eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: new shoe shop needs help finding buyers

Forum Newbie
    All-About heavenlyheels
    View heavenlyheels's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default new shoe shop needs help finding buyers

Hi, I have just moved from ebay to ebid and have opened my first shoe shop, i am still uploading new listings so only have a few shoes on just now but i was wondering if any ebidders could be so kind as to look at my shop at http://heavenly-heels.ebid.net/ and give me any ideas on how to better myself and how to bring in those elusive buyers.
    Thank you for reading this post.

Default Re: new shoe shop needs help finding buyers

Welcome to eBid, I wish I could still wear those 'killer heels' . I would suggest that you create a flyer and send one to all your previous customers to let them know where they can find you. Search the forums and learn about Pinterest and Google+ which is promoted by eBid. You will receive a lot of replies to this thread from members who have a lot more experience and who do well on eBid. Good luck.

You have all of your shoes set at 'free shipping' is that correct?
    Last edited by asktricia; 14th March 2014 at 02:03 PM. Reason: To add an observance

What size are you requiring?

8-14, 16-18, XL, XXL or XXXL
    We have your legs covered, from your desktop to your door – we do all the legwork!

Ladies Legwear & Accessories for all occasions

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi and welcome to eBid. Some suggestions, if you haven't already tried them:

1) Add a signature link to your posts, so members can click to view your listings.
    2) List as many items as you can; it's free to list and relist and the more items you list, the more potential sales.
    3) Use 7-10 day listings with auto repost to ensure your items move up searches.
    4) Let former customers from other sites know you're selling here.
    5) Use social networking (Twitter, Facebook, personal blog, etc.) to promote your listings.
    6) Use Plug Your Auctions on the forum (1x per 24 hours - delete old plug before adding new one) to promote your listings.
    7) Offer international shipping whenever possible to widen your potential customer base.
    8) Tell everyone you know and meet about eBid.
    9) Buy a few inexpensive items to increase your feedback and support the site.
    10) Get involved in eBid activities, as the monthly YDC charity auctions, if you're so inclined; it's a great way to raise monies for good causes and it helps raise your profile in the eBid community.
    11) Check out the Help videos and read Astral's FAQs page, lots of good info. in both places.

http://www.mootango.webspace.virginmedia.com/ebidkb.htm

12) If seller+, use your 5 free stores to organize your items so potential buyers can find them more easily.
    13) Use MaO (if it's your thing) or offer combined shipping or other discounts (if feasible) to encourage potential customers to check out your items.

Oh and have fun.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyheels View Post
    Hi, I have just moved from ebay to ebid and have opened my first shoe shop, i am still uploading new listings so only have a few shoes on just now but i was wondering if any ebidders could be so kind as to look at my shop at http://heavenly-heels.ebid.net/ and give me any ideas on how to better myself and how to bring in those elusive buyers.
    Thank you for reading this post.

I would ask that you check the FVF here on eBid - you will find it is 2% for a gallery listing. As a SELLER+ your shop is free. In comparison the bay charges £19.99 per month (every month) for a shop and the FVF's are significantly higher.

So.......

Why are your items more expensive on here than you have them on the bay? Why should an eBid member have to pay a £1.50 premium on every single item. As you accept offers on your items on the bay then the premium is actually even more.

By doing this you are shooting yourself in the high heels.

Talking about high heels - you don't actually sell any. A valuable keyword for your items would be high which would then encompass a common search term high heels

Why are your items more expensive on here than you have them on the bay? Why should an eBid member have to pay a £1.50 premium on every single item. As you accept offers on your items on the bay then the premium is actually even more.
    Absolutely right. But I get shot down in flames whenever I have the temerity to mention other people's prices.

But it happens time and time again.

Keep your prices down, pay attention to Deanosaur's advice on keywords, and you will sell those heavenly heels.

Quote Originally Posted by deanosaur1972 View Post
    I would ask that you check the FVF here on eBid - you will find it is 2% for a gallery listing. As a SELLER+ your shop is free. In comparison the bay charges £19.99 per month (every month) for a shop and the FVF's are significantly higher.

So.......

By doing this you are shooting yourself in the high heels.

Talking about high heels - you don't actually sell any. A valuable keyword for your items would be high which would then encompass a common search term high heels
    I think £19.99 for a pair of shoes like that is extremely good value, and to give her a dressing down on her first vist here is harsh, you are going to scare new sellers off we need more sellers not less.

Forum Newbie
    All-About heavenlyheels
    Forum Posts

The reason why my shoes are selling for £19.99 here are because i need to sell them at that price just to make a little profit. On Ebay i tried alot of different combinations of selling, some really cheap, some with p&p charges, some without p&p charges, some at dearer prices, i wasnt doing well on Ebay and i went through a phase of trying different things to see what would work, i was only making 39p profit per pair of shoes on ebay with all the charges, my target price was always £19.99 which only brings in a £2.50 profit per pair of shoes. I am not trying to be greedy here as i have offered free p&p for all my shoes, it actually costs me £5.20 to send these shoes by Hermes but im willing to pay that instead of adding these charges on, but by the time i buy the shoes then pay for delivery of them then pay to deliver them to customers and also the small final value fee here on ebid i am only left with a £2.50 profit which i think is reasonable for the work i do.
    Also my Ebay account is still open at this time only because i am due some fees just now and cant close my account until they are paid but i will be closing my account down soon and concentrating only on Ebid as i think it is a much better site
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Forum Newbie
    All-About heavenlyheels
    Forum Posts

Yes i have offered free shipping, although my shipping isnt actually free, i do have to pay for shipping so shipping has been added into the price.
    Do you think its better to sell shoes st £19.99 with free shipping or sell them for £14.79 with £5.20 shipping as thats what it costs to send them with Hermes.

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyheels View Post
    The reason why my shoes are selling for £19.99 here are because i need to sell them at that price just to make a little profit. On Ebay i tried alot of different combinations of selling, some really cheap, some with p&p charges, some without p&p charges, some at dearer prices, i wasnt doing well on Ebay and i went through a phase of trying different things to see what would work, i was only making 39p profit per pair of shoes on ebay with all the charges, my target price was always £19.99 which only brings in a £2.50 profit per pair of shoes. I am not trying to be greedy here as i have offered free p&p for all my shoes, it actually costs me £5.20 to send these shoes by Hermes but im willing to pay that instead of adding these charges on, but by the time i buy the shoes then pay for delivery of them then pay to deliver them to customers and also the small final value fee here on ebid i am only left with a £2.50 profit which i think is reasonable for the work i do.
    Also my Ebay account is still open at this time only because i am due some fees just now and cant close my account until they are paid but i will be closing my account down soon and concentrating only on Ebid as i think it is a much better site

The point I want to get across is that you can do yourself some damage right now by having the price difference on the items. Your target price, profits and whatever your bay plans are for the future are up to you. But as it stands your bay items are £18.50 with make an offer and your eBid items are £19.99. You could well have already had potential eBid buyers who have walked (clicked) away.

Quote Originally Posted by deanosaur1972 View Post
    The point I want to get across is that you can do yourself some damage right now by having the price difference on the items. Your target price, profits and whatever your bay plans are for the future are up to you. But as it stands your bay items are £18.50 with make an offer and your eBid items are £19.99. You could well have already had potential eBid buyers who have walked (clicked) away.
    Really, we are talking £1.50 not alot is it, as i already said the shoes are really good value.
    I think you are potentially scarring new sellers away and are coming over as very condescending.
    Her prices on ebid are what she feels is a fair price for her product and all the hard work that goes into it.

Thread Information