Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: new shoe shop needs help finding buyers

Forum Newbie
    All-About heavenlyheels
    View heavenlyheels's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: new shoe shop needs help finding buyers

Quote Originally Posted by squern View Post
    I fear you might be regarding eBid customers as the same as eBay - they're not.

I used to "lose" about 1 in 60 of my parcels on eBay. On eBid, I haven't "lost" a single one.

One of the joys of eBid is that it is very different to eBay, and so are the buyers (in my experience). You will also get support and back-up from the Customer Support people.

Don't worry about the signatures, you don't need them.
    I hope i havent offended ebidders with my comment about customers receiving parcels then wanting refunds for unreceived parcels, i only have ebay to compare to and thats not the best comparison for anything this is all part of the reason why iv chosen to move from there to here

Forum Newbie
    All-About heavenlyheels
    View heavenlyheels's Listings
    Forum Posts

Well thank you everyone for all your feedback i have taken all points made on board and have revised all my listings. I have lowered my prices as much as i can i have made my p&p costs visible iv also deleted all my shoes that were still selling on ebay, iv put a brand name to my shoes hopefully this will make a difference, if anyone can see anything else i could be doing the advice would be much appreciated. Thanks again folks

HI Heaven, Welcome to the friendliest most personable place there is. (always a bad apple) I don't think it is personal. Some just express how they do and as we all know tone does not translate well. That is why I add a lot off hahas and smiles. OK so I have not done well here in sales. I keep things for sale all over the place. As long as you are not paying ahead out of pocket. Some money is better than none. I don't know how anyone sells shoes and am proud of you for doing it. There are probably more shoes than anything. What I will say is that I have done VERY well in that dept! I don't know how or why but I will tell you what I did. I have sold all I had. First ones sold were boots. I had some black leather lace up hi heel knee hi boots. I used the word "sexy" I thought they were! Appeal to how a man or woman or your other will notice and appreciates a person who knows how to dress and look great in these. Another pair were brown textured called Poppys. I think I just found the right customer or they found me. My husband takes great photos and I believe I give good description. Those were photoed on a rock. I guess be imaginative and artistic about it all. It takes a lot of time. Now for the big money makers. Not your forte but Wow what a seller!!! We inherited shoes from my father in law. Very fine Hand Crafted Italian shoes. Not hard to talk them up. Boy...They sold like ice cream on a hot day! I guess my best advice and I think what worked (cause who really knows) was appealing to peoples vanity. Sex sells. Things like...A woman will or in your case of shoes, A man will notice how very sexy you look in these and knows when a woman knows how to dress. That kinda thing. I don't know but that is what I did and they all sold. So, I must have done something right. We sold the mens with the trees and bags if we had them. We made sure our photos showed all and complete. Unfortunatle there will always be those who try to low ball you but that's just how it goes. I make most of my sales by MAO or Best Offer. Then I get to deal with the people rather than the people auctioning against each other. Just like with may things I would make them a bit higher so you have wiggle room. I put into my ads why I charge what I do. Ship cost plus item. Zero for all of my work and materials. Try free ship built in and ship charge. You will figure out which works best for you. Maybe it will be different for different items. People pay for quality. I wish you well new ebid.bud and many happy sales. I also communicate a lot with my customers. As soon as they buy I thank them, Let them know as soon as the item is on it's way and just keep them informed. OK, that's all I have to offer. I hope it helps. Once I read... "If it doesn't sell, raise the price". Funny but that has worked a couple a few times as well. Let an item expire. When you do relist at $5 bucks more they are so glad they did not lose out they will just get it. OK now I think that's it. Good Luck One more idea... Have you thought of listing them as/under a weapon haha or maybe in the description. Sexy or real...They look dangerous haha
    Last edited by Ebideclectics; 15th March 2014 at 02:42 AM.

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

Also if you price the postage separately, then someone may buy two pairs from you and you could offer a discount on the postage.

We could tall about the pros and cons of free shipping for ever.
    Last edited by Juliebabe25; 15th March 2014 at 03:44 AM.

Forum Diehard
    Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View cerealmunkee's Feedback (+1334)
    All-About cerealmunkee
    View cerealmunkee's Listings
    Forum Posts

If you're using the likes of Hermes or collectplus for your deliveries, then i'm sure that you're aware that they offer full tracking by default and this even includes confirmation that the recipient has received their package, secondly paypal require electronic confirmation of delivery, which both
    already mentioned carriers provide....so effectively....you're covered.
    I'm not sure what your shoes weigh along with their packaging, but Royal Mail 2nd class small parcel rate is £2.60 (£2.80 after next month), and allow a package up to the dimensions of 25cm x 35cm x 16cm, and the weight limit is up to 1KG....do your shoes exceed any of these figures?,, i they fall into this size and weight band then you can offer even lower rates, and....any item with a value up to £20 is covered in the event of loss or damage.

Make certain that your packages are fit to survive their journey, include a return address in the box, on the outer of the box, and on the wrapping paper, make sure that the address label is weather proof by using wide clear adhesive tape to cover it. This will lessen the chances of loss.

Quote Originally Posted by cerealmunkee View Post
    I'm not sure what your shoes weigh along with their packaging, but Royal Mail 2nd class small parcel rate is £2.60 (£2.80 after next month), and allow a package up to the dimensions of 25cm x 35cm x 16cm, and the weight limit is up to 1KG....do your shoes exceed any of these figures?,, i they fall into this size and weight band then you can offer even lower rates, and....any item with a value up to £20 is covered in the event of loss or damage.
    Yes, and at the end of the month 1 - 2kg will be reduced to £3.80 which will make it cheaper than myHermes

hi all ,i have just tweeted this thread,hope it helps,follow us at www.twitter.com/hadenoughofebay and [url]www.facebook.com/fedupwithebaycometoebid we are trying to help all the unhappy ebay sellers take notice of ebid and also let buyers know of its existance,do join us in our quest.More sellers=more buyers=more sales. i'm in the process of uploading items via ninja from ebay. x
    Last edited by Darcys_baby_deals; 30th April 2014 at 11:52 AM.

Hi there to Darcys Baby Deals!
    Only Top Labels has made it here!
    Seen your posts on ebay forum and think we have tweeted etc. each other.
    I agree 100% - lets all try and get buyers and sellers over here.
    Need to sneak in as many references to Ebid as we possibly can on the Ebay forums!
    I have now transferred all my listings over here with Turbo and Ninja Listers but still have to go into each listing and tweak.
    Incidently, the facebook link above does not work for me I just get:
    " Sorry, this page isn't available
    The link you followed may be broken, or the page may have been removed."
    when I click on it.
    Also, I must be thick - how do you create a new post on here - just want to introduce myself but can't for the life of me see where to create a new thread/post??
    Thanks
    Lynda
    Last edited by topdesignerlabels; 30th April 2014 at 11:31 AM. Reason: to add signature

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Lynda - go to eBid Forums top right of this page. Click, then look at the bold purple headings of various thread topics. The Kitchen Table is the most general and probably most read. Click the bold header you want your new thread in, then click the Post New Thread button and dive in! good luck! Linda
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

Thanks so much Linda - I'm off the starting block!

Thread Information