same denomination, same grade, but variation in postmark. Time may determine how I decide to list them. In the case of stamps, it is probably best to list them separately, unless selling as a lot. In the case of coins, it is also probably best in most cases to get pictures of the individual coins. I do not worry about individual item listings for say mining pans, as they are new and exactly the same, with no grade differentiation.

P.S. The worse thing about a duplicate listing would be if the seller only had 1 item available to sell.

Forum Diehard
    Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View cerealmunkee's Feedback (+1334)
    All-About cerealmunkee
    View cerealmunkee's Listings
    Forum Posts

Without a doubt....in the case of collectibles , i'd say that duplicates are necessary and in all fairness the normal way of things....for example , lets say you're a seller of comics then its common to find that you'll hold many identical items as inventory, the factor that'll differentiate one from the other will be condition, and as all collectors know.....condition is everything, so to me its natural that you'll find "duplicate" listings from any serious seller of collectibles.
    This is a good thing and as long as the seller in question knows what they're doing and is capable of creating good listings that draw even more interest to the site....then i'd say that this should be encouraged.

Forum Saint
    View tonyreddevil's Feedback (+74)
    All-About tonyreddevil
    View tonyreddevil's Listings
    Forum Posts

This is a good thing and as long as the seller in question knows what they're doing and is capable of creating good listings that draw even more interest to the site....then i'd say that this should be encouraged. Definitely

Thread Information