Thread: Newbie ongoing advice sought

Forum Diehard
    Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View cerealmunkee's Feedback (+1334)
    All-About cerealmunkee
    View cerealmunkee's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Newbie ongoing advice sought

The only reasonable explanation that i can offer is that perhaps they wrongly believe that any thread that asks the question "how can i improve/make sales on Ebid?", automatically imply that there ARE no sales to be had here (untrue)....and they're aware that things should be better for sellers than they are, and such questions/threads imply that Ebid is is not worth any new seller/buyer interest.

Now.....i do detect a degree of paranoia....its as though , everyone must be silenced due to a small group actually having no faith in this site....i refer to those who call the shots, the rest of meanwhile actually believe that Ebid can really go somewhere, and a good degree of openness on this forum will be the first step.

Its great to support Ebid, but this becomes wearing when it appears to be a one way street and even comments aimed at assisting others are censored.
    Every new seller that comes here should benefit from the support that the members on this forum are keen to offer. what impression as a new member are you left with when you see all of your requests for assistance deleted?
    What will you eventually tell others who ask about the site?....you don't need to answer this as the thread will definitely disappear.

Sheffield, South Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View sheffieldtony's Feedback (+1287)
    All-About sheffieldtony
    View sheffieldtony's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cerealmunkee View Post
    The only reasonable explanation that i can offer is that perhaps they wrongly believe that any thread that asks the question "how can i improve/make sales on Ebid?", automatically imply that there ARE no sales to be had here (untrue)....and they're aware that things should be better for sellers than they are, and such questions/threads imply that Ebid is is not worth any new seller/buyer interest.

Now.....i do detect a degree of paranoia....its as though , everyone must be silenced due to a small group actually having no faith in this site....i refer to those who call the shots, the rest of meanwhile actually believe that Ebid can really go somewhere, and a good degree of openness on this forum will be the first step.

Its great to support Ebid, but this becomes wearing when it appears to be a one way street and even comments aimed at assisting others are censored.
    Every new seller that comes here should benefit from the support that the members on this forum are keen to offer. what impression as a new member are you left with when you see all of your requests for assistance deleted?
    What will you eventually tell others who ask about the site?....you don't need to answer this as the thread will definitely disappear.

It will be pulled because it tells the truth. Ive said it before the big sellers on here are the big listers. 5-10 thousand listings. the normal listers with 10.20 30 listings are struggling for sales.
    https://www.ebid.net/uk/stores/OldPostcards

Click on Link & Join EBid.
    http://www.ebid.net/uk/buddy/317570

I can pretty much guess the reason was just a couple of posts - one was detailing a process which was contrary to the eBid rules and a plain misuse of the site and the other was a quote and reply. It didn't bother me when I read those posts because the comments were pretty daft and showed a remarkable lack of foresight or understanding. Whether the whole thread should have been removed or just the offending posts is questionable - in an ideal world the offending posts vanish and not the thread, but the forum should not be taking eBid's time up when there are probably far more important things to work on.

Generally I would say that eBid are quite tolerant on the forums... I can think of a thread which ran for weeks where the seller slated eBid detailing music sales they got on the other sites @ £13,000 - got plenty of advice - got some sales off forum members - and then returned to thread with a story about giving a buyer a choice of a DVD product where the bay price was x4 more expensive than eBid and they chose the bay. At that point I questioned the seller because the DVD sale did not exist, the seller then panicked because he realised I knew exactly what his other account details were and he deleted the thread. It was a shame that he vanished because the claim of £13,000 sales elsewhere were actually around £50! I would have had some unbelievable fun on that thread if he hadn't deleted it.

Haverfordwest, Pembrokeshire, United Kingdom
    View olivia8143's Feedback (+1394)
    All-About olivia8143
    View olivia8143's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sheffieldtony View Post

It will be pulled because it tells the truth. Ive said it before the big sellers on here are the big listers. 5-10 thousand listings. the normal listers with 10.20 30 listings are struggling for sales.
    I consider myself a normal lister (130 ish listings) and I've just had my best month this year with this months invoice totalling £2.58.

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Just in case this got deleted last time, I'm reposting it here.

Some suggestions, if you haven't already tried them:

1) Add a signature link to your posts, so members can click to view your listings.
    2) List as many items as you can; it's free to list and relist and the more items you list, the more potential sales.
    3) Use 7-10 day listings with auto repost to ensure your items move up searches.
    4) Let former customers from other sites know you're selling here.
    5) Use social networking (Twitter, Facebook, personal blog) to promote your listings.
    6) Use Plug Your Auctions on the forum (1x per 24 hours - delete old plug before adding new one) to promote your listings.
    7) Offer international shipping whenever possible to widen your potential customer base.
    8) Tell everyone you know and meet about eBid.
    9) Buy a few inexpensive items to increase your feedback and support the site.
    10) Get involved in eBid activities, as the monthly YDC charity auctions, if you're so inclined; it's a great way to raise monies for good causes and it helps raise your profile in the eBid community.
    11) Check out the Help videos and read Astral's FAQs page, lots of good info. in both places.

http://www.mootango.webspace.virginmedia.com/ebidkb.htm

Oh and have fun.

I don't know all there is to know about PP, though I can honestly say that I've only ever had one issue with a buyer claiming non-receipt in all my years of selling (knock wood) and since I'd put the USPS tracking number in and the item showed as delivered, PP closed the case for me.

Not sure why your previous post was deleted, you'd have to ask eBid directly to find out about that.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

View neetyvg's Feedback (+3)
    All-About neetyvg
    View neetyvg's Listings
    Forum Posts

Why lie? You only end up hurting yourself and losing out on the genuine help given. I value all the advice I receive and I am in it for the long haul so it's in my interests to make a go of it. I don't understand some-one who wouldn't. Every platform is different and that's fundamentally why a newbie should seek help. And if some kind soul is willing to offer helpful aid then repect them and the advice given - it's a no brainer

All-About neetyvg
    View neetyvg's Listings
    Forum Posts

ooh, ooh, thank you suesjools. saved it this time.

This is Fabulous and should if it's not be posted in some obvious place. "JOOLS COOLS" "Jools Rules"
    Or "Jools Jewels" sp? or...
    Quote Originally Posted by suesjools View Post
    Just in case this got deleted last time, I'm reposting it here.

Some suggestions, if you haven't already tried them:

1) Add a signature link to your posts, so members can click to view your listings.
    2) List as many items as you can; it's free to list and relist and the more items you list, the more potential sales.
    3) Use 7-10 day listings with auto repost to ensure your items move up searches.
    4) Let former customers from other sites know you're selling here.
    5) Use social networking (Twitter, Facebook, personal blog) to promote your listings.
    6) Use Plug Your Auctions on the forum (1x per 24 hours - delete old plug before adding new one) to promote your listings.
    7) Offer international shipping whenever possible to widen your potential customer base.
    8) Tell everyone you know and meet about eBid.
    9) Buy a few inexpensive items to increase your feedback and support the site.
    10) Get involved in eBid activities, as the monthly YDC charity auctions, if you're so inclined; it's a great way to raise monies for good causes and it helps raise your profile in the eBid community.
    11) Check out the Help videos and read Astral's FAQs page, lots of good info. in both places.

http://www.mootango.webspace.virginmedia.com/ebidkb.htm

Oh and have fun.

I don't know all there is to know about PP, though I can honestly say that I've only ever had one issue with a buyer claiming non-receipt in all my years of selling (knock wood) and since I'd put the USPS tracking number in and the item showed as delivered, PP closed the case for me.

Not sure why your previous post was deleted, you'd have to ask eBid directly to find out about that.

Best wishes for many sales to all,
    Last edited by Ebideclectics; 1st March 2014 at 08:09 PM.

WOW...I don't know what that is in US but sounds like your just Rockin and Rollin in the $$$$
    Quote Originally Posted by olivia8143 View Post
    I consider myself a normal lister (130 ish listings) and I've just had my best month this year with this months invoice totalling £2.58.

All-About neetyvg
    View neetyvg's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by olivia8143 View Post
    I've got 130 ish listings and hey £2.50 is more than zero, any sale is better than 'nudah'. This is my goal to get to this level

Thread Information