Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Some ideas for ebid - No 1 - Change the name

Default Re: Some ideas for ebid - No 1 - Change the name

I disagree with this. As Al said, the site has been around too long to change the name now. Logo, links, everything that has been set up under the eBid name. What a lot of work for a change and I doubt whether changing the name would make one bit of positive difference.

I found ebid by searching for alternative auction sites. Even though the BIN option seems to be what many buyers prefer now, I still think of online selling sites as auction sites. A person finds it easily via a web search. Plus, I don't believe that .net or .com matters one bit either. I wouldn't type out the URL. I would just search for eBid.

To me, this idea makes no sense and I think that time and money could be better spent elsewhere.

View FBNeNotes's Feedback (+1108)
    All-About FBNeNotes
    View FBNeNotes's Listings
    Forum Posts

A waste of thought and time...

Forum Master
    View tony41's Feedback (+10028)
    All-About tony41
    View tony41's Listings
    Forum Posts

For months if not years the OP has been campaigning for eBid to make itself better known. Now, as soon as the management have set up mobile apps (another of the OP's campaigns) and social media all under the name of eBid, the OP wants to change the name and throw away all that work which she advocated. I really don't know where she's comming from. Hope her next suggestions are better than this.

View FBNeNotes's Feedback (+1108)
    All-About FBNeNotes
    View FBNeNotes's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tony41 View Post
    For months if not years the OP has been campaigning for eBid to make itself better known. Now, as soon as the management have set up mobile apps (another of the OP's campaigns) and social media all under the name of eBid, the OP wants to change the name and throw away all that work which she advocated. I really don't know where she's comming from. Hope her next suggestions are better than this.
    She is a seller of 1 fixed price item.

Forum Diehard
    Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View cerealmunkee's Feedback (+1334)
    All-About cerealmunkee
    View cerealmunkee's Listings
    Forum Posts

Isn't the Ebid name pretty well established and now with the help of the recent mobile app becoming better known?.....when more sellers migrate to this site then it is possible that auctions will take on a greater role over here....i don't believe that online auctions are dead, i do think that they need a new place to continue.

I've never given the .dot com issue any thought....would it make the site more visible?....i can't see how it would and i don't understand how it would make the site any more well known.....unless i'm overlooking something?.

Forum Saint
    View adruml's Feedback (+1138)
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cerealmunkee View Post
    Isn't the Ebid name pretty well established and now with the help of the recent mobile app becoming better known?.....when more sellers migrate to this site then it is possible that auctions will take on a greater role over here....i don't believe that online auctions are dead, i do think that they need a new place to continue.

I've never given the .dot com issue any thought....would it make the site more visible?....i can't see how it would and i don't understand how it would make the site any more well known.....unless i'm overlooking something?.
    I like to believe that!

Forum Saint
    View tonyreddevil's Feedback (+74)
    All-About tonyreddevil
    View tonyreddevil's Listings
    Forum Posts

so do i

Quote Originally Posted by damian_steele View Post
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EBay

Originally, the site belonged to Echo Bay Technology Group, Omidyar's consulting firm. Omidyar had tried to register the domain name echobay.com, but found it already taken by the Echo Bay Mines, a gold mining company, so he shortened it to his second choice, eBay(dot)com.
    Prior to that it was called AuctionWeb.

As for a name change for eBid, these things are not as simple, or for that matter cheap to accomplish. And the new name might make little or no difference, there have been disasters in the past with name changes. All merchandise and stationary would need replacing, some form of advertising would be needed and work done getting the name eBid known would have to start all over again.

Far more important that the boys spend their time on tweaking the app if needed and getting the API up and running. At the moment things seem to be moving in the right direction, time and effort should be spent keeping that momentum going.

Forum Lurker
    View JDStamps's Feedback (+14452)
    All-About JDStamps
    View JDStamps's Listings
    Forum Posts

Why fix it if it ain't broke?

Thread Information