Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: ebid ideas

Forum Diehard
    Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View cerealmunkee's Feedback (+1334)
    All-About cerealmunkee
    View cerealmunkee's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: ebid ideas - give the impression of growth.

Maybe then.....Ebid could ....if they have time and spare capacity.....ebcourage all sellers to offer overseas shipping, personally....i can't see much point in listing if i don't offer overseas shipping, and the only times that i don't offer it is when an item including packaging weighs over 2 kg or the total dimensions exceed the airmail limit.

I've never understood anyone who refuses to ship to destinations as safe as the USA, Canada, NZ, Australia etc. I've sold some things to the US and Australia ....not to mention the various EU countries....all from Ebid.
    This in a small way addresses what i believe to be what the site needs....namely more sellers, i don't seriously believe that the issue lies with a lack of buyers, but rather a shortage of the desirable things that people are looking for.

Like one poster has already mentioned....many of their buyers happen to be newly registered....almost every one of the buyers who find me are newly registered too.

Forum Saint
    View adruml's Feedback (+1138)
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

It costs nothing to offer to ship worldwide. I choose worldwide then delete/uncheck countries I won't ship to. Still no cost, other than exposure.

Quote Originally Posted by madelaine View Post
    Why should eBid give the impression of growth? It is growing. Well over half my sales are to newbies and my listings total goes up every day (unless I sell more than I have time to list).
    My most recent 16 sold listings are still on My eBid panel (I remove them after I do the bookkeeping).

All except two of them are NEW members, who apparently joined to buy the item from me. I think this indicates growth.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Juliebabe25 View Post
    I never said how many would be in my numbered series, but on looking at my notes, I hope to be able to get to 14.
    Name:  GG.jpg
Views: 134
Size:  135.9 KB

Forum Saint
    View Pink_Panther's Feedback (+177)
    All-About Pink_Panther
    View Pink_Panther's Listings
    Forum Posts

Ok. Anyone who has had sales in March please start a thread of "March sales" and every month thereafter to show everyone that there are sales on ebid.

Now that is growth and presented where it can be seen.

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    Name:  GG.jpg
Views: 134
Size:  135.9 KB

Brilliant

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Uh, is this borrowed thread being used to house idea #4? Well 4 the record, do not like the idea of duplicates. It is boring to look at, and if you do not have the duplicate item available, it does not make for good customer relations. Probably an idea to motivate listings from available stuff would be more helpful in increasing total listings on eBid. Did I read something about ideas 5 and 6 coming up somewhere?

Quote Originally Posted by burgyeb View Post
    Well 4 the record, do not like the idea of duplicates.
    I agree with you ... but when is a duplicate a duplicate, taking stamps as an example... a mint stamp is the same as the next mint stamp, but a used stamp is very different to another used stamp. Therefore if I were to list 100 (exaggeration) of the same denomination used stamps is that a duplication, each of the used stamps is individual due to where the postmark is on the stamp therefore technically they are not a duplicated listing, but I would still hate to scroll down a 100 of the same denomination stamps . I'm sure the same could be said about circulated coins, there maybe a different mark on one than on another but they are all the same denomination and pattern

Forum Master
    View tony41's Feedback (+10028)
    All-About tony41
    View tony41's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by somersethedge View Post
    I agree with you ... but when is a duplicate a duplicate, taking stamps as an example... a mint stamp is the same as the next mint stamp, but a used stamp is very different to another used stamp. Therefore if I were to list 100 (exaggeration) of the same denomination used stamps is that a duplication, each of the used stamps is individual due to where the postmark is on the stamp therefore technically they are not a duplicated listing, but I would still hate to scroll down a 100 of the same denomination stamps . I'm sure the same could be said about circulated coins, there maybe a different mark on one than on another but they are all the same denomination and pattern
    You may jest about listing 100 examples of a used issue but you may remember that this used to happen on the Belgian site. One seller would list over 100 used examples of the same issue (I could name him).
    IMHO, I think that the duplicate listings rule should apply to used stamps. If I have a number of used examples of the same issue I select a good one and list that. If that one sells, I choose a second example and list that and so on.
    IF ebid is to encourage large sellers it is essential that the "no duplicate" rule should be enforced especially for collectibles like stamps and coins).

View madelaine's Feedback (+5872)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

I totally agree with you, Tony. Though it will be difficult to police.
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

Thread Information