Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Hand crafted jewellery

View poppyrowan's Feedback (+127)
    All-About poppyrowan
    View poppyrowan's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Hand crafted jewellery

Hi... I make hand crafted jewellery, and obviously it goes in the 'artisan' section, but I don't believe people would type artisan necklace (for example) into a search engine. they would type hand made or hand crafted. Just a thought, but would these sections be better re-named Hand Crafted instead of Artisan? Would it make a difference in the search? Thank you

Default Re: Hand crafted jewellery

Quote Originally Posted by poppyrowan View Post
    Hi... I make hand crafted jewellery, and obviously it goes in the 'artisan' section, but I don't believe people would type artisan necklace (for example) into a search engine. they would type hand made or hand crafted. Just a thought, but would these sections be better re-named Hand Crafted instead of Artisan? Would it make a difference in the search? Thank you
    On a search basis it wouldn't make much difference to the individual but would to the collective. For example an individual seller such as yourself would (quite rightly) be using Hand Made Crafted as keywords (with an odd Artisan stuck in there to cover all eventualities) - but as some more general Google keyword searches will bring up the category from eBid then it would be preferable for the collective (all jewellery sellers) to have that category heading more keyword friendly.

Hand Made is used substantially more than Artisan ever would be.

Administrator
    Ebid Administrator., Greater London, United Kingdom
    View eBid_Andy's Feedback (+46)
    All-About eBid_Andy
    View eBid_Andy's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Hand crafted jewellery

We have renamed the category to Jewellery & Watches : Artisan & Hand Crafted pending site update.

Thread Information